Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This prick needs to worry about his own crap. 1 league title in 7 years and he thinks he’s invented football!
One thing he should certainly pipe down about is a how many fans measuring competition with us.
Try it on against City or someone else maybe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh they're so obsessed with us....we say on a thread talking about them :drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
One thing he should certainly pipe down about is a how many fans measuring competition with us.
Try it on against City or someone else maybe.
If was a strange comment.

The stadium seemed pretty full of United fans today and the noise for the 4 goals didn’t suggest otherwise.

Obviously Liverpool couldn’t get a goal, even with Telles playing at centre half, so we’ll never fully know..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The stadium seemed pretty full of United fans today and the noise for the 4 goals didn’t suggest otherwise.

Obviously Liverpool couldn’t get a goal, even with Telles playing at centre half, so we’ll never fully know..
It shows the absolute bonkers nature of friendlies doesn't it.

They have their top boys out for the last half hour. We have the Europa dead rubber crew out, like Savage and Iqbal and still don't concede?

I think I remember a friendly a few years ago we lost heavily because the opposition had been back in training longer than us.

TheReligion

Abusive

They have their top boys out for the last half hour. We have the Europa dead rubber crew out, like Savage and Iqbal and still don't concede?

I think I remember a friendly a few years ago we lost heavily because the opposition had been back in training longer than us.
Agreed. Little things can make all the difference.

That said Ten Hag has only been here a few weeks so thought that was promising.

Add the new signings and we should be a lot better this season in all areas.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Given that when our players got fouled there were audible boos and when their's got fouled there weren't any is a better indicator imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed. Little things can make all the difference.

That said Ten Hag has only been here a few weeks so thought that was promising.

Add the new signings and we should be a lot better this season in all areas.
A manager with a vague idea on tactics, and effective modern ones at that.
The tiny likelihood that so many players can play so far off their top level again.
New signings.
It looks a lot brighter than it has for a while. Since last pre season in fairness!

TheReligion

Abusive
A manager with a vague idea on tactics, and effective modern ones at that.
The tiny likelihood that so many players can play so far off their top level again.
New signings.
It looks a lot brighter than it has for a while. Since last pre season in fairness!
I don’t know. I think we all knew Ole had done what he could do last summer and should have gone. This feels different. Whole new coaching set up, fresh ideas and a manager that will command respect.

I’m going to temper my expectations but equally feel positive we will be back on track.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t know. I think we all knew Ole had done what he could do last summer and should have gone. This feels different. Whole new coaching set up, fresh ideas and a manager that will command respect.

I’m going to temper my expectations but equally feel positive we will be back on track.
I'll always start a season positive until the evidence says differently,.
But as long as bed a system in, and then identify the right players for that system, that's all we ask.
Sounds so simple to say that doesn't it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

That goes completely against the narrative I saw from a lot of United fans last season. After Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo were signed a lot of you thought you'd end up above us competing for the league. You thought you were going to compete last season and then it all fell apart early on.

TheReligion

Abusive
That goes completely against the narrative I saw from a lot of United fans last season. After Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo were signed a lot of you thought you'd end up above us competing for the league. You thought you were going to compete last season and then it all fell apart early on.
Perhaps so

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Also, 20/21 heralded the end of ‘good’ Liverpool.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Perhaps so
I mean I understood why that was the feeling. The signings on paper added to a team that finished 2nd in the previous season should've given encouragement. Football doesn't always work out like that though and I think Ole was out of his depth.

ETH looks a bit more clued in tactically and with his approach. You really want to see that style of play on the pitch more than anything else. If you can see what the manager is trying to do and those ideas starting to take shape on the pitch, then that's always promising. Klopp did that pretty early on at Liverpool so it was easier for fans to get behind him, even when we had set backs.

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean I understood why that was the feeling. The signings on paper added to a team that finished 2nd in the previous season should've given encouragement. Football doesn't always work out like that though and I think Ole was out of his depth.

