Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Why? It's a valid point isn't it? Players have dips in form all the time. I've seen numerous threads on here over the years complaining about Rashford when he has a drop in form.

I actually had to double check Grealish's age. I thought he was younger than that.
If Rashford and Grealish played for Liverpool the last 3 years, then they'd have those trophies. If TAA played for Aston Villa, he'd have none.

justsomebloke

If Rashford and Grealish played for Liverpool the last 3 years, then they'd have those trophies. If TAA played for Aston Villa, he'd have none.
Sorry, doesn't work that way. Just ask yourself how you' respond if someone had argued in 2009 that Steven Gerrard had achieved as much as Wayne Rooney. The title count would've come out immediately. Then ask yourself how you'd respond if the other party had then argued that if Gerrard had played for United he'd have the titles, and if Rooney played for Liverpool he'd have none and they'd still be the same players. Not on.

Quite right too. You could just as well argue that Liverpool has the title because they have those players, as that the players have the title because they played for Liverpool.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Sorry, doesn't work that way. Just ask yourself how you' respond if someone had argued in 2009 that Steven Gerrard had achieved as much as Wayne Rooney. The title count would've come out immediately. Then ask yourself how you'd respond if the other party had then argued that if Gerrard had played for United he'd have the titles, and if Rooney played for Liverpool he'd have none and they'd still be the same players. Not on.

Quite right too. You could just as well argue that Liverpool has the title because they have those players, as that the players have the title because they played for Liverpool.
That wasn’t the original point though. The poster said that TAA shouldn’t play against Grealish and Rashford as he looks short on confidence. There was no mention of them bringing their Europa League or Play Off Winner medals with them. Klopper brought that (and strangely their ages) into the mix.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That wasn’t the original point though. The poster said that TAA shouldn’t play against Grealish and Rashford as he looks short on confidence. There was no mention of them bringing their Europa League or Play Off Winner medals with them. Klopper brought that (and strangely their ages) into the mix.
And this wasn't the original point either. Klopper brought age and medals into it to actually answer the original point. Which he did. But, as usual on here, some posters went about on some wild goose chase so no one could remember what the original point of the discussion was.

On that note, I'm headed back into the Trump thread. :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why would Champions League and Premier League winning Alexander-Arnold’s confidence be killed if he has a couple more poor games? 22 year old Alexander-Arnold has achieved more than 23 year old Rashford and 25 year old Grealish in his career.
TAA has won more league titles than Stevie G and the same amount of champions leagues.

It's pure circumstance. It doesn't mean he's an amazing player just based on what he's won.
Just look at your cast of other Euro cup winners from 2005 for goodness sake!

Spaghetti

Mom's
And this wasn't the original point either. Klopper brought age and medals into it to actually answer the original point. Which he did. But, as usual on here, some posters went about on some wild goose chase so no one could remember what the original point of the discussion was.

On that note, I'm headed back into the Trump thread. :)
Admittedly, I only started on p682 out of 682. But it seemed that Klopper replied to “Klopp shouldn’t play TAA on his current form against Grealish and then Rashford because it could ruin him” with “TAA is 22, Rashford is 23 and Grealish is 25, but TAA has won slightly more”.

It seemed an odd reply. Maybe I should have read more before sticking my beak in.

Posh Red

I’ve just heard a recording of him on the radio moaning about being held to a different standard to other clubs/teams trying harder against Liverpool this season

Traub

I’ve just heard a recording of him on the radio moaning about being held to a different standard to other clubs/teams trying harder against Liverpool this season
It’s almost as if when you’re champions, teams want to prove themselves against you. Who would’ve thought! That together with less motivation to win again is what makes it so difficult to retain the league.

SuperiorXI

It’s almost as if when you’re champions, teams want to prove themselves against you. Who would’ve thought! That together with less motivation to win again is what makes it so difficult to retain the league.
We used to get it year after year under Fergie, it's a by-product of winning. He's such a salty bastard.

Fluctuation0161

Welcome to the world of online football fans. I’ve said this so many times and others have too, this isn’t a ‘United fan’ thing. It’s the same with every club with online fans. There’s a large section who will always be over the top one way or the other. The mistake to make is to think anyone at the club is even paying attention to it or that it somehow matters or effects the team or reflects an entire fanbase.
United have a much larger fanbase though, so the point about it being a small proportion of every fan base still translates to high numbers!

Without a doubt media coverage and relentless negativity from fans on social media getting picked up does effect individual players, managers, chairmen/ women and by proxy, football clubs. Why do you think managers try to protect young players from the media? Many players have had to speak out about online abuse, some even delete their accounts. Modern players are even more susceptible to social media. Added to that, mainstream media picks up on constant criticism from fans and it sets the media narrative, "Ole under pressure". This in turn changes the questions asked to players and managers in press conferences and post match interviews.

In short, it is a mistake to think that media coverage has no impact on the club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, because expectations and pressures are high only for Liverpool.

Denis' cuff

We used to get it year after year under Fergie, it's a by-product of winning. He's such a salty bastard.
we still do

[/QUOTE]

no wonder he allegedly shied away from managing United

Jarman

You do have to feel sorry for him, it Wasn’t really fair of Villa to play a mixture of under 23’s and 18’s. His second biggest challenge surely must have been when we had 4 injuries in the first half, how could he be expected to cope with that.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said he did not know how to prepare against Villa after finding out about their predicament on Thursday.

"It was a tricky one," said the German. "I have never had this kind of challenge in my life, when you have no idea who you are playing. All our preparations for the game went in the bin and we had to start again."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You do have to feel sorry for him, it Wasn’t really fair of Villa to play a mixture of under 23’s and 18’s. His second biggest challenge surely must have been when we had 4 injuries in the first half, how could he be expected to cope with that.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said he did not know how to prepare against Villa after finding out about their predicament on Thursday.

