Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Fracture90

Why are people so stupid. The main reason he has signed a new contract is for a pay increase on his current contract. The only way this was going to happen is if he extended his contract.
It won't be the biggest shock in the world if he walks out in a couple of years.
Or is it maybe that he's aware that he's got a chance to write history because let's be honest, there's no team on the planet that can stand up to them as things stand.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Why won't he just feck off? :(
Really hoped that after 7 years he’d feck off similar to Mainz and Dortmund. Those saying he can’t keep this current form up is missing the point imo. The longer he stays at Liverpool, the more difficult it’ll be for us to get back to being top dogs.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Or is it maybe that he's aware that he's got a chance to write history because let's be honest, there's no team on the planet that can stand up to them as things stand.
Whilst being obviously the best managed club currently, they still rely on exceptional player development and team work much more than any other top team. I heavily doubt that there are many players out of that Liverpool squad that'd maintain their level at pretty much any other club as experienced through their manager's previous teams. It'd only need a manager on the same level with more resources to work with.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
We won't stay that long there cycle will end in another year or two. At max 3 years and will leave before his final season.

Josh 76

My brother met Klopp in Florida last summer. (Nice and pleasant guy by the way). Klopp even had time to take a couple of selfies with my Brothers mates. All nice and polite. No exclusive inside information to disclose. One thing he did say was that he hates all the media attention all his family gets and it does get to him. (probably one of the reasons he went to the states on holiday). One thing I can say is, his family is the only thing he cares about, and the day he thinks his family start to suffer from his world wide exposure, is the day he will walk out. (Like Shankley did, out of the blue).
Now what he's done at Liverpool over the last 18 months , might be great for Liverpool fans , but it's back firing on his home life. There are always two sides to a coin. Enjoy it while it lasts.

sangria

My brother met Klopp in Florida last summer. (Nice and pleasant guy by the way). Klopp even had time to take a couple of selfies with my Brothers mates. All nice and polite. No exclusive inside information to disclose. One thing he did say was that he hates all the media attention all his family gets and it does get to him. (probably one of the reasons he went to the states on holiday). One thing I can say is, his family is the only thing he cares about, and the day he thinks his family start to suffer from his world wide exposure, is the day he will walk out. (Like Shankley did, out of the blue).
Now what he's done at Liverpool over the last 18 months , might be great for Liverpool fans , but it's back firing on his home life. There are always two sides to a coin. Enjoy it while it lasts.
And what was Klopp like?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
"The best managers should be in the Premier League" -> The best managers should manage the top6 clubs -> We are 9w 2d 2l in 15 games against the big six. the winning track record is established.

Not sure why you're so offended though, you were lucky to walk away with a point at OT both times we met.
I am not offended. More bemused at how two draws at home turns into "united keep beating them". If the years to come end up being wins at Anfield and draws at Old Trafford, I will be quite happy with that.

Yakuza_devils

Kloop is one of the best manager in the world. He has transformed Liverpool and rebuild their team without spending crazy money. All stars are aligned at the moment for them. As other said, the decline could be 1 or 2 season from now and we will see if he could rebuild again.

But I'm more worry about Pep as he has proven that he is capable of making City champion with records points again and again. He has also proven in other league that he can dominate the league. In City, he is also backed with oil money and very good football structure. After drop of form this season, they will spend big again in the summer. It is much easier for them to rebuild or improve their squad.

marktan

Liverpool's decline / rebuild job would still be a good 4-5 years away, their core players are 26-28, giving them at least a good 3-4 years even for their oldest players.

I was hoping Klopp left in 2022 after his usual 7 years, but unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case. Whether he stays longer to rebuild or leaves is anyone's guess, but of course a rebuild will be hard, even SAF struggled around 03-05. But like SAF Klopp seems to sign players remarkably well, so if he did stay for a long time I don't see why he couldn't do it.

Yakuza_devils

Liverpool's decline / rebuild job would still be a good 4-5 years away, their core players are 26-28, giving them at least a good 3-4 years even for their oldest players.

I was hoping Klopp left in 2022 after his usual 7 years, but unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case. Whether he stays longer to rebuild or leaves is anyone's guess, but of course a rebuild will be hard, even SAF struggled around 03-05. But like SAF Klopp seems to sign players remarkably well, so if he did stay for a long time I don't see why he couldn't do it.
Nobody can predict Man City decline this year after their records points in previous 2 seasons.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nobody can predict Man City decline this year after their records points in previous 2 seasons.
True but they lost Kompany and never replaced him for starters. If they had adequately replaced him, I don't think they'd be behind us by much if any