ETH looks a bit more clued in tactically and with his approach. You really want to see that style of play on the pitch more than anything else. If you can see what the manager is trying to do and those ideas starting to take shape on the pitch, then that's always promising. Klopp did that pretty early on at Liverpool so it was easier for fans to get behind him, even when we had set backs.
Think the signings will show they were good. Expect both Sancho and Varane to kick on this season.

Its not just EtH, its having his men in, Van der Gaag and McClaren, along with all the other changes, which makes this very different.

Eriksen and the likely signing of De Jong will transform us too. Exciting times at United.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Think the signings will show they were good. Expect both Sancho and Varane to kick on this season.

Its not just EtH, its having his men in, Van der Gaag and McClaren, along with all the other changes, which makes this very different.

Eriksen and the likely signing of De Jong will transform us too. Exciting times at United.
You have to stay patient imo. I don't expect United to get top four this season personally (maybe you sneak in if Chelsea have a stinker), but it's more about ETH transforming the club and implementing a way of playing throughout (not just the starting XI). Guardiola and Klopp both did that early on and were able to build around that.

The Europa League might be a good option for getting CL football. Both Arsenal and United should be looking at taking that seriously.

TheReligion

Abusive
You have to stay patient imo. I don't expect United to get top four this season personally (maybe you sneak in if Chelsea have a stinker), but it's more about ETH transforming the club and implementing a way of playing throughout (not just the starting XI). Guardiola and Klopp both did that early on and were able to build around that.

The Europa League might be a good option for getting CL football. Both Arsenal and United should be looking at taking that seriously.
I think most normal fans will be patient tbh.

I’m pretty sure we will take all the cups seriously too, much like Klopp did/does.

ShinjiNinja26

Maybe that horrendous kit we were wearing. Looks like someone put a multi colored shirt in with the whites whilst doing the laundry.
Up close and it looks more like a tv suffering from interference with wavy lines all over the shop. Is that your away or 3rd kit? I can’t say much Utd have had some absolute hideous monstrosities in recent years.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Up close and it looks more like a tv suffering from interference with wavy lines all over the shop. Is that your away or 3rd kit? I can’t say much Utd have had some absolute hideous monstrosities in recent years.
I think it's our 2nd kit. The third one is a dark blue I think but I haven't seen it yet. I was hoping Nike would be a bit better than Warrior and New Balance.

Becks00

Expecting Liverpool to be a lot closer to fourth than City this time around
I have this feeling too, just don't think there would be enough goals in their team this season. Nunez might turn out very good though.

Member 101269

"Was it like this for united!" i'm looking forward to hearing klopps post-match interview.

Edited: just watched Klopps post-match interview. his smile has gone. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinjiNinja26

I think it's our 2nd kit. The third one is a dark blue I think but I haven't seen it yet. I was hoping Nike would be a bit better than Warrior and New Balance.
Warrior was the absolute worst. I remember some of those kits they made you.:lol:

Nike is usually pretty good overall, I thought when we changed from Nike to Adidas the kits would’ve gotten a lot better but bar a couple it’s not really worked out like that.

cyberman

I have this feeling too, just don't think there would be enough goals in their team this season. Nunez might turn out very good though.
Nunez might but it’s Diaz I would be worried about. People keep calling him unlucky with his shots (as did the Liverpool commentator today) but there comes a stage when unlucky turns to wasteful

GoldanoGraham

Liverpool will do well to finish in the top 3 next season, possibly top 4. They have peaked and will regress this season.

They have lost their most influential player and it will impact them massively. This new forward is a shadow of Mane.

Utd will improve on our 6th but all these scousers on tv and TalkSPORT fawning over Liverpool are deluded - they had their big chance last year, they blew it, and now they’ve lost their best player and screwed their wage structure with Salah in the process. Also don’t believe that the effects of being nearly men will not have a big effect.

I really look forward to next seasons scouse demise.

George The Best

Spot on. Top 4 is still unlikely as things stand. A big spend in the window could still change that, but Europa League has to be a target - except the squad isn’t really deep enough to go balls out for everything.

Tyrion

Pre-season friendlies are basically joint gym sessions. I honestly would take losing 30-0 if it meant we had an extra point in the league. Who wouldn't?