Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
You would think that Liverpool wanted that record for point total, but it seems they dont really care that much about it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Contrasting interview he gave to BBC on their website, but the Sky one is being viral about for his rant. When you ask dumb inane questions like "at 0-0 did you have decent chances yourself?" coming from a guy who watches the match pitchside himself, that's enough to set off any manager who's just lost 4-0.
What’s wrong with that question? It’s hardly inflammatory?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I'm genuinely starting to feel sorry for Liverpool now :lol:. They smashed it for the first half of the season, all but guaranteed their first Prem title, and now it's all starting to look all Hamburger Hill. At it's best sporting competition is a grand fiction, but Liverpool got stuck them Game of Thrones twats.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The interview by klopp shows how much they really wanted to win this game yesterday.

They were simply outplayed by a better team and a better manager on the night.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I'm genuinely starting to feel sorry for Liverpool now :lol:. They smashed it for the first half of the season, all but guaranteed their first Prem title, and now it's all starting to look all Hamburger Hill. At it's best sporting competition is a grand fiction, but Liverpool got stuck them Game of Thrones twats.
Do not EVER let that kind of feeling cross your mind! :lol:

Berbasbullet

You would think that Liverpool wanted that record for point total, but it seems they dont really care that much about it.
To be honest, we have seen it at United a few times, right after winning the title the results do tend to fall off of a cliff, I’m not sure if it’s a motivation thing but it does happen.

Funny it’s happened to Liverpool though.

crossy1686

career ending
They’re performed freakishly over the last two years and stats suggest they should be no where near their current point tally.

I fancy them to have the worst title defence ever next year, with a 4th place finish. I think anyone they bring in will struggle to adapt and their other players just won’t be as hungry for it

Berbasbullet

They’re performed freakishly over the last two years and stats suggest they should be no where near their current point tally.

I fancy them to have the worst title defence ever next year, with a 4th place finish. I think anyone they bring in will struggle to adapt and their other players just won’t be as hungry for it
4th wouldn’t be the worst title defence ever....

jamesjimmybyrondean

Another Klopp breakdown :D

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Best PL champions? Laughable. Not invincibles, like Arsenal, not 100 points, like City.

Any self-respecting PL champion wouldn't have received a 4-0 belting, especially after a guard of honor.

Nothing would be worse than Moyes’ first season with us defending the title. I think Leicester were also pretty bad, but to be expected.

hopefully they do fall off of a cliff though. If they don’t invest this summer then we will all be catching up.

Josh 76

Best PL champions? Laughable. Not invincibles, like Arsenal, not 100 points, like City.

Any self-respecting PL champion wouldn't have received a 4-0 belting, especially after a guard of honor.
A lot of fuss being made of the guard of honour.
Just watched it. It was hilarious..
What a way to win your first league title in 30 years.
No fans.
Joke guard of honour
Proper beating
Klopp losing it.

Love it. Hahaha.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How different the season could have been if the reverse fixture in November had been refereed & VARd properly and City got the penalty they should have had for handball. Could have changed the momentum. Can see the xg table, Liverpool are nowhere near the level their points total and winning 26 out of 27 games would suggest. Shambles of a season really.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This game could have turned out so wildly differently if Salah had hit the goal instead of the post. What a delightful turn of events.

soccergirl

Supports
Italy national team
Welp, Dippers can stay home in August and watch the CL continue without. Don't forget, Simeone already kick your butt out of CL, you are NO longer a part of CL this year. So Dippers fans, please stop bragging that you are European champion. Champion what? Atletico already kick your butt out. Buh. bye.

And I totally enjoy City handle their butt last night 4-0.

Thisistheone

Shows how fitness is so important to them. A slight drop off and they look shite. Basically the media tried telling us a bunch of marathon runners are the best PL team ever.

