Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Redlyn

His team had 1 weak attempt on target in 90 mins and it is our penalties that are at fault while we have only 1 more penalty than them this season :D
I am just happy that we are relevant again.
The more they have Man utd in their mouth the better we must be doing. Long may it continue.

He's played a blinder no matter how much of a knob it's made him look, everyone's talking penalties and not the fact his team look terribly average right now.
disagree. Everyone is laughing at Liverpool as a club. Look at the TAA thread. He’s not played a blinder, he’s cracking under pressure.

Judas

Open to offers
disagree. Everyone is laughing at Liverpool as a club. Look at the TAA thread. He’s not played a blinder, he’s cracking under pressure.
Aye on here. But the media focus is on penalties. Of course fanbases are reacting differently, I'm sure twitter is mocking him. Maybe I should have specified, but the focus isn't on their shite performances its on the penalty crap. But it'll probably take us winning at Anfield for certain sections of the media to focus on how poor they've been lately.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Same dentist as Brendan Rodgers' but he has no philosophy. What kind of philosophy is 'they have more penalty than us!'?

Mihai

They forgot to add a 0 to our number of penalties surely. No way Leicester got more penalties than us despite the bribery.
Ed's genius move. We bribe the refs but tell them to award more penalties to Leicester so people don't suspect us :smirk:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute. He’s saying we get favouritism by referees. Fed up with his antics when he loses, he takes sore losing to the extreme.
Agreed. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t fined. You don’t come out blatantly taking digs like that at a club AS WELL AS the FA.

His comments are trending on all major channels and I’m sure the FA has taken notice.
I know it's early and at the risk of jinxing injuries/suspensions etc but how do people feel the below team would fare against this lot?

De Gea
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
Fred Pogba
Rashford Bruno Martial
Cavani

If they still have to play the likes of Henderson and Fabinho in the centre of defence we really need to be going there and having a go at them.
This team must start but I’d swap Fred for McT. Fred can’t lose possession as much as he does in this game. It’ll most likely lead to us conceding a goal when we shouldn’t.

I might also bring on Cavani as a sub rather than start him considering he wouldn’t have played in the previous 3 games. But if he’s looking sharp in training then so be it. He’ll be a handful for pool’s makeshift defence no doubt.

GoldTrafford99

Slightly concerned about the gap between the Villa game and United. It’s 9 days and we normally struggle when we have big gaps like that. I’d almost rather have United’s schedule to keep the players sharp.

We always seem to respond badly to big breaks.

Agree with you, mate.

I was looking at the schedule last night and was thinking 'Ole won't be happy that the Burnley game was scheduled on the midweek of the Liverpool fixture', but having thought it through, it probably suits United better....

I still think United will run out of steam by season's end.. this Europa League and our seemless ability with ease to get to the last four of cups added to the fact that we rely on so much off-the-ball running and the fact that we didn't have a pre-season means I'd be hugely surprised if United kept up this level of intensity through till May.

Still, it all bodes well for the future... but it's way too early to be labelling United title chancers - IMO. Having said that, I expect them to go to Anfield and be the best team in a couple weeks. And probably still be in a tight mix at the top come late March.. then we'll start to see a pressured slump. And for our fans to start calling for Ole out again because of our poor end to the campaign. You can predict United fans with ease. Though your lot ain't much better; though only with a different delusion.

I feel with Liverpool fans, their team is always good enough. With United fans, it's the opposite. We are never good enough. I remember going into the 2007/08 season with a raft of United fans suggesting Fergie was losing it. And to my mind, that was the best season United have ever had in our entire history.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Retrospectively he should though, no?
He's probably just about avoided saying enough to charge him and even if he had it's Klopp, guy gets to scream at the officials and say daft stuff all the time.

Redcy

No way the chosen one is getting charged, the press and FA love him.

SAFMUTD

I love how he says "but no excuses" just after giving one.

I'm starting to dislike him big time, great manager but no class at all. When they lose he's his statements are laughable, its always somebody else's fault.

Tapori

It's testament to the progress we've made that he's saying this. Didn't say City. Klopp is a very very good manager and he's taken a leaf out of SAFs book for this.

If we win against Burnley, we can attack at Liverpool and it will be win-win as we are not expected to end their home record.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's testament to the progress we've made that he's saying this. Didn't say City. Klopp is a very very good manager and he's taken a leaf out of SAFs book for this.

If we win against Burnley, we can attack at Liverpool and it will be win-win as we are not expected to end their home record.
If we win vs Burnley, we'll be top of the league. Who else should be expected to end that record?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Agree with you, mate.

I was looking at the schedule last night and was thinking 'Ole won't be happy that the Burnley game was scheduled on the midweek of the Liverpool fixture', but having thought it through, it probably suits United better....

I still think United will run out of steam by season's end.. this Europa League and our seemless ability with ease to get to the last four of cups added to the fact that we rely on so much off-the-ball running and the fact that we didn't have a pre-season means I'd be hugely surprised if United kept up this level of intensity through till May.

