Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

bringbackbebe

I think most of you are letting your Liverpool hatred blind you. Pool will easily finish top 4 and will challenge for the league again. They have lost Mane who was of course their joint best attacker along with Salah but Luis Diaz looks insanely good and could be a worthy replacement.

Not to mention they have probably the best attacker in the league in Salah then VDB, Trent, Allison, Robertson, Thiago, Jota, Firminio and they have more squad depth than last year etc. The squad oozes class. Even though it does still have the same weaknesses as before it's still a top 3 team. I'm more interested in how city do as they have more players to integrate into their first team which is usually a slow process due to pep's style/systems. Losing players like Sterling, Jesus etc and having a new number 9 who's not used to such a system, I think we might see a slower start to the season from city than pool for sure.
VDB was bad for us last season but not to the extent he can be counted as a Liverpool player...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
One premier league title and over the last decade United have finished above Liverpool 5 times so during the worst of our recent decades we are level with this all time great Liverpool team premier league wise.
Good luck in today's crunch game. Obviously, I always want you to lose but today I hope it's another comfortable scoreline for you lot.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Oh feck! Melbourne are not following the script! Stop fecking exposing Maguire and non-press-McFred. :mad:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
All the big outlets have it at £85m.

Absolutely phenomenal amount of money for potential really, I’m sure you’ll agree?
That's probably with all the add ons included which haven't been paid yet.

You paid 75 million for Sancho at age 21. Surely that's also paying a lot for potential? I thought young players who've just had a very good season would normally get larger fees paid for them if they make a move.

Anyway Nunez hasn't kicked a ball for us competitively yet. We'll see how he gets on when the season starts.
You managed it with Henderson.
Do you think you can win a title with McTominay playing as much as Henderson does for us? I expect him to be eased out by ETH once De Jong signs. Henderson's been a crucial part of a side that has won a title, a European Cup, an FA Cup in the last four seasons.

I mean you do all spend a lot of time moaning about McTominay.
One premier league title and over the last decade United have finished above Liverpool 5 times so during the worst of our recent decades we are level with this all time great Liverpool team premier league wise.
Right but again, that title was won because you went out and got Van Persie who then went on to score a load of goals and win player of the year in 2013. It wasn't because of your youth set up. Since then you've brought in plenty of players from the academy which is admirable but it hasn't got you very far, or at least not where you want to be.

cyberman

That's probably with all the add ons included which haven't been paid yet.

You paid 75 million for Sancho at age 21. Surely that's also paying a lot for potential? I thought young players who've just had a very good season would normally get larger fees paid for them if they make a move.

Anyway Nunez hasn't kicked a ball for us competitively yet. We'll see how he gets on when the season starts.

Do you think you can win a title with McTominay playing as much as Henderson does for us? I expect him to be eased out by ETH once De Jong signs. Henderson's been a crucial part of a side that has won a title, a European Cup, an FA Cup in the last four seasons.

Right but again, that title was won because you went out and got Van Persie who then went on to score a load of goals and win player of the year in 2013. It wasn't because of your youth set up. Since then you've brought in plenty of players from the academy which is admirable but it hasn't got you very far, or at least not where you want to be.
Had a curiousity check, Sancho has score more goals and is younger than Nunez and Nunez is supposed to be this deadly number 9.
It’s a huge, huge risk.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Had a curiousity check, Sancho has score more goals and is younger than Nunez and Nunez is supposed to be this deadly number 9.
It’s a huge, huge risk.
By a year. They're both young players with potential to grow.

cyberman

By a year. They're both young players with potential to grow.
But Sancho isn’t really considered a goal scorer yet here we are with that stat. Sancho has a season in hand too!
I’ve said it on another thread we don’t know what kind of player Nunez is because he has played so few games by 23.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
But Sancho isn’t really considered a goal scorer yet here we are with that stat. Sancho has a season in hand too!
I’ve said it on another thread we don’t know what kind of player Nunez is because he has played so few games by 23.
They're still both young players who were signed for large fees following impressive seasons. Nunez scored 34 in 41 for Benfica last year. It's not like we signed him based off of nothing.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I rest my case. If Henderson can do it, then so can McT.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
They're still both young players who were signed for large fees following impressive seasons. Nunez scored 34 in 41 for Benfica last year. It's not like we signed him based off of nothing.
Comparing Sancho to Nunez is silly even though Sancho had a poor last season.

His last three seasons for Dortmund were top notch at a younger age at a far higher level.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I rest my case. If Henderson can do it, then so can McT.
You better not be in the McTominay thread complaining about him later in the season.
Comparing Sancho to Nunez is silly even though Sancho had a poor last season.

His last three seasons for Dortmund were top notch at a younger age at a far higher level.
But my overall point still stands. Clubs can still get charged high fees by selling clubs for young players with potential and a good season or two behind them.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You better not be in the McTominay thread complaining about him later in the season.

But my overall point still stands. Clubs can still get charged high fees by selling clubs for young players with potential and a good season or two behind them.
It can, Sancho is just a terrible example for it. A player who had such seasons would always cost that money, regardless of age (unless extremely old).

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Not gonna lie ... I turn on the CL Final highlights from time to time just to enjoy the look on Salah and Klopp's faces at the final whistle. That look in their eyes, them thinking "How did this happen again? We Gegenpress. We favorites. We Liverpool. Madrid were in a transition. How did we lose to THAT side?"

TheReligion

Abusive
Not gonna lie ... I turn on the CL Final highlights from time to time just to enjoy the look on Salah and Klopp's faces at the final whistle. That look in their eyes, them thinking "How did this happen again? We Gegenpress. We favorites. We Liverpool. Madrid were in a transition. How did we lose to THAT side?"
cold :lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I do that too. And each time I have the exact same look. Like it's just a bad dream, surely can't be reality. Not with THAT Madrid side.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Henderson gets undeserved flak. I have a Liverpool friend who used to rage at him during the pre-Klopp years for his supposedly sideway passing and general lack of attacking impact. I used to actually defend Henderson and saying that's what he's meant to be doing while the actual attacking players have to do their jobs. Not everyone should be playing centre midfield like Steven Gerrard or Paul Pogba, racking up individual highlight reels while being part of a dysfunctional midfield.

I still hold up hope for McTominay. Maybe ETH can get him to play a role suited to himself that's beneficial to the team. That being said, I won't be sad if he's replaced.

Loon

:lol:
I really hope some of you are right and the wheels do come off the dippers (again), but I think the old dead-eyed Shipman will get them purring again.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. Don’t think they will make top 3. Mane made that team play. Nunez the new Forlan.
This simply isn't true. Mane's clearly a better player than Nunez is right now. I don't think anyone can argue otherwise. To imply that Mane was the key component of this side is ridiculous though. He had a long run leading up to AFCON where he was playing terribly and failed to score or assist for around 10 league games. He had a very good run at the end of the season and is very good in the big games, but he had his dips in form just like everyone else.

Mane was also an ever-present during that terrible run of form in the 2020-21 season. He was terrible at times during that season.

We'll miss him for sure but you're massively overstating his importance to the team.

Chief123

I wonder if Liverpool will refund all the fans due to Klopp’s negligence in telling everyone to book tickets for Istanbul final this year.

He’s coming across more n more rattled and nervous at defending his 100m signing. It’s like it’s dawned upon him in training what he’s going to be working with.

OpenIntrovert

Do not use their results in pre-season to give you any hope. I remember that their 19/20 pre-season had far worse results and you know what happened next. Pre-season is about building match fitness and Klopp's style takes longer as compared to other teams.