"It was a tricky one," said the German. "I have never had this kind of challenge in my life, when you have no idea who you are playing. All our preparations for the game went in the bin and we had to start again."
Did he really say that? He is deluded, Christ.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is a guy who blamed us getting 4 injuries in a game against them last year as disrupting their flow!
"Oh it was so hard playing a bunch of kids. That's why i for the first time ever in this cup early on, didn't play my own kids" type nonsense yesterday.

Varun

Staff

:lol:

He's an utter bellend

Pep's Suit

This guy used his first XI against Villa's 18 years olds? Wow! Genuinely wonder how insecure he really is. :lol:

Crustanoid

He’s gone down the path of Rafa, KKK et al before him. ‘Scouseitis’ will only end up one way and that will involve a labotomy

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This guy used his first XI against Villa's 18 years olds? Wow! Genuinely wonder how insecure he really is. :lol:
:lol: He was planning on playing his own 18 years old, but when Villa had to change their lineup poor Klopp couldn't prepare so he had to play his first XL.

LDUred

This is the best news we have had in ages. We're starting to get under their skin.

Should give our lads a boost and I hope that Ole exploits this to the max. Fergie would be beaming from ear-to-ear if he heard Liverpool moaning about us getting penalties.

They have made a few suspect moves in the transfer market and now there are some genuine signs of cracks starting to appear.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This is the best news we have had in ages. We're starting to get under their skin.

Should give our lads a boost and I hope that Ole exploits this to the max. Fergie would be beaming from ear-to-ear if he heard Liverpool moaning about us getting penalties.

They have made a few suspect moves in the transfer market and now there are some genuine signs of cracks starting to appear.
They're cracking but not yet broken. There is still work to be done.

Only after we beat them at Anfield next week courtesy of a 98th minute penalty that should never have been awarded, in a game they dominated from start to finish, will Klopp and his RAWK cultists break completely.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: He was planning on playing his own 18 years old, but when Villa had to change their lineup poor Klopp couldn't prepare so he had to play his first XL.
:lol: the guy is pathetic. I stand by Liverpool buying the league, even if they didn't spend as much as other clubs to do it. Let's see him start bringing a scouse spine through, or more academy products. I doubt it'll ever happen. They don't have the balls to take any kind of risk. Admittedly they're running on what little momentum they have left at the moment.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

What suspect moves in the transfer market?

I get that people don’t like him and he comes out with some BS when we lose, but we’re sitting top of the Premier League as reigning champions. You’re all talking like we’re in 10th.
:lol: the guy is pathetic. I stand by Liverpool buying the league, even if they didn't spend as much as other clubs to do it. Let's see him start bringing a scouse spine through, or more academy products. I doubt it'll ever happen. They don't have the balls to take any kind of risk. Admittedly they're running on what little momentum they have left at the moment.
Why would any manager at a big club do that in modern football? United don’t have a Manchester spine to the team.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, if a team consistently - over a period of time - get more penalties than anyone else, that normally indicates that said team have managed to get into dangerous positions frequently.

Normally.

There are two other possible takes:

A) It's all pure coincidence. The team haven't been dangerous going forward at all - but have somehow managed to capitalize in the extreme on the relatively few, statistically speaking, instances where they found themselves inside the box.

or

B) Refs are corrupt, innit? In other words, the old argument deluded Scouse fans used to favour back when United were top dogs. Harder to argue this in the VAR era, though - but I'm sure it's possible to find ways.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We have plenty of local and academy players on the go. Where’s your academy players pushing through?
You have Rashford and Greenwood who’ve nailed a place as regular starters. We have Alexander-Arnold and Curtis Jones (arguably due to injuries).

The rest of your academy players you've brought through have been fringe players or found to be not good enough. You had that young LB recently who has now been replaced by Telles as a recent example.

cyberman

You have Rashford and Greenwood who’ve nailed a place as regular starters. We have Alexander-Arnold and Curtis Jones (arguably due to injuries).

The rest of your academy players you've brought through have been fringe players or found to be not good enough. You had that young LB recently who has now been replaced by Telles as a recent example.
Pogba came through the academy. Scott as well. Tuanzebe is the next one after that. Dean Henderson after that still

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Are you forgetting Pogba and McTominay? The latter being pretty local and not a fringe player. Williams has had plenty of game time, Henderson getting game time, Tuanzebe playing a bit.

Whether they’re found to not be good enough doesn’t really matter. They’re getting chances to break through.

You’ve tried to make out we’re on par here, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Pogba came through the academy. Scott as well. Tuanzebe is the next one after that. Dean Henderson after that still
Are you forgetting Pogba and McTominay? The latter being pretty local and not a fringe player. Williams has had plenty of game time, Henderson getting game time, Tuanzebe playing a bit.

Whether they’re found to not be good enough doesn’t really matter. They’re getting chances to break through.

You’ve tried to make out we’re on par here, which couldn’t be further from the truth.
You’re not having Pogba. You had to re-sign him for bucket loads. Henderson and Tuanzebe aren’t regular starters. It’s like me using Neco Williams. McTominay fine but the original point was about a scouse spine.

If we’re talking about academy players coming through and becoming regular starters for a competitive side then I don’t see the difference between United and most other clubs.

Your best XI is mostly made up of expensive signings just like ours is:

De Gea; Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly/Lindelof, Shaw/Telles; Fred, McTominay, Pogba; Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.

McTominay and Rashford are the only two you didn’t have to spend money on.