Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

justsomebloke

Because he hasn't implied that, assuming the statement is correct, is due to bias. He is trying to come up for a reason - possibly due to him and his playing style. His comment is way too vague to imply bias.
I disagree, it isn't vague at all. On the contrary, it is very finely calibrated - his comment cannot be understood in any other way than that he is arguing that someone is at fault, and that the number of penalties given have no natural explanation. He just wraps that in a humble guise. And crucially, he does not apply those points to the number of penalties Liverpool has received, he applies it to the fact that United have received more penalties than Liverpool. How could he and his playing style possibly be the reason for the number of penalties United has received?

I'm in a line of work where we habitually have to deal with messaging that isn't necessarily straightforward, and it's not often I see a clearer example of a manipulative rethorical device than what we've got here.

I understand that he's unhappy after the Southampton game - in my view, Liverpool should have had two penalties. But that's got nothing to do with United.

Redcy

Because he hasn't implied that, assuming the statement is correct, is due to bias. He is trying to come up for a reason - possibly due to him and his playing style. His comment is way too vague to imply bias.
Bullshit of course thats what he is implying. Of course he won't come out and state it, he is a shithouse, not stupid. He knows exactly what he is doing, the fact that its all over the press and being questioned is what he wanted. He knows Liverpools defense is iffy, and he is going to have Martial, greenwood, Rashford and Bruno running at it. He is trying to influence referees, he is just a bit clever.

Shit house, moaning, whiny and reminds me of Wenger, "why can't all the other teams just come and lay down for us", "we have so many injuries", feck off..

Ludens the Red

If we Lose tonight come on here and read some of the comments in the Ole thread.

“ This is why Ole should be sacked “

“ He will never win us a trophy “
see below..... not denying it happens but to make out its effecting Ole and the team is laughable.

Welcome to the world of online football fans. I’ve said this so many times and others have too, this isn’t a ‘United fan’ thing. It’s the same with every club with online fans. There’s a large section who will always be over the top one way or the other. The mistake to make is to think anyone at the club is even paying attention to it or that it somehow matters or effects the team or reflects an entire fanbase.

MattyLT

What he said that it worked in the FA semi last year , he shouldn't have done that.
Nah, both comments are fine. It's not really a controversial insinuation (or at least it shouldn't be) that refs can be influenced by managers and the media adding pressure onto them. There was even a ref who flat out admitted that he chickened out of a decision because he was afraid of what they'd say about him on Match Of The Day (don't remember which, just read it in another thread on here). Once Klopp added pressure to the refs not to give United penalties, Ole did the right thing adding a bit of counter-pressure by pointing out what happened in the semis last season. Both statements are vague enough that they can't be understood beyond reasonable doubt as accusations of corruption. They can just as well be understood as something along the lines of: "Refs are human beings too". And those are the lines in the sand that smart managers make sure to stay within.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Say what you want but what Klopp has said will work and is working already. Sky are making a big deal of it now...

Every single ref, and VAR official, is going to have that element of doubt in the back of their mind now when it comes to us.

georgipep

I disagree, it isn't vague at all. On the contrary, it is very finely calibrated - his comment cannot be understood in any other way than that he is arguing that someone is at fault, and that the number of penalties given have no natural explanation. He just wraps that in a humble guise. And crucially, he does not apply those points to the number of penalties Liverpool has received, he applies it to the fact that United have received more penalties than Liverpool. How could he and his playing style possibly be the reason for the number of penalties United has received?

I'm in a line of work where we habitually have to deal with messaging that isn't necessarily straightforward, and it's not often I see a clearer example of a manipulative rethorical device than what we've got here.

I understand that he's unhappy after the Southampton game - in my view, Liverpool should have had two penalties. But that's got nothing to do with United.
Of course it is biased and directed at the officials for our direct clash. If it wasn't and Klopp's point as purely about the lack of penalties they are getting in relation to other teams, he would've talked about Leicester, Manchester City, Manchester United and Crystal Palace. All teams that had more penalties than Liverpool since he took over.

Going further, his words affect the officials for every game we have from now on because he specifically said that Manchester United receive more penalties than Liverpool. Not any other club.

And a quick look shows that:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's always interesting to see how these controversies snowball out of control to the point where everyone jumps on the bandwagon. To me, it always follows the same path where it starts with the commentators. They obviously love a good narrative, so when they can sense something brewing they latch onto it. Martin Tyler is the worst for this. He absolutely loves a good narrative and is like a dog with a bone when he gets going; just repeating it ad nauseam.

This then gets picked up by the journalists, which in turn fires up the social media mob, and then before you know it everyone is in on it even if they haven't really got a strong opinion on it. It's just ridiculous how this one has got so out of control. This could likely have an effect on referees (which is the main motivation of rival managers), and that's absurd, really. There's no controversy here, but it's been manufactured into one now.

Shimo

He should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute. He’s saying we get favouritism by referees. Fed up with his antics when he loses, he takes sore losing to the extreme.
Apparently soon after the comments, there was already something that came out that there would be no action from the FA for the comment. Even though most think it's an obvious attempt to influence the calls for them and against us

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of course it is biased and directed at the officials for our direct clash. If it wasn't and Klopp's point as purely about the lack of penalties they are getting in relation to other teams, he would've talked about Leicester, Manchester City, Manchester United and Crystal Palace. All teams that had more penalties than Liverpool since he took over.

Going further, his words affect the officials for every game we have from now on because he specifically said that Manchester United receive more penalties than Liverpool. Not any other club.

Well, well, well, even the clown's fachts are wrong then?

The Firestarter

Jurgen seems as good in arithmetic as I am in playing football. On the other hand, he said "me" and not Liverpool, so all we need to do is find out how many pens he was awarded personally.

