Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

montpelier

Oh, and we don't like him or Liverpool and we want to put a bit of stick about. That could be a factor as well.

elánius

I kind of understand him, definitely that part with players, part with him not taking charge of that game not so much.

He needs to be already angry after FA kicked his team out of MickeyMouse cup, they are playing a lot of games, they are representing english football all around the world and instead of some kind of understanding from FA or help with schedule issues, they just kick them in the nuts with decisions like this one. Look, here is winter break, we believe you need it, so please respect that and dont play any friendlies or stuff like that, and btw, we will put there some games from FA cup, because we can. This is beyond stupid from FA and he might be overreacting to prove his point. I actually believe that SAF would be able to do the same thing if he thought it is best for United or at least english football in general.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
It is more about Klopp being a hyge hypocrite and moaning about everything as soon as everything is not going your way. If he wants to ruin your chances to write history and play kids then he can do that. He has already tried with that against Everton so that is no news and people didn't bother about him playing with kids then. Do not understand why most Pool fans like it, but I guess lots of people do not rate the cups or just want to defend everything saint Klopp does. You have had insane luck with injuries, officials and got so much help from Premier league with the fixture list this season yet you he moan due to something caused by himself. I think not moving the league cup game was silly and I would defend you about that one. This replay though is the same for everyone and everyone knew about it.

Teams with far harder fixture lists have not moaned. Pep, Ole, Dean Smith etc and even Mourinho. In the past he has moanded about the wind and other crazy things after defeats. This was the first bad result apart from the Villa one for a long time for you guys. As soon as he gets one he starts to moan about external factors again.
The only thing he will not moan about is the officials since they help you most of the time.
Wait, what? That's a thing? If only we knew at some point in the last 30 years that this is even possible!

You missed out it being showboaty Klopp and LFC being whiteknights olde bollocks because they love the media talking about them - at least partly anyway. Anything that raises club profile is good, it's been part of strategy for some time now.
Well, he doesn't control what the media does. The media could have said "Ok whatever bro!" and glorified Shrewsbury (deservedly). But they chose not to. And they aren't even being creative about it. The story is "Yes, we agree with the fact that we must do something about fixture congestion, we agree with the U-23 team turning up in the replay, but we think Klopp should also be there and he's wrong about that plus it's disrespectful to Shrewsbury." As if Shrewsbury care and think that a potential win over Liverpool would only matter if it came against a superstar team with a superstar coach. If they beat Liverpool, their history books will say that they beat Liverpool at Anfield. That's all. There's nothing more to be said. Many Liverpool fans likely wish that this wasn't happening , but we also know that we should probably trust Klopp over our armchair opinions, so we've moved on. And this is hardly raising the club's profile. Yes the club is in the papers, but it's hardly a glowing story.

Some of your players need games? Some people think this is being conveniently ignored.
Some people including me. I agree, this is unfortunate and the only explanation that could make sense to me is that after that display at Shrewsbury, Klopp's probably realised that a well-drilled U-23 team with their usual manager could perform better than a disjointed bunch comprising some youngsters and some rusty senior players. That is also why there's no point in him just turning up to coach for a day and pretend to be interested like some posters suggested.

Klopp not bothering himself is a bit over theatrical perhaps.
This I completely agree with. At least the bit where he came out and said all this in the immediate aftermath of the match. Completely over the top. He/the club could have said all this a couple days later and still given the fans enough time to decide whether or not they wanted to attend the match. The press obviously loved the potential controversy and led with it.

Oh, and we don't like him or Liverpool and we want to put a bit of stick about. That could be a factor as well.
I prefer to trust in the honourable intentions of all posters! :D

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure if already mentioned but a post-Moyes Utd have won two FA cups with two managers in reasonably quick succession. Both fired from their jobs for not being good enough. At a club not considered top two worthy for at least a few years, barring one odd season.

This is the prestige of the FA cup.

Raw

Not sure if already mentioned but a post-Moyes Utd have won two FA cups with two managers in reasonably quick succession. Both fired from their jobs for not being good enough. At a club not considered top two worthy for at least a few years, barring one odd season.

This is the prestige of the FA cup.
We've only won 1 FA Cup post Fergie. Mourinho got to the final and lost.

Paul_Scholes18

Wait, what? That's a thing? If only we knew at some point in the last 30 years that this is even possible!
You have to play every 38 games of course. Although my point is them moving games to give you more rest over other teams.
That might be for tv, but it has still helped your side. You might still have beaten Wolves when they had minimal rest over christmas so they played the B team and you got one more day to rest.
Feels like PL has done that more for you than other teams before CL games too with friday games last season before Barcelona.

I remember having sunday PL games, tuesday cup games for our sides in the past. I guess it is just PL learning something about giving teams more fair times to rest regarding cup games.
Although they totally ignore to give teams rest over christmas apart from 2 teams. Your side and Sheffield U got extra rest over everyone else. City and Wolves with less rest than anyone else.

So when Klopp complains about his team getting less rest he should remember that he has got special treatment already with extra rest.

Gee Male

Well, he doesn't control what the media does. The media could have said "Ok whatever bro!" and glorified Shrewsbury (deservedly). But they chose not to. And they aren't even being creative about it. The story is "Yes, we agree with the fact that we must do something about fixture congestion, we agree with the U-23 team turning up in the replay, but we think Klopp should also be there and he's wrong about that plus it's disrespectful to Shrewsbury." As if Shrewsbury care and think that a potential win over Liverpool would only matter if it came against a superstar team with a superstar coach. If they beat Liverpool, their history books will say that they beat Liverpool at Anfield. That's all. There's nothing more to be said. Many Liverpool fans likely wish that this wasn't happening , but we also know that we should probably trust Klopp over our armchair opinions, so we've moved on. And this is hardly raising the club's profile. Yes the club is in the papers, but it's hardly a glowing story.

Some people including me. I agree, this is unfortunate and the only explanation that could make sense to me is that after that display at Shrewsbury, Klopp's probably realised that a well-drilled U-23 team with their usual manager could perform better than a disjointed bunch comprising some youngsters and some rusty senior players. That is also why there's no point in him just turning up to coach for a day and pretend to be interested like some posters suggested.

This I completely agree with. At least the bit where he came out and said all this in the immediate aftermath of the match. Completely over the top. He/the club could have said all this a couple days later and still given the fans enough time to decide whether or not they wanted to attend the match. The press obviously loved the potential controversy and led with it.

I prefer to trust in the honourable intentions of all posters! :D
You dont think Shrewsbury care?

The big part of getting a replay is that they get 45% of the gate at Anfield.

What do you think Klopp's stance will do to ticket sales?

Even if it's a sell out, how do you think Shrewsbury feel about tickets being £15?

They've been completely shafted here, your club are full of cnuts.

Paul_Scholes18

Even if it's a sell out, how do you think Shrewsbury feel about tickets being £15?

Liverpool should be kind enough to give them half the money from the next PL game instead. Never going to happen from a greedy club like them ;).
Our club is greedy too, but at least we sponsor a lot of clubs by paying extra when we buy players from them ;). Your club trick clubs like Bournemouth to buy thrash for insane sums of money.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
This is all a much ado about nothing. Besides, it's not the first time a manager has bitched about FA Cup replays.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...on-manchester-united-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup

"We talk about why managers for years and years have wanted a winter break and that's the very reason why you'd love to have one – to get rid of all the strains they [the players] carry right through December and January. But it's not to be, and the result is that the strains become injuries and the players miss games. That's the position we are in."

Paul_Scholes18

This is all a much ado about nothing. Besides, it's not the first time a manager has bitched about FA Cup replays.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...on-manchester-united-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup

"We talk about why managers for years and years have wanted a winter break and that's the very reason why you'd love to have one – to get rid of all the strains they [the players] carry right through December and January. But it's not to be, and the result is that the strains become injuries and the players miss games. That's the position we are in."
We won that game didn't we so no replay. That is how you avoid it! Unlike your side we played in the league cup too.

Gee Male

He did show up for the replay, right?

I mean, it is true that it is not the first time a team will play a weakened side in the FA Cup, but it will be the first time a manager will choose to do something else with his time than go to the game, right?

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool

I overlooked that! My bad. :nervous: Has a single journalist asked this question to Klopp directly? Honestly, I would like to know what he thinks about this angle? Surely this factor is more relevant than talking about some imagined respect for the FA cup?

Yes, no.

I mean, it is true that it is not the first time a team will play a weakened side in the FA Cup, but it will be the first time a manager will choose to do something else with his time than go to the game, right?
So that's where you draw the line? Weak team is fine, but the first team manager being absent is too much for you to take. Even though the players are going to be managed by the coach who knows them and their game the best? Just pretend Klopp's away getting another hair transplant and is recovering or something.

Our club is greedy too, but at least we sponsor a lot of clubs by paying extra when we buy players from them ;). Your club trick clubs like Bournemouth to buy thrash for insane sums of money.
Haha! Our Ed is better than your Ed! ;).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ferguson was obliged to be on the bench for that game. If he didn't it would have been a breach of contract, since he was supposed to work that week

Klopp is not supposed to be working that week! He's on holidays!

why is that so hard to understand?

Liverpool and by extension Klopp don't give a toss about the FA Cup and are using this unique, unprecedented situation to make it known, to make a point. Just like they did when given the option of rescheduling their league cup match against Villa, they choose not to because they'd rather send the u23 and lose then add an extra game in their January schedule

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

Did he have a choice ? Ferguson was one of those advocating a winter break & now we're finally in a position whereby clubs are getting one. Who's to say he wouldn't have acted the same way as Klopp under the same circumstances. After all, your club is no stranger to disrespecting the FA Cup.

Paul_Scholes18

So you've never played a weakened side ever in the domestic cups ?????
Of course. SAF rotated a lot. Often too much which did see us knocked out in the CL group stages too easily too.
Although he did always try to win and managed the side himself even for pointless league games after we had won the titles.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
The kids should have enough for Shrewsbury, but they didn't get the job done. So its not a safe bet. This isnt a fixture away to a top side, it just needs a sprinkling of senior players to make it safe. I cant understand why we won't even provide that.
The irony is that the kids + experienced pros played worse against League 1 Shrewsbury than the very young kids did vs Aston Villa first team/reserves. Sadly the scores didn't necessarily reflect that...

It depends which of the kids will play - even against Villa, if we had Curtis Jones, Neco Williams etc we'd have fared much better already scoreline wise.

I would like to see some of the fringe players or injured players coming back to form etc play against Shrewsbury but it is what it is...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Did he have a choice ? Ferguson was one of those advocating a winter break & now we're finally in a position whereby clubs are getting one. Who's to say he wouldn't have acted the same way as Klopp under the same circumstances. After all, your club is no stranger to disrespecting the FA Cup.
Absolute nonsense!

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Of course. SAF rotated a lot. Often too much which did see us knocked out in the CL group stages too easily too.
Although he did always try to win and managed the side himself even for pointless league games after we had won the titles.
@Josh 76 was on here the other day saying he didn't always try to win games...

Paul_Scholes18

Do they have wi fi on that tropical island far away from Liverpool?
Or is he just home in Germany or something like that ;).

Dan_F

Ferguson was obliged to be on the bench for that game. If he didn't it would have been a breach of contract, since he was supposed to work that week

Klopp is not supposed to be working that week! He's on holidays!

why is that so hard to understand?

Liverpool and by extension Klopp don't give a toss about the FA Cup and are using this unique, unprecedented situation to make it known, to make a point. Just like they did when given the option of rescheduling their league cup match against Villa, they choose not to because they'd rather send the u23 and lose then add an extra game in their January schedule
Bless. He’d have to go on his “holiday” a few days later. Surely the players aren’t off for the full two weeks. The first team might get a week off if they’re lucky. He could have just missed training for a few days into next week if he needs a week break so badly. Who knows how all other managers have coped with this before this season.

Plus the league is won. You could easily put out half a team in the cup and half a team in game against Norwich and everyone has 14 days off.

Paul_Scholes18

That is news to me haha. We did even win the games before CL finals when we had nothing to play for.
I guess against West Brom in his last game he just wanted to score goals rather than win ;). Go out with a record
for most goals or something like that. 5-5 was pretty close.

I have the honor of having watched the last defeat SAF got live against Chelsea. Phil Jones, Cleverley and Anderson starting in midfield.
Might look like not wanting to win. Persie started though. Mata ruined the day.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

Wanker.
Jurgen is a pioneer, a visionary of the beautiful game. A founding father of the Football hipster movement and now paving the path for this new wave of 'Laptop managers' that you see regularly looking at their screens in the dugouts these days. Incredible stuff.

Josh 76

PL game against Chelsea 2007-08. 3 days before the second leg against Barcelona in the CL semi final.
Fergie made 9 changes against his title rivals. We lost 2-1 and Chelsea closed the gap to a couple of points.
That was not trying to win a game. It was planning ahead. The gamble paid off. We won the CL and PL double that season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bless. He’d have to go on his “holiday” a few days later. Surely the players aren’t off for the full two weeks.
That is not the point. He absolutely could shorten his holidays to 5 days, sure. The point is he's under no obligation to do it

Again, he and by extent liverpool are making a point here. They're trying to force the FA's hands to reconsider their scheduling in the future

Dan_F

That is not the point. He absolutely could shorten his holidays to 5 days, sure. The point is he's under no obligation to do it

Again, he and by extent liverpool are making a point here. They're trying to force the FA's hands to reconsider their scheduling in the future
He doesn’t need to shorten it. I just said he can miss three days of training in the second week of the break, which would give the same number of days off. If he doesn’t want to and would rather risk going out of the cup then that’s his

He hasn’t come up with any credible way to counter it. The FA aren’t magicians, the fixture has to go somewhere. As far as I’m aware they can’t change FA Cup rules for another couple of years due to tv/sponsorship deals.

I still think Liverpool will go through anyway, which is why he’s making such a big deal of it.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
The kids should have enough for Shrewsbury, but they didn't get the job done. So its not a safe bet. This isnt a fixture away to a top side, it just needs a sprinkling of senior players to make it safe. I cant understand why we won't even provide that.
It shouldn't have come to this position imo. Liverpool should have sewn up the match vs shrewsbury without the point of it coming to a replay.

LeapOfFaith

Supports
Liverpool
Would love to know how Klopp is watching this game can't find any channels broadcasting it only radio 5.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
PL game against Chelsea 2007-08. 3 days before the second leg against Barcelona in the CL semi final.
Fergie made 9 changes against his title rivals. We lost 2-1 and Chelsea closed the gap to a couple of points.
That was not trying to win a game. It was planning ahead. The gamble paid off. We won the CL and PL double that season.
Great. Is there anything about Klopp’s season management that suggests he’s not planning effectively for the end if the season? LAst season Liverpool won the last 9 league games and the CL Final. He’s nailing this stuff. As we now approach a winter break he’s got a fit squad with very few injury worries.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn’t need to shorten it. I just said he can miss three days of training in the second week of the break, which would give the same number of days off. If he doesn’t want to and would rather risk going out of the cup then that’s his
He can't do that. See, he's actually supposed to work the following week. He can't just randomly decide when to take days off, he's not the owner or president of the company

He hasn’t come up with any credible way to counter it. The FA aren’t magicians, the fixture has to go somewhere. As far as I’m aware they can’t change FA Cup rules for another couple of years due to tv/sponsorship deals.
Not his job to come with credible ways to counter it.

He and Liverpool are trying to force the FAs hands. It's irrelevant whether they go through or not - they're making a show of devaluing the FA Cup and blaming it on scheduling in an effort to strong arm the FA(and the PL) into putting greater effort in ensuring a less taxing schedule on teams(parricularly top teams of course, who will usually have busier schedules) going forward

Dan_F

He can't do that. See, he's actually supposed to work the following week. He can't just randomly decide when to take days off, he's not the owner or president of the company

Not his job to come with credible ways to counter it.

He and Liverpool are trying to force the FAs hands. It's irrelevant whether they go through or not - they're making a show of devaluing the FA Cup and blaming it on scheduling in an effort to strong arm the FA(and the PL) into putting greater effort in ensuring a less taxing schedule on teams(parricularly top teams of course, who will usually have busier schedules) going forward
So you think his employers would rather him miss the FA cup game, instead of 3 days of training? You don’t think they would allow that if he asked. Stop pretending he’s a warehouse worker for Amazon, his employers will pretty much do whatever he asks.

It’s not his job to do that. But you must understand there’s literally nothing the FA can do.