Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Jev

When all their transfers are shit he has to have a role somewhere. Not sure that's a good sign to hand him the upcoming rebuild. They need new blood, new tactics and new setup.
Luis Diaz and Jota have both been good transfers. I think Carvalho looks good too.

AdNani

Looking oddly similar to his last season at Dortmund, when he also looked like he had no clue in how to fix the issues.

Josh 76

He looks really ill. Pale skin, bags under his red eyes. He’s even struggling to make any excuses!
His teeth are even yellow.

hp88

He has aged so much this season, he looks fecking lost out there, he will walk in summer.

Chairman Steve

He’s going to quit rather than get sacked. I think he can see his Rome falling down around him and it’s a combination of he doesn’t want to rebuild a new team again and he may know that the money isn’t there to fund a said new team. He looks jaded in his post match interview. 7 years in modern football management is a long time. The likes of a Sir Alex Ferguson coming along as a true football renaissance man who can defy the cycles of football are extremely rare.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He needs a solid budget just like any good manager and in that regard he doesn't look all that special as in the past.

marktan

I don't think he's the issue at all. Most of his top players are in their 30s, and there's no quality in depth in most positions. If given investment and time he'll be able to rebuild. The question here is, does he fancy doing this again? Looking at how competitive the premier league these days, and how everyone at the top 6 in addition to Newcastle are investing more than Liverpool, he might walk, it's just a very difficult job at this point.
Yeah FSG have made a huge mess of this, they had the opportunity to replace a key player every summer but they didn't take it. When was the last time they spent above £40m prior to Nunez? Fabinho in 2018? Now they need to replace Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho, Van Djik, Robertson. And they still haven't even really signed comparable replacements for Wjnaldum and Ox. And as good as Diaz is he's nowhere near Mane.

We made a similar mistake with the 2008 CL squad. The way to do it is how Real do it with one top signing every summer, or City with the phasing out of old and signing younger replacements. Once you mess it up and let the squad decay, it can take a decade if not longer to repair.

VivaRonaldo85

Blaming injuries. I’m afraid all sides get bad injury runs Kloppo. If this league form continues, I can see him walk when they get knocked out the CL early next year. He looks a shadow of the cnut we’ve had forced down all our throats the last 5 or 6 years.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The fool could have had the world in the palm of his hand had he chosen us instead and now look at him, oh well.

glasgow 21

what's the chances Klopp has been tapped up for the Barcelona job coinciding with the erratic happenings at pool ?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You know things are bad when even the most rose tinted Pool journos (who haven't said one bad word in 7 years) are losing patience.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah FSG have made a huge mess of this, they had the opportunity to replace a key player every summer but they didn't take it. When was the last time they spent above £40m prior to Nunez? Fabinho in 2018? Now they need to replace Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho, Van Djik, Robertson. And they still haven't even really signed comparable replacements for Wjnaldum and Ox. And as good as Diaz is he's nowhere near Mane.

We made a similar mistake with the 2008 CL squad. The way to do it is how Real do it with one top signing every summer, or City with the phasing out of old and signing younger replacements. Once you mess it up and let the squad decay, it can take a decade if not longer to repair.
The fact that they have so many key players over the age of 30 yet they still decided to blow their transfer budget on Darwin Nunez is baffling.

largelyworried

Really get the sense he’ll go this summer. Liverpool need a rebuild, is he up for another mid to long term project at Liverpool? It already sounded like he was in the latter phase of his spell at Liverpool from comments he’s made in recent times, I’d be surprised if he was up for another 2 to 4 year period while he rebuilds and challenges with a new team.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Klopps a great manager but he's never had a history of transitioning with a squad.

I think he backs his players to the hilt, respects if they want to move on but the aging players will walk out on the pitch with zimmer frames if they have to.

I think Klopp will move on within a year or two, and I think Guardiola will too at City.

Sweet Square

Needs a move away. He has annoyingly gave them 7 great years but unless your Fergie(Or Pep with unlimited funds)rebuilding a football team over and over again is a extremely difficult if not impossible task to do.

wr8_utd

:'(
I hope he walks because he'll be world class again next season once he's done with his seven year itch.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I hope he walks because he'll be world class again next season once he's done with his seven year itch.
If you see the age of their squad in key positions, and the money you need to spend in football now they really won't be.

Even Liverpool can't spend their way out of this, I'd argue they got extremely lucky at signing the players they did.

mu4c_20le

I'd like to know what he sacrificed to have such luck in the last three years, because it's completely run out now.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Heavy metal football aint doing so well now.

7th Season Syndrome strikes for Yurgen Flopp once again.

Flopp is basically Tony Pulis on steroids.

Shark

@NotShark
I'd like to know what he sacrificed to have such luck in the last three years, because it's completely run out now.
It definitely seemed that way. Never thought they were a brilliant footballing team but everything seemed to go for them.