Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I hope this is a wake up call for our board, they need to realise that our status is seriously at stake right now and we need to be properly challenging the season after the next one.
Next next year is our year

DoomSlayer

You're doing it right.
Not sure what warrants the sarcasm, but okay. :lol: I don't think we have a chance next year. That's not a slight on Ole, but on how far down Woodward has dragged us. We need time to climb back up, if we have the proper structure and plan to do so.

I'm also not saying this will happen, I'm saying it has to, otherwise I have some bad news for you fellas.

Handré1990

Who cares? I doubt they’ll get any better than they are now, which is still one of the best teams on the planet mind. Every single time I’ve heard the words dynasty, set for the future, going to dominate for the forseeable future etc in the last decade it’s been a wrong prediction, be it Barca, Bayern, RM or City. What I care about is how we’ll do

. I actually think it’d be nice to compete with Liverpool for a title. More respect for them than a club owned by a despotic oil state.

DoomSlayer

Who cares? I doubt they’ll get any better than they are now, which is still one of the best teams on the planet mind. Every single time I’ve heard the words dynasty, set for the future, going to dominate for the forseeable future etc in the last decade it’s been a wrong prediction, be it Barca, Bayern, RM or City. What I care about is how we’ll do

. I actually think it’d be nice to compete with Liverpool for a title. More respect for them than a club owned by a despotic oil state.
Well, Bayern has won 7 consecutive titles and Real Madrid recently got 3 CL trophies in a row. That seems like a proper dynasty to me.

Josh 76

Why are people so stupid. The main reason he has signed a new contract is for a pay increase on his current contract. The only way this was going to happen is if he extended his contract.
It won't be the biggest shock in the world if he walks out in a couple of years.

Gehrman

Why are people so stupid. The main reason he has signed a new contract is for a pay increase on his current contract. The only way this was going to happen is if he extended his contract.
It won't be the biggest shock in the world if he walks out in a couple of years.
PSG could pay him way more.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Agreed. You always hear about how this side or that is going to dominate for years to come, and then they fall away. Even Ferguson's United fell away but he was able to rebuild and rise up again. We'll be pretty good for a couple more years then might regress to a top four side and go through a rebuild.

He's put us in a great position going forward though.

Josh 76

PSG could pay him way more.
Why the feck would be want to go to PSG ?
He has spent 5 years building a team to win the PL and CL in the most popular and best league in the world. He wants to see it through and with that comes a pay rise.
I'm sure he could get more money in China.
Think your missing the point of why he has signed a new contract. He could have signed it in 2 years time if he really 'loved Liverpool'.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
He has spent 5 years building a team to win the PL and CL in the most popular and best league in the world. He wants to see it through and with that comes a pay rise.
Think your missing the point of why he has signed a new contract. He could have signed it in 2 years time if he really 'loved Liverpool'.
Yea, signalling to the players that you are committed long term is completely worthless. Anyone who takes a payrise can't really love their work place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, he's an unbelievable manager who deserves all the credit he gets. But I just can't envision him ever putting together a team as strong as this again. His biggest challenge will be how to rebuild his core, all of which are around the same age and among the best players in the world in their position, in the coming years. They'll continue to be among Europe's elite for a few more years before performances begin to wane but even SAF had to go through periods of rebuilding.

Also worth mentioning, there will come a time where teams learn to adapt to his play making full backs which is another challenge he'll have to overcome, the elite teams in Europe in particular are usually good at adapting to tactical challenges.

EngimaMK

Klopp was my first choice when SAF left. I wanted him so much when we lost the great man. Slept too long and missed out on what I consider the current best manager in the world.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp was my first choice when SAF left. I wanted him so much when we lost the great man. Slept too long and missed out on what I consider the current best manager in the world.
I hear that from loads of fans that they missed the boat with Klopp. Arsenal, United ans even Chelsea fans have said it but I'm not sure it's even remotely accurate.