Still, it all bodes well for the future... but it's way too early to be labelling United title chancers - IMO. Having said that, I expect them to go to Anfield and be the best team in a couple weeks. And probably still be in a tight mix at the top come late March.. then we'll start to see a pressured slump. And for our fans to start calling for Ole out again because of our poor end to the campaign. You can predict United fans with ease. Though your lot ain't much better; though only with a different delusion.

I feel with Liverpool fans, their team is always good enough. With United fans, it's the opposite. We are never good enough. I remember going into the 2007/08 season with a raft of United fans suggesting Fergie was losing it. And to my mind, that was the best season United have ever had in our entire history.
If Ole manages the players better this season (I felt he probably played some players too much after we came back from the first lockdown), we could easily put out 11 different players from the last game, against Watford, and still look reasonably strong. There is no reason why we can't rotate players for cup games and league.

We could play:-
Henderson.
TFM/Williams.
Lindelof.
Tuanzebe.
Telles/Williams.
Matic.
VDB.
Mata.
James/Lingard.
Greenwood.
Ighalo.

Depends on whether Williams, Lingard and James are going on loan this window, personally l think Williams is definitely going, and James is a possible. Lingard I think will be sold in the summer.

Could that be enough to beat Watford? Possibly, but you could have some big names on the bench just in case.

Last edited:

El Zoido

If Ole manages the players better this season (I felt he probably played some players too much after we came back from the first lockdown), we could easily put out 11 different players from the last game, against Watford, and still look reasonably strong. There is no reason why we can't rotate players for cup games and league.

Henderson.
TFM/Williams.
Lindelof.
Tuanzebe.
Telles/Williams.
Matic.
VDB.
Mata.
James/Lingard.
Greenwood.
Ighalo.

Depends on whether Williams, Lingard and James are going on loan this window, personally l think Williams is definitely going, and James is a possible. Lingard I think will be sold in the summer.

Could that be enough to beat Watford? Possibly, but you could have some big names on the bench just in case.
The problem is Man Utd can barely afford to draw a game, let alone lose one. Lose two in a row and serious discussions about sacking the manager begin. The fans absolutely demand trophies, so if he rotates the squad in cup games and we get dumped out, again, calls for his head. This is what I’ve been saying for years with regards to United, the fans demand too much, too soon. Ole knows this which is why he plays Bruno for 90 mins in almost every game. He can’t work with his squad with pressure like this, he can’t risk losing at all. He MUST play safe. Frankly I think what he’s achieved to this point is nothing short of miraculous.

dev1l

The problem is Man Utd can barely afford to draw a game, let alone lose one. Lose two in a row and serious discussions about sacking the manager begin. The fans absolutely demand trophies, so if he rotates the squad in cup games and we get dumped out, again, calls for his head. This is what I’ve been saying for years with regards to United, the fans demand too much, too soon. Ole knows this which is why he plays Bruno for 90 mins in almost every game. He can’t work with his squad with pressure like this, he can’t risk losing at all. He MUST play safe. Frankly I think what he’s achieved to this point is nothing short of miraculous.
Fully agree mate

VanGaalEra

Has United, spurs and City in his next 6. After limping through Fulham Southampton and Newcastle he's shitting himself.
And then Leicester and Everton immediately following this. Keep playing like this and there’s a cliff they’re going to fall off.

Baneofthegame

Henderson.
TFM/Williams.
Lindelof.
Tuanzebe.
Telles/Williams.
Matic.
VDB.
Mata.
James/Lingard.
Greenwood.
Ighalo.

Agreed or at the very least leave out Bruno/Maguire/Rashford/AWB for some rest.

Real Name

Skysports going with the line that Klopp may have had a point and counting penalties since Klopp took over...

eamosri

It would be fantastic to beat Liverpool 1-0 with a controversial penalty being the goal

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
But you see, that’s how the conspiracy works, they give United all the pens whenever they compete for the title, and Liverpool when they don’t.
Yeah cause we’ve been competing for loads of titles in the past 5 years :lol:

RuudTom83

Sky sports running a piece on this now...it might be good for the media to bring some attention to it as on most lists/criteria United are 2nd or 3rd...proving the current heresy is a load of rubbish.

Ludens the Red

What :lol:
Absolute car crash of a post. There was zero discontent for Ole by match day fans. Which are the ones to pay attention to in this case.
There has been very little talk on him being sacked by pundits over the last two years.
Pressure at United? No fecking shit mate.
“Achieved”?? “Miraculous”?? Honestly, what are you on pal?

justsomebloke

Pure shithousery. And Sky sports is just as bad with their ridiculous "does he have a point""? article.

justsomebloke

What :lol:
Absolute car crash of a post. There was zero discontent for Ole by match day fans. Which are the ones to pay attention to in this case.
There has been very little talk on him being sacked by pundits over the last two years.
Pressure at United? No fecking shit mate.
“Achieved”?? “Miraculous”?? Honestly, what are you on pal?
I find that quite hard to reconcile with reality. Not sure how you define match day fans these days, but there was certainly plenty of discontent on this board. And I would argue that OGS gets a very tough ride from the pundits, who generally seem to be operating on the assumption that he's an amateur. As long as we're winning they say nothing, as soon as we're losing it comes out immediately. As for talk about sacking, just try googling it.

Last edited: