Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

JSArsenal

I'm not sure where the general Liverpool thread is, but Liverpool fans how has Oxlade Chamberlain been? Did he sign a contract extension or something? I feel like I never hear about him, but he's still there.

OpenIntrovert

Liverpool get Poch and Klopp goes Bayern when Nagelsmann falls out with Khan next summer.

Worth a fiver.
Klopp to Bayern is a no-go. He has hated Bayern's dominance and them buying off his players when he was at Dortmund. I suspect Klopp will want to stay at Liverpool as he really wants to cement his legacy but if he walks, it will be a long break for him similar to what Zidane is doing now.

Chairman Steve

It feels like he and his team have run their race, and the burnout is showing.

And regardless of what FSG put up to invest, I get the feeling Klopp will want to go a new challenge elsewhere. Even back in the Dortmund days, he stated he didn’t want to be like Sir Alex Ferguson and tie himself to one job for a lengthy time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it’s something fans always complain about for their own teams, but feck me, Klopp’s got to be one of the worst managers when it comes to making subs. Awful choices almost always

Irrational.

How many excuses can you count from the BBC interview?

"We played against a deep defending side. We didn’t train in this formation one second because Jones was not in the plans. He was close and we can see he is now fit which is great, but he didn’t play this position before.

"Then Thiago gets an infection over night and is out and you have to make a decision. Can Henderson start again? I was concerned from the medical department not too long so we changed like this. It was clear we had to get used to it. We didn’t hit the target and the goalie made a sensational save but that’s it now and we cannot change it.

lysglimt

Scout
Liverpool now have lost 17 points in 11 matches - in the 20/21 seasong they barely scraped through to the C.L after picking up 69 points

And what is the biggest concern - take away the Bournemouth-game and they have scored 13 goals in 12 matches in the league.
Salah 3 goals in 10
Nunez 3 goals in 7
Diaz 3 goals in 9
Jota 0 goals in 4
Firmino 6 goals in 10 - the only one who has actually looked good.

And as I have pointed out before - Liverpool are so dependant on their strikers for goals - because they have 5-6 midfielders who simply do not score goals.

Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Elliott, Jones, Thiago and Keita - these guys do not score goals. Liverpool have scored exactly 1 goal from central midfield in the P.L this season - and that was Elliott. And earlier they could afford it with Salah, Mane and Firmino being consistently good and getting 50-55 goals each season. They can't do that anymore

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Other managers' nightmare is when they hear "sacked in the morning" being sung repeatedly.

For Klopp however, his nightmare is hearing distant echoes of "Nnnnnhhhyeehhh of course" when it's dark and he's trying to sleep.

Someone

Something
He'd never be sacked but he might walk. Rebuilding another team will require a big investment that might never happen.

Would love to see him managing Atletico Madrid someday, feels like the perfect club for him, or maybe Madrid or Barcelona, would love to see what he could achieve with proper funding.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Seems like he always struggles after 7 years. Just checked the stats and he got Mainz relegated in his seventh season and couldn't bring them back up in the season after that. The seventh season was also the one at Dortmund where they were in relegation zone after the first half of the season and then finished 7th. And now he is in his seventh full season at Liverpool. Kind of fascinating.

Maybe it's normal, we rarely see managers staying that long at a club these days. 6,7 years is probably the time where you can implement your style, sign a whole team who suits said style, improve the team and hit a peak level where you reap the rewards. After that players will be older, leave the club, lose motivation etc.. and you will be past the peak and probably need to start again. Will be interesting if Liverpool backs him for another rebuild and if he is even able to do that. Maybe he walks away before that either way. Fergie was a master at keeping it going for over 2 decades, but even he had transition years. Let's hope the Klopp era is over or they at least need to go through a transition again for the next few seasons.

Someone

Something
Seems like he always struggles after 7 years. Just checked the stats and he got Mainz relegated in his seventh season and couldn't bring them back up in the season after that. The seventh season was also the one at Dortmund where they were in relegation zone after the first half of the season and then finished 7th. And now he is in his seventh full season at Liverpool. Kind of fascinating.

Maybe it's normal, we rarely see managers staying that long at a club these days. 6,7 years is probably the time where you can implement your style, sign a whole team who suits said style, improve the team and hit a peak level where you reap the rewards. After that players will be older, leave the club, lose motivation etc.. and you will be past the peak and probably need to start again. Will be interesting if Liverpool backs him for another rebuild and if he is even able to do that. Maybe he walks away before that either way. Fergie was a master at keeping it going for over 2 decades, but even he had transition years. Let's hope the Klopp era is over or they at least need to go through a transition again for the next few seasons.
One of Fergie's biggest achievements is how he managed to rebuild United over and over again. It's an incredibly difficult job. Must be mentally exhausting as hell, and you must adapt and change when your methods no longer work. The premier league is brutal these days, and with his best players in their 30s, he knows he has a massive job ahead. If I were him I'd walk.

largelyworried

The problem for Klopp is that his team looks two to three years away from peaking again. Most of Henderson, Milner, Van Dijk, Firminho and Matip will need replacing over that timescale, and whether it's Edwards leaving or sheer bad luck, their run of great buys seems to be over. Basically Liverpool are back where they were in 2016 2017 all over again. Able to get top four but several players away from being title challengers.

The question for Klopp then is whether he wants the challenge of another rebuild. Bear in mind that even when the rebuild is done, it can take a season or two to actually get over the line and win something. So for Klopp to build a capable team and then win some trophies could be a 3 to 5 year time frame. That's very different from being in charge of a team that's doing well and sticking it out for one or two more seasons just to try and win another prize.

Obviously I have no idea what Klopp has in mind, but I could believe that he'd think an entire rebuild is too long to commit to. After all, unlike Pep, he has loads of clubs he could choose from. Pep has few realistic challenges left to him, but Klopp could go Real, Barca, Bayern or any of the big Italian teams. He may not wish to, but they're options. So I could see him leaving, taking a season off and then seeing which big team takes his fancy. After all he'd be able to get a job just about anywhere there was a vacancy.

Cloud7

At the very least if they get rid of him we won’t have to worry about them being good again

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
3 more game weekends and the league breaks for WC. He will have all of his first team back by then.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

The inhalers stop working after 7 years

Real Name

"We thought we were gonna play in the forest, not on actual pitch, we were played, that's something for PL to look in. Whole of city of Nottingham was in their box and we couldn't play cause they had 10 new players compared to last season. We didn't know how to prepare and that United offside goal was awful."

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If they fail to qualify for the CL right at a time when they need to replace half the first team, it’ll be a disaster for them. Their recruitment seems to have waned with the loss of key personnel behind the scenes, right at a time when they need a rebuild. They have one of the oldest average starting XIs in the PL. Alisson, VVD, Matip, Milner, Henderson, Thiago, Salah and Firmino are all over 30. And those players who are just behind them in age, the next group down, have either failed to make the grade, lost form, or become injury prone - Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain.

The squad needs a massive injection of quality over the next 2 years, and if they keep spending big bucks on players like Nunez, the rest of the league has nothing to worry about.