Mike Smalling

That wasn't your first match after being confirmed as champions though.
First ever game.
That isn't really the point of the tweet though. He states that they have equalled the heaviest defeat of any PL champion, and that they did it in the first game possible. The first part simply isn't true. Maybe he only counts the remainder of the season, where they win and not the following season, though.

Falcow

5 losses in last 9 games.
Their form since the winter break has been bottom half of the table, 4 wins in last 10 with 5 defeats and no goals in last 5 away games :eek:.

Interesting drop off, hopefully it's a sign of a larger and more prolonged decline.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
A victory for football last night.

The beautiful game has no place for agricultural, hoofball bum-rushers, and certainly not when they are preposterously called the Greatest Team of All Time™.

El Zoido

That isn't really the point of the tweet though. He states that they have equalled the heaviest defeat of any PL champion, and that they did it in the first game possible. The first part simply isn't true. Maybe he only counts the remainder of the season, where they win and not the following season, though.
I read it as meaning the very next game after being crowned champions, but looking again I’m not sure.

Berbasbullet

I read it as meaning the very next game after being crowned champions, but looking again I’m not sure.
Yeah it could read either way, I read it as the first game after being champions.

KeanoMagicHat

Looks like they struggle to sustain a season, they've thrown the domestic cups to save energy as well. Since the winter break, they're W4 D1 L5. Scored 12, conceded 16. Give me trophies over points totals any day. Nobody ever says United's 91 point season of 99/00 is better than United's 79 point season of 98/99. The fact Liverpool went out of both domestic cups early then lost in the last 16 of the Champions League counts against this season being one of the greatest. If they fail to get 100 points after winning 26 of their first 27 games, then that will leave their season behind City, never mind United.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He‘s always a cnut when he loses. We just haven’t got much chances to see it the last 2 seasons
This. I don't dislike him as much as I disliked Rafa Benitez, but he's definitely a bit of a twat when they drop points. But his charm when they win seems to gloss over that for many.

Remember when they played us at OT where we had 4 injuries in the first half, forcing us to make 2 subs and then a 3rd sub, subbing off 1 of the subs, and Rashford played the full 90 with a limp. Yet he blamed United's injuries on his team's lack of momentum? That was wild. He should have been pulled up on why he couldn't punish a team that had fallen apart infront of them in the opening 30 minutes and played with 10 and a half men for nearly the whole game.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Welp, Dippers can stay home in August and watch the CL continue without. Don't forget, Simeone already kick your butt out of CL, you are NO longer a part of CL this year. So Dippers fans, please stop bragging that you are European champion. Champion what? Atletico already kick your butt out. Buh. bye.

Christinaa's sister joined the cafe

Glorio

You have a rather intense fascination with butts mate :)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some horrific posts in here full of knee jerk reactions (standard with football I guess).
Everyone predicted a drop off after we finished on 97 points last season.

Some of the excuses being made for why we won the league are almost RAWKish. We won because we were the best side this season. City lost to Norwich ffs and have as many losses as Arsenal.

What I will say is that in 2/3 years from now we will need a big rebuild. Players like Van Dijk, Salah, Mane etc will all be 30/31 and we’ll need to start again. That’s when we’ll hit a crossroad with Klopp.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Some horrific posts in here full of knee jerk reactions (standard with football I guess).
Everyone predicted a drop off after we finished on 97 points last season.

Some of the excuses being made for why we won the league are almost RAWKish. We won because we were the best side this season. City lost to Norwich ffs and have as many losses as Arsenal.

What I will say is that in 2/3 years from now we will need a big rebuild. Players like Van Dijk, Salah, Mane etc will all be 30/31 and we’ll need to start again. That’s when we’ll hit a crossroad with Klopp.
You’re hitting a cross road long before 3 years

Guy Incognito

He‘s always a cnut when he loses. We just haven’t got much chances to see it the last 2 seasons
yep. TBF to Klopp, i can't think of a great manager being magnanimous in defeat, all of them seem to have a snipe or get grumpy. and that usually makes for great TV. :lol: