Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They definitely won't throw it.

The fans might care more about Liverpool winning the league, but Ole and the players will be far more concerned about their own goal.

Will be a weird day for United fans, I've heard some on here say they'd happily miss out on top four as long as Liverpool don't win the league, not sure if that's a majority though.

Losing against City may or may not affect United's chances of finishing in the top four but it undoubtedly will affect the outcome of the title race. Liverpool aren't going away despite what their current less than impressive form suggests. I expect them to raise their game as the season draws to a close - the front three especially.

Both Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will continue to drop points over the coming weeks, just as they have all season long, so we could effectively throw the City game and make up the difference in the four remaining ones. Throwing away 3 points is a risky proposition any way you slice it but I think it's an acceptable one all things considered.

I realize this may be an unpopular opinion.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Losing against City may or may not affect United's chances of finishing in the top four but it undoubtedly will affect the outcome of the title race. Liverpool aren't going away despite what their current less than impressive form suggests. I expect them to raise their game as the season draws to a close - the front three especially.

Both Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will continue to drop points over the coming weeks, just as they have all season long, so we could effectively throw the City game and make up the difference in the four remaining ones. Throwing away 3 points is a risky proposition any way you slice it but I think it's an acceptable one all things considered.

I realize this may be an unpopular opinion.
I agree. I think Solskjaer despises us. It'll depend on the situation at hand but if you can afford to lose you'll throw the towel beforehand imo.

Djemba-Djemba

I agree. I think Solskjaer despises us. It'll depend on the situation at hand but if you can afford to lose you'll throw the towel beforehand imo.
You couldn't really complain could you?

I still remember Liverpool's "effort" against Chelsea in 2010.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You couldn't really complain could you?

I still remember Liverpool's "effort" against Chelsea in 2010.
No of course not, I already said earlier I wouldn't even be mad and would want us to do the same thing if the roles were reversed. But it could be Sophie's choice if you still need all three points come the derby.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He's auditioning for the job. He's not gonna throw in the towel for a derby purely to spite Liverpool.

Posh Red

The media seem to be finally turning on him. The ball boy situation doesn’t seem to have done him any favours. At times he can be so likeable. He just seems like a terrible loser, which isn’t always a bad thing, but I wonder if he lets his emotions get the better of him at times. He certainly doesn’t come across as a calming influence right now.

UDontMessWith24

"A little break"? He lost three Bundesliga in a row in spectacular fashion. First by 25 points, then 19, then by 33. He cheated the league for two seasons with his gimmick Gegenpress (which I'm sure was a really smart trick back in 2011), then the other managers caught on and that was that. He even had a little meltdown and went on a Keegan like rant about how Bayern were "copying" his tactics like "the Chinese".

He's on his fourth season with Liverpool now and this is the first time he's even close to challenging. Four years is short term? That's longer than Pep's entire Barca spell ffs. If he doesn't pull it off now, that's half a decade. Almost a dynasty.
How exactly did he cheat?

Vadim

Klopp is unhinged and a terrible loser. His remarks about weather and the pitch when he doesn’t win is a joke.

And that fecking baseball cap and glasses look. He’s such a plonker.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on good times
Just blame it on the Wind!

Alemar

Can anyone explain why wind could be a problem? It's the same wind (or any other weather related aspect) for BOTH teams.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
As a club I don't think we'd be all that happy to see a manager go three years without a trophy, that simply wouldn't be good enough. But expectations are different.
I don’t think it’s as black and white as that though.

After Jose, if any of our managers enabled us to challenge for the title and reach a champions league final, we’d be pretty content with that wouldn’t we?

If OGS did the same in the next 2/3 years would we sack him? Very much doubt it.

They’ve made good progress under Klopp, I think that’s obvious.

AshRK

I wouldn't even be mad if they throw the game against City. I know I would want us to do the same thing rather than help United win another title.