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, if I was a ref and Klopp was trying to make a point about me being bad at my job, when VAR is there to support and prove I'm right. I'd 100% make sure United got a soft penalty against Liverpool next week.

matt23

Has this bloke ever managed to lose points without throwing a tantrum?

I've never seen a set of supporters and manager be so undeniably made for each other.

bsCallout

He learned from the Mourinho deflection tactics big time. Their loss isn't even being mentioned.

tomaldinho1

Would love for VAR to overrule and disallow a penalty decision for them and then we get a soft 50/50 to win it. I honestly think he might implode.

romufc

This cnut would’ve melted if he came up against Sir Alex.
I don't think he would be able to handle it. He's never been in a situation where there is mind games involved.

I reckon even Jose can have him in tears. You can see he is easily rattled.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He clearly says “maybe it’s my fault” lads.

So I am sure he will go back and look at his tactical approach to see why this is happening. Maybe fix the long balls and buy a striker with quick feet who can actually score goals.

Maybe long, diagonal balls in behind aren’t the best approach for getting penalties.

I am sure, as a good coach, he will study this and realize that it might actually be his fault.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Say what you want but what Klopp has said will work and is working already. Sky are making a big deal of it now...

Every single ref, and VAR official, is going to have that element of doubt in the back of their mind now when it comes to us.
11 penalties there between the two sides, all 11 obviously correct. I did have to mute the commentators after the Rashford penalty when they seemed to ignore the quite obvious kick to the shin of Rashford. Not sure if they bitched about any others, but I didn't want their opinions impacting my thoughts for any of the penalties.

It would be nice if some news sources would show all of that and go through all of them, coming to the obvious conclusion that all penalties that are given are correct. Whether either or both teams should be getting others that aren't being given is a separate argument and I'd like to see footage of any other strong claims both teams have had. I saw the Mane incident that some are complaining about from the last game and didn't think it was a penalty, but that was only from a shitty quality clip from one angle so a better one might show there was more in it. We obviously had the Mings elbow to Pogba's face that should have been a penalty as well.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
11 penalties there between the two sides, all 11 obviously correct. I did have to mute the commentators after the Rashford penalty when they seemed to ignore the quite obvious kick to the shin of Rashford. Not sure if they bitched about any others, but I didn't want their opinions impacting my thoughts for any of the penalties.

It would be nice if some news sources would show all of that and go through all of them, coming to the obvious conclusion that all penalties that are given are correct. Whether either or both teams should be getting others that aren't being given is a separate argument and I'd like to see footage of any other strong claims both teams have had. I saw the Mane incident that some are complaining about from the last game and didn't think it was a penalty, but that was only from a shitty quality clip from one angle so a better one might show there was more in it. We obviously had the Mings elbow to Pogba's face that should have been a penalty as well.
I don't think all 11 were correct.

1 dodgy penalty each, in my opinion. The first penalty for Liverpool against Leeds is nonsense, so much so that rule has basically been changed mid-season to allow that now. And Rashford against Newcastle looked very soft to me.

Crustanoid

The Wolves boss just got a massive fine for questioning Lee Mason.

Klopp has questioned the integrity of multiple referees and the structure of the English game with his comments.

By rights he needs a massive fine and a very long ban from English football

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Well done Ole.
Great reply and also including Frank and Jose in the mix with Klopp ! :D

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't think all 11 were correct.

1 dodgy penalty each, in my opinion. The first penalty for Liverpool against Leeds is nonsense, so much so that rule has basically been changed mid-season to allow that now. And Rashford against Newcastle looked very soft to me.
Liverpool's was definitely a penalty at the time, and personally I'd be ok with that still being given now. His arm is just that bit too far out from his body for me, in a position where if the ball hits his hand it's his own fault. I don't think it fits in with some of the other truly ridiculous ones that were given at the beginning of the season.

Rashford obviously made the most of it (no different than Mane did in one of the others if I remember correctly) but ultimately he knocked the ball around the defender and then copped studs up into his shin. It wasn't a strong challenge but it was enough to be a foul. The fact that he wouldn't have regained the ball because another defender would have got it first doesn't matter.

But I guess it comes down to opinions. I could understand both not being given, but I do think they all are penalties.

SirAnderson

Where are you during muppet transfer season!! Would love a write up next time pleaseeeeee!!

Bjerring

Would be nice if we get a penalty at Anfield.
Let alone a late penalty!

I would love that they were awarded a penalty, just for De Gea to save it, but I get that is unlikely. Of course the unlikely part being them getting a penalty.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If he has any sense, he wouldn’t send out Alexander-Arnold to be mauled by Grealish for 90 minutes before he faces Rashford the week after. The fecker’s confidence is shot enough as it is, the next two fixtures could permanently kill it.

Here’s hoping, however... :drool:
Why would Champions League and Premier League winning Alexander-Arnold’s confidence be killed if he has a couple more poor games? 22 year old Alexander-Arnold has achieved more than 23 year old Rashford and 25 year old Grealish in his career.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Why would Champions League and Premier League winning Alexander-Arnold’s confidence be killed if he has a couple more poor games? 22 year old Alexander-Arnold has achieved more than 23 year old Rashford and 25 year old Grealish in his career.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

United58

I hate Liverpool, but @Klopper76 isn't wrong; TAA has a CL and a title*; Rashford has an FA Cup, League Cup and a Europa League medal, Grealish has a big contract at Aston Villa. TAA atm has achieved much more in their playing careers - though hopefully Rashford will add to his cabinet!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed, that was an awful post.
Why? It's a valid point isn't it? Players have dips in form all the time. I've seen numerous threads on here over the years complaining about Rashford when he has a drop in form.

I actually had to double check Grealish's age. I thought he was younger than that.