If reports are anything to go by he always had his eye on Liverpool after Dortmund.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I hear that from loads of fans that they missed the boat with Klopp. Arsenal, United ans even Chelsea fans have said it but I'm not sure it's even remotely accurate.

If reports are anything to go by he always had his eye on Liverpool after Dortmund.
Yeah the little boy inside him always dreamt of managing Liverpool.

Gehrman

That was my point. My post was a reply to the fact that he said that Klopp extended his contract to get a payrise. Hence I said if he was after the money, he'd walk straight into PSG.

Gehrman

Maybe if it was Fergie selling Old Trafford to him instead of piggy redfaced accountant he may have come here.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern

Nah, United was at the very least as tempting for him if the reports in Germany are trustworthy. Of course the Woodward pitch didn't help, but mostly it was just wrong timing to get him. If it was United calling before Liverpool did when he was doing his sabbatical, I am 100% sure he'd have gone there. Probably even to Arsenal too.

Josh 76

Yea, signalling to the players that you are committed long term is completely worthless. Anyone who takes a payrise can't really love their work place.
Its easy to love your work place when you are winning.
Don't think for a minute he was this kid who dreamt of one day managing Liverpool. Dortmund fans will tell you another story.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Don't think for a minute he was this kid who dreamt of one day managing Liverpool. Dortmund fans will tell you another story.
Desperate :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It will be interesting to see how he handles the decline of the front three. Given the intensity they put in their game it's more than likely they won't keep up their current level very far into their 30s.

It's easy to say identify recruitments and replace and while in theory that's sound it's not always that easy, the combination of both the quality and chemistry that those three enjoy will be ny on impossible to replace, atleast in the short term.

That's why I'm surprised Klopp has renewed, 2022 was shaping up to be a perfect natural conclusion for him.

mu4c_20le

I don't see this as bad news at all. The PL should have the best players and managers in the world, and its a shame that Pep looks like he's about done at City. I want everyone to be at their proper best when Ole brings us back to where we belong, and knocks them off their fecking perch again.

Handré1990

Exactly so @Klopper76 and @AltiUn. What I’ll say is you’ll probably not fall down as hard as the last time you were on top, or like we did post SAF, because I truly believe you need a special kind of idiot to mismanage something so solidly built to the level we’ve seen at United.

Liverpool will probably be ranging from 1st to 4th after Klopp, and as we’ve seen it’s not easy to win the league more than once on the trot, so will most probably be the same while he’s your manager. Unless he’s actually cut in the same cloth as Busby, SAF, Shankly and Paisley, if so, big if though, I’ll admit I was wrong;)

UpWithRivers

Why arnt managers tapped up more? It would be worth it to offer Pep/Klopp double their wages. Who cares if they are managing our rivals. That would make it sweeter if we steal thier manager. Even if it doesnt work out at least we fk them up a bit?

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, he's an unbelievable manager who deserves all the credit he gets. But I just can't envision him ever putting together a team as strong as this again. His biggest challenge will be how to rebuild his core, all of which are around the same age and among the best players in the world in their position, in the coming years. They'll continue to be among Europe's elite for a few more years before performances begin to wane but even SAF had to go through periods of rebuilding.

Also worth mentioning, there will come a time where teams learn to adapt to his play making full backs which is another challenge he'll have to overcome, the elite teams in Europe in particular are usually good at adapting to tactical challenges.
It will be interesting to see how he handles the decline of the front three. Given the intensity they put in their game it's more than likely they won't keep up their current level very far into their 30s.

It's easy to say identify recruitments and replace and while in theory that's sound it's not always that easy, the combination of both the quality and chemistry that those three enjoy will be ny on impossible to replace, atleast in the short term.

That's why I'm surprised Klopp has renewed, 2022 was shaping up to be a perfect natural conclusion for him.
Sorry but I disagree...people saying that his biggest challenge will be a rebuild of this team. Sorry, but he has already faced and successfully overcome his biggest rebuild. When he joined in 2015 that team was an average mess, only three players in that Liverpool team play regularly now from the one he inherited, the rest he has bought or promoted/developed from the youth academy. Yes rebuilds can be challenging, I'm not disputing that, but any rebuild he has to do will not be as bad as the one he had to do when he first joined. Also the first rebuild involved having to change the mentality and general foundation including hiring decent coaches and other backroom staff, with that out of the way any future rebuild should be less taxing.

redshaw

I remember him saying he saw Liverpool fans similar to Dortmund fans with the holding up of scarfs and he like challenges and projects. I'm not sure we were going to land Klopp, think he already chose Liverpool as a nice like for like option from Dortmund.

Regarding rebuilds. I think he's shown he can get a lot out of varying quality of player so I don't expect they'll be falling away.

Thepinhead

Great, now we just need Guardiola to extend his contract. I want them in the league when we win it. Will make the victory sweeter.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm actually stoked about this. The best managers should be in the Premier League. As long as Ole's United keep beating them, why not

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
As long as Ole's United keep beating them, why not
Not sure if serious....

And by that I mean I can't tell if you're joking about being happy to just be good enough to get a result in your tie against us or if you're joking about the "keep beating them" part. You do know that in the two games he's managed against us, both at old trafford, he hasn't actually beaten us yet, right?

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry but I disagree...people saying that his biggest challenge will be a rebuild of this team. Sorry, but he has already faced and successfully overcome his biggest rebuild. When he joined in 2015 that team was an average mess, only three players in that Liverpool team play regularly now from the one he inherited, the rest he has bought or promoted/developed from the youth academy. Yes rebuilds can be challenging, I'm not disputing that, but any rebuild he has to do will not be as bad as the one he had to do when he first joined. Also the first rebuild involved having to change the mentality and general foundation including hiring decent coaches and other backroom staff, with that out of the way any future rebuild should be less taxing.
I actually think it's harder to rebuild after your own team has stagnated compared to rebuilding a mess you inherit. Case in point Pochettino, Conte and even Klopp himself in his last job, one of the big ones is loyalty to players who have brought you success, he's less likely to be ruthless to Mane when his legs go compared to what he was with Benteke.

I'm not atall saying he can't do it, if he does manage to recycle one great team and create another then he'd be second to only Fergie in all time great managers.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Not sure if serious....

And by that I mean I can't tell if you're joking about being happy to just be good enough to get a result in your tie against us or if you're joking about the "keep beating them" part. You do know that in the two games he's managed against us, both at old trafford, he hasn't actually beaten us yet, right?
"The best managers should be in the Premier League" -> The best managers should manage the top6 clubs -> We are 9w 2d 2l in 15 games against the big six. the winning track record is established.

Not sure why you're so offended though, you were lucky to walk away with a point at OT both times we met.

Giggsyking

It has, however, been revealed by Krautzun – Klopp’s predecessor in a previous post at Mainz – that the 50-year-old once harboured ambitions of taking the reins at Old Trafford, rather than Anfield.

He told TheSetPieces on the Premier League aspirations of a man considered to be one of the finest bosses in the business: “It would be his dream to go to England one day and his favourite club would be [Manchester] United. That’s what he said.”

Krautzun also admits to having discussed the subject with Sir Alex Ferguson following the legendary Scot’s decision to step out of the United dugout and into a directorial role.

He added: “I said, ‘Jurgen Klopp, if he goes abroad, if he goes to England, his love would be Manchester United’.”

Ferguson was said to be an admirer of Klopp’s work at Dortmund, but he ultimately ended up at United’s arch-rivals as an opportunity on Merseyside presented itself before one in Manchester.

“After three or four months not working, I knew that he wanted to be in action again…when the offer came from Liverpool [that October], I knew he would not hesitate because he wanted to get into a top club in England,” said Krautzun.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
A really top manager would evolve a team and not let it go stagnant. I have a feeling Liverpool 2022 will not be the one we see now.