It's good that they still have top 4 to play for otherwise I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that they'd gift City the win.
As much as i would hate the sight of henderson and klopp lifting the trophy, i would be extremely frustrated to see us losing on purpose or not giving our best. I don't want to see our fans celebrating a loss like you lot did after gifting chelsea the game in 2010. I hope we give our best against city and beat them. Having said that I do think they will beat us or draw, cannot see us beating them. Predicting a draw.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As much as i would hate the sight of henderson and klopp lifting the trophy, i would be extremely frustrated to see us losing on purpose or not giving our best. I don't want to see our fans celebrating a loss like you lot did after gifting chelsea the game in 2010. I hope we give our best against city and beat them. Having said that I do think they will beat us or draw, cannot see us beating them. Predicting a draw.
They aren't invincible.They've lost 4 games to teams we've beaten of late

Josh 76

Gary Nevile quoted in his book that the academy players of Liverpool were telling the Utd academy players that there is no way Liverpool will beat Chelsea so Utd can win the league in 2010. They were right!

If Utd beat City that gives Liverpool the title. Ole won't ever live it down. The Scousers will hail Ole has a hero and will take so much piss on social media, Ole may never recover. This could effect Utd in the long run. So these Utd fans saying it's all about Utd finishing in the top 4 and not about Liverpool wining the league. All I can say, be careful what you wish for.

Lentwood

I’ll happily sit and watch the City game in East Manchester wearing a City shirt actively hoping we get beat if that means Liverpool don’t win it

It would be different if we were playing for something (that I care about) but we are not

JSArsenal

I think he's deliberately coming up with this kind of nonsense to put all the focus on him and away from his players. To be fair to him it has worked.

If the above isn't true, then he has to have a few screws loose. I've never heard a manager blame the wind on more than one occasion. Wenger's go to was that "We lacked a little bit of sharpness in the final third, tired from midweek, X are a very good side you know. It is always very difficult to come here. We played with the handbrake on" It was almost like clockwork.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
News flash @SquishyMcSquish. Ed Woodward offered Klopp the United job which he declined. Him managing Liverpool was his own choice and for his own good. He cannot handle the pressure of instant success and the egos that come with massive transfers (signing Pogba to put him on the bench for a workhorse midfielder would be textbook Klopp, Mourinho made Pogba undroppable for 1.5 seasons and still got the boot when he started benching him).

Unless you are a closet Liverpool fan, who thinks Klopp turned down huge spending and multiple trophies just so he could manage Liverpool. Liverpool fans love to think of themselves as so special that a manager would do anything to manage them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
News flash @SquishyMcSquish. Ed Woodward offered Klopp the United job which he declined. Him managing Liverpool was his own choice and for his own good. He cannot handle the pressure of instant success and the egos that come with massive transfers (signing Pogba to put him on the bench for a workhorse midfielder would be textbook Klopp, Mourinho made Pogba undroppable for 1.5 seasons and still got the boot when he started benching him).

Unless you are a closet Liverpool fan, who thinks Klopp turned down huge spending and multiple trophies just so he could manage Liverpool. Liverpool fans love to think of themselves as so special that a manager would do anything to manage them.
Oh yeah, I love Liverpool me! All my many posts desperately supporting City (a club I despise) in the title race against them are just for kicks. :D

Maybe he can't, who knows? I'm not in Jurgen Klopp's head, I don't know why he potentially turned down the United job, all I know is that he's done great work at both Dortmund and Liverpool. Maybe he is a manager who needs time to get his project going, in which case it makes sense to target the sort of club he feels will give him that, I don't view it as a negative. Pretty much all managers cherry pick clubs they think they'll be a success at, look at Guardiola's choices of where to manage, sure he has pressure of 'instant success' but he's also managed some of the best squads in world football.

Personally I do think Klopp is a bit of a romantic at heart and liked the idea of a club like Liverpool, bit of a fallen giant, I do think he favours the underdog type of side. Regardless of that my view is that he is an elite coach with few better than him in world football, I don't believe anybody could really have done better at Dortmund or Liverpool than he has. You don't have to agree with that, some people judge managers on different things, so for some purists on here if Klopp doesn't win the league he will be a failure at Liverpool.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Oh yeah, I love Liverpool me! All my many posts desperately supporting City (a club I despise) in the title race against them are just for kicks. :D

Maybe he can't, who knows? I'm not in Jurgen Klopp's head, I don't know why he potentially turned down the United job, all I know is that he's done great work at both Dortmund and Liverpool. Maybe he is a manager who needs time to get his project going, in which case it makes sense to target the sort of club he feels will give him that, I don't view it as a negative. Pretty much all managers cherry pick clubs they think they'll be a success at, look at Guardiola's choices of where to manage, sure he has pressure of 'instant success' but he's also managed some of the best squads in world football.

