Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Dansk

He'd never be sacked but he might walk. Rebuilding another team will require a big investment that might never happen.
I mean, he just bought a €100m player. It's just that he was worth maybe €30m. They do have the money and they do spend enough to be able to keep the show going, but they spent it wrong this time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I mean, he just bought a €100m player. It's just that he was worth maybe €30m. They do have the money and they do spend enough to be able to keep the show going, but they spent it wrong this time.
They really haven't invested anywhere near enough in the side since winning the league.

Dansk

They've invested enough that this sort of collapse was by no means inevitable. They've spent over €80m in each of the last three seasons. It's not as much as Klopp might have wished for, but it's enough that there shouldn't even be a question about CL qualification. You wouldn't necessarily expect them to challenge for everything every season on that kind of budget, but it's enough to stay afloat if spent correctly.

BorisManUtd

Klopp being sacked even as an idea seems really unrealistic at this point. If they don't finish in top 4 this season and start next season badly then yes, it's possible. But surely he's got enough credit to finish this season even if Liverpool finish out of top 6 let alone top 4. I believe they'll finish in top 4 anyways, alongside City, Arsenal and one of Spurs/us/Chelsea.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I’m calling it now. Klopp will leave at the end of the season. All the signs are there. He doesn’t seem to carry the same energy he has done in previous seasons, looking rather tired. Will take a year out.

El Zoido

I’m calling it now. Klopp will leave at the end of the season. All the signs are there. He doesn’t seem to carry the same energy he has done in previous seasons, looking rather tired. Will take a year out.
I think so too. Liverpool are at the end of a cycle and need a rebuild, not sure if he wants it.

GMoore23

I think so too. Liverpool are at the end of a cycle and need a rebuild, not sure if he wants it.
Slippy G is available so they'll be fine.

T_Model101

He said
"It feels as low as possible"
Not a good sign really. Every Liverpool fan I know would back him until the end and place the entire blame on the board for not reinvesting
I can definitely envisage him leaving

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He said
"It feels as low as possible"
Not a good sign really. Every Liverpool fan I know would back him until the end and place the entire blame on the board for not reinvesting
I can definitely envisage him leaving
Maybe don’t blow it all on a donkey.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They are basically back to being average team but game raising cnuts against bigger teams.

FlapR

They'd be stupid to get rid of Klopp, if he goes I think it'll be of his own accord.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He’s a great coach but he’s starting to feel the pressure. A bad loser as well.
But I doubt they’ll sack him. He’ll win 7-0 in the next game surely.

Dansk

I could definitely see him leaving. Seven years is a long time to be at any club in this day and age, and having to maintain a competitive level with Liverpool against City must be frustrating. When his team gives 110%, they can just barely challenge City. Anytime they don't have an amazing, flawless season, City win by default. Who wouldn't get fed up with that? Liverpool have been the best they've been in the PL era under him and he has a single league title to show for it. Ten years from now, the trophies are what people will remember, not the circumstances. It will certainly be in the back of his mind that he's choosing a less impressive legacy by staying at Liverpool than if he'd gone to Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, even PSG. He came very close to winning a lot more at Liverpool than he has, but at the end of the day, people don't look back and cherish the close 2nd-place finishes or the lost finals. He must be getting tired of that. He's one of the top managers of his generation, and it must be hard not to feel like he has wasted his time a bit at Dortmund and Liverpool, perpetually trying to eke out what scraps of success can be prised away from the club that dominates the league. Seven years is a long time to endure a never-ending uphill struggle.

Mr. Robot

Every season we get the “The manager will resign” rhetoric but this never, ever happens.

Football managers aren’t stupid. They’re paid a lot of money when they’re sacked. If they resign, they don’t get a huge pay off.

Use your brains, lads and lasses.

Dansk

Every season we get the “The manager will resign” rhetoric but this never, ever happens.

Football managers aren’t stupid. They’re paid a lot of money when they’re sacked. If they resign, they don’t get a huge pay off.

Except we're talking about a manager who did just that at his last job. It does happen.

Tarrou

but he'll get just as much if not likely more at his next job anyway

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The idea that Liverpool are going through an injury crisis when we literally have more players out is mental.
Our injuries are mostly self inflicted imo. It’s either because they’ve been ran into the ground or that they’re simply injury prone players (Keita, Jones, Chamberlain, Thiago etc).

You get some unlucky ones like Diaz but there’re far too many muscular ones for my liking. Matip’s suddenly started breaking down again after being fit for most of last season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Klopp seems like he doesn't care much about money. He has made enough that this won't be a factor for his decision.

ElBarto

Glorified Stoke, as per Athletic:

The fact that Klopp’s men were so reliant on set pieces to create chances against such lowly opposition was alarming in itself. Forest caused Liverpool plenty of problems themselves as well. This wasn’t some heroic backs-to-the-wall, smash-and-grab raid.

According to Opta, Steve Cooper’s team actually edged it on expected goals (xG), 1.85 to 1.66. Forest created five Opta-defined “big chances” to Liverpool’s four. In terms of the action areas, 23.9 per cent of the contest was played in Forest’s third of the pitch and 22.4 per cent in Liverpool’s third.

DanielofLeyland

I was surprised with his post match comments:

Massive, massive blow because I have no idea how we can lose this game to be honest.
This sounds like hubris of the highest order. I appreciate that Liverpool would be expecting a win over Forest but anybody can beat anybody on a given day. Plenty of top sides have lost to relegation candidates. Seems to be subtly blaming the players for not implementing his tactics well enough. Not a good sign long term.

Cloud7

I mean, he just bought a €100m player. It's just that he was worth maybe €30. They do have the money and they do spend enough to be able to keep the show going, but they spent it wrong this time.
Fixed that for you

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Everyone else's fault as usual. Must have been a windy and rainy day at the office when they picked the squad.

dove

Red card for the manager should be the same as for the player. Automatic 1 match ban no questions asked.