Baneofthegame

True but they lost Kompany and never replaced him for starters. If they had adequately replaced him, I don't think they'd be behind us by much if any
And got a long term injury to there beat CB movingFernandinho back to CB where he is not as effective in my opinion.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I am not offended. More bemused at how two draws at home turns into "united keep beating them". If the years to come end up being wins at Anfield and draws at Old Trafford, I will be quite happy with that.
Them, as in the big six.

iKnowNothing

What I'm wondering is why nobody in the PL has really figured out his game and challenged him. In this modern day of all sorts for fancy software and data, it it really that hard to sort of take points off him? The way his team plays hasn't changed much since last season and this season, it has only been Ole who has managed to get points off Klopp. There has to be a team somewhere up and down the league that can beat them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What I'm wondering is why nobody in the PL has really figured out his game and challenged him. In this modern day of all sorts for fancy software and data, it it really that hard to sort of take points off him? The way his team plays hasn't changed much since last season and this season, it has only been Ole who has managed to get points off Klopp. There has to be a team somewhere up and down the league that can beat them.
In the games we've gone behind, we've done well to play with a lot intensity and high pace and just pile on the pressure.

We didn't score those goals because we have a special formula that others can't crack. It's just relentless attacking with enough quality in our delivery and finishers that eventually teams just can't keep it out.

We've actually played some great football at times this season, but it's overlooked because it wasn't 5-0 wins, but working hard to secure a 2-1 win.

MrVolley

Klopp was the manager we all wanted.
Klopp is the manager we would all love to have (nobody here is fooling anybody).
We all know that Ole isn't good enough to lace Klopp's managerial boots.

I kept on reading here that Klopp would be gone by 2022. Well he's just extended his contact and I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps on extending it. He's only the same age as SAF was when we first won the Premier league. Klopp wants legendary status. He'll only get that by staying at a club.

Unless we can find a top manager to slay the night King, winter is coming. A long winter.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I agree but at the same time John Stones cost 50m, don’t you think the plan when they signed him is to develop him & replace Kompany. May be that was another reason why they didn’t let Pep to spend bigon centre back in the summer since they expect Pep to use Stones.

Yakuza_devils

Yes, also injury to Aguero and drop of form with D. Silva. As I said, City have the money, football structure and excellent manager in the club that they can easily sort this out by next summer.

Football is so unpredictable, they were invincible last 2 seasons.

Fracture90

Whilst being obviously the best managed club currently, they still rely on exceptional player development and team work much more than any other top team. I heavily doubt that there are many players out of that Liverpool squad that'd maintain their level at pretty much any other club as experienced through their manager's previous teams. It'd only need a manager on the same level with more resources to work with.
Well they already have the foundation set, they won't find it hard to recruit talented and established class players because they're the hot shiit atm.

Also besides Salah, can't see any of their key players leaving, they're well aware that their on the incline and there's really no competition for them atm.

Madrid and Barca are nothing more than shells of their former selves, City is running on fumes now and Guardiola will be leaving rather soon I reckon, Chelsea and us are years behind, whilst Spurs under Mourinho are yet to galvanize.

Bayern isn't all that convincing in CL lately. Can only se Juve being somewhat of a threat to them.

Fracture90

So far that had little to no impact on their results.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
It was always going to be difficult for City to sustain the sort of form & consistency that saw them amass nearly 200 points over the previous 2 seasons. I said as much in the City thread during the summer. They were forced - by us - to win their final 14 games of the season. That sort of pressure has to take it's toll, mentally, on the players. I also predicted that the league would be won with a points total in the high 80's/low 90's. I'm still fairly confident that will the case.

Irwin99

Meh! Liverpool did that all time in the early 00s . Fast start, nick a goal, sit back and defend for their lives. It goes in cycles. If they’re the best team in the world they should be able to break through our defence. It’s up to them to break us down.

OleBoiii

"Why can't United play the way I want them to so I can easily beat them" :(
This is easily one of my biggest pet peeves in football. This holier-than-thou attitude is only mildly annoying when fans display it. When managers do it, it becomes unbearable.

Klopp is the best manager in the game right now, but he's a massive cnut.

Steve Bruce

Meh, I don't let little comments like that annoy me.

He is what he is, if he hasn't something to whinge about, he whinge about how theirs nothing to whinge about.

big rons sovereign

You mean a premonition, surely.

Klopp will go full Jack Nicholson from The Shining when we beat them on Sunday. Blood will be spilled.
It all depends on if they have their pet ref oliVAR in the bullshit bus. If he is then expect United goals to be disallowed for an offside 10 minutes previous.

Bestietom

This is easily one of my biggest pet peeves in football. This holier-than-thou attitude is only mildly annoying when fans display it. When managers do it, it becomes unbearable.

Klopp is the best manager in the game right now, but he's a massive cnut.
We will just lie down and let them walk all over us. Is this Ok Mr. Klopp