Personally I do think Klopp is a bit of a romantic at heart and liked the idea of a club like Liverpool, bit of a fallen giant, I do think he favours the underdog type of side. Regardless of that my view is that he is an elite coach with few better than him in world football, I don't believe anybody could really have done better at Dortmund or Liverpool than he has. You don't have to agree with that, some people judge managers on different things, so for some purists on here if Klopp doesn't win the league he will be a failure at Liverpool.
The implication of 'he only manages Dortmund and Liverpool' is that he would do better at a club with less restrictions which is practically proven false with Klopp turning down a club with less restrictions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/12/jurgen-klopp-turned-chance-manage-man-utd/

Jurgen Klopp was asked to succeed SAF, he was going to inherit a title winning squad and get a truckload of money. A long time acquaintance of Klopp from Mainz said that Klopp's dream team to manage in England would be Manchester United. The only logical explanation is that he chose Liverpool because that was his highest chance of success. This makes him managing teams with less money irrelevant because that is his path of least resistance.

I believe come the end of the season the reason for his reluctance to manager elite clubs will be confirmed (with Liverpool finishing 2nd). Liverpool spent £150m in the summer and might not have a trophy to show for it, that signals the end of your tenure at a club like Madrid, Barca, United etc. Liverpool will probably be fine with Klopp because of their trophy drought. However, they aren't the plucky underdogs anymore with breaking world record fees for defenders and goalkeeper.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't even be mad if they throw the game against City. I know I would want us to do the same thing rather than help United win another title.

It's good that they still have top 4 to play for otherwise I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that they'd gift City the win.
If it’d potentially cost us CL qualification?

I sure wouldn’t.

Last edited:

Melville Red

They definitely won't throw it.

The fans might care more about Liverpool winning the league, but Ole and the players will be far more concerned about their own goal.

Will be a weird day for United fans, I've heard some on here say they'd happily miss out on top four as long as Liverpool don't win the league, not sure if that's a majority though.
Right come on then, set up a new thread and a poll.
It’s the question every body wants answering but doesn’t want to answer themselves.

to

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
The implication of 'he only manages Dortmund and Liverpool' is that he would do better at a club with less restrictions which is practically proven false with Klopp turning down a club with less restrictions.

A long time acquaintance of Klopp from Mainz said that Klopp's dream team to manage in England would be Manchester United. The only logical explanation is that he chose Liverpool because that was his highest chance of success.
Must admit, this seems like some strange logic. Why does choosing Liverpool over United prove that he would not succeed at a "better" club? It only means he preferred to manage Liverpool, for whatever reason. Likewise, I don't how you can deduce that he chose Liverpool as he felt that it represented a better chance of success. There's myriad factors we wouldn't know about, for instance which club made the most effort to sign him and made him feel the most wanted. For all we know United tentatively approached him while Liverpool went all out to convince him that he was the manager they wanted and no one else.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Must admit, this seems like some strange logic. Why does choosing Liverpool over United prove that he would not succeed at a "better" club? It only means he preferred to manage Liverpool, for whatever reason. Likewise, I don't how you can deduce that he chose Liverpool as he felt that it represented a better chance of success. There's myriad factors we wouldn't know about, for instance which club made the most effort to sign him and made him feel the most wanted. For all we know United tentatively approached him while Liverpool went all out to convince him that he was the manager they wanted and no one else.
Actually we do know that. Woodward viewed Klopp in very high regard and sounded him out personally (said he could manage adult Disneyland :lol:), he especially liked the low wage bill Dortmund had and was no doubt licking his chops at the financial miracles Klopp could accomplish.

Klopp chose Liverpool because he had less paperwork to sign and less commercial responsibilities.

I had talks with other clubs and they didn't sound like a football club. It sounded like marketing, image, you need to sign this, you need to sign that. And I thought 'wow, that's not the game I love'.

This basically rules him out of Madrid, Barca and United who are huge on marketing and image rights. The commercial work these 3 clubs do is huge. He can't handle being manager at a club like this.