Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle did the dirty on Howe and went all in after Klopp if he was to ever leave Liverpool. Makes sense in their next step of development and progression and a big enough challenge for Klippety.
Would working for Saudis appeal to a guy like Klopp? Not so sure myself.

Flexdegea

Klopps not going anywhere, Liverpool are in their current predicament due to the impact of losing Mane. They’re still dangerous (beating City last wk) and probably one creative midfielder away from clambering up the table.

Yeah you've watched them all season, and it's just a creative midfielder away from being back at the top.

They not even close to playing like they do. Big miss is the energy levels and legs.

Infestissumam

Didn't he say half through his last BVB season, when down almost in relegation fight, he will leave at the end of the season, and they started playing better.
Did he go on sabatical then, or was that Pep?
it was announced in April that he'd leave at the end of the season. Took over Liverpool in October that same year, so no sabbatical (that was Pep after leaving Barcelona).

the way I remember it, they were terrible in the first half of the season but kind of salvaged it in the second half, even before he announced he'd leave.

Francis Abernathy

If Klopp leaves, & I think he will at the end of this season, he won't even consider the likes of PSG, Barcelona or RM.

If he went to Spain he'd be more likely to choose Seville or Valencia, still big clubs with tradition but with much lower expectations.

It's why he was more interested in Liverpool over United. Resurrecting a floundering club gives him more leeway than being under pressure right away to win every game as he would be at Real/Barcelona. It also means he has much more room to create a **** where he's the saviour to feed his ego.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It would be an interesting test of his moral code. I think he'd turn Newcastle down as, despite the rivalry, I think he's a good person at heart

TheReligion

Abusive
I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle did the dirty on Howe and went all in after Klopp if he was to ever leave Liverpool. Makes sense in their next step of development and progression and a big enough challenge for Klippety.
Zero chance. He doesn’t like clubs like that

phelans shorts

Think the last couple of weeks changed this. He’s nailed his flag to the mast now, think he’ll be too self conscious to make that move.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Zero chance. He doesn’t like clubs like that
His word is worth nothing though. He’s a massive hypocrite, he said he would rather retire before spending record fees on players and then bought VVD and Allison.

BorisManUtd

There’s no way I can see Klopp getting sacked, he’s got way too much credit in the bank and is revered almost as a Demi God. He’ll decide when he goes.
Yeah, man won them the league after 30 years and Champions League + reaching another 2 CL finals. They were as close to title in 2019 and 2022 as possible, too. All that after being shite team under Rodgers for like year and a half. I can see Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of this season if results don't improve, but it would be his decision like it was at Dortmund.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He has no idea how to fix this.
The comparisons between us in Ancelotti's last season are quite uncanny. Previous great team stagnating and hitting father time at the same time.

So with like us then it wouldn't surprise me if you eventually dig in and get the results required (for top 4) even if the football isn't great, especially when Diaz is back.

danamann

Klopp is a great manager and you certainly cannot downplay his achievements in the game but tactically he is miles behind someone like Guardiola or Tuchel. You could see he was trying to change from a pure counter-attacking setup with three workhorses in midfield to a more possession based side. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it. He thought buying Thiago would solve this issue but he is not constantly fit and even if he was, you could see he doesn't know how to use him properly. Klopp doesn't care much for positional play or intricate attacking patterns, he is more the pragmatic Mourinho type. This works as long as you're the underdog. In a sense, he is a victim of his own success. He brought Liverpool back to the top but it is not sustainable to rely on 'working harder' and 'wanting it more' than the opponent to stay there. They haven't evolved enough tactically and I don't think Klopp has shown that they eventually will.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A disneyland kind of fund to refresh the aging squad would be nice.
Bet you didn't see it coming did you Klopp :rolleyes:?

mu4c_20le

Klopp is a great manager and you certainly cannot downplay his achievements in the game but tactically he is miles behind someone like Guardiola or Tuchel. You could see he was trying to change from a pure counter-attacking setup with three workhorses in midfield to a more possession based side. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it. He thought buying Thiago would solve this issue but he is not constantly fit and even if he was, you could see he doesn't know how to use him properly. Klopp doesn't care much for positional play or intricate attacking patterns, he is more the pragmatic Mourinho type. This works as long as you're the underdog. In a sense, he is a victim of his own success. He brought Liverpool back to the top but it is not sustainable to rely on 'working harder' and 'wanting it more' than the opponent to stay there. They haven't evolved enough tactically and I don't think Klopp has shown that they eventually will.
Interesting take coming from i assume a BDL fan

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The comparisons between us in Ancelotti's last season are quite uncanny. Previous great team stagnating and hitting father time at the same time.

So with like us then it wouldn't surprise me if you eventually dig in and get the results required (for top 4) even if the football isn't great, especially when Diaz is back.
We always have a strong finish to a season. The world cup has come at an absolutely stunningly perfect time for us, in November of 2022 when all our injuries are piling up again and all are players are ageing and in need of a mental and physical rest.

A couple of astute (and young) January signings might help. But the return of Jota and Diaz certainly should see us put together our trade mark run of wins that have seen us push City to the wire in the past (won't be pushing City this season obviously but you know what I mean).

phelans shorts

How on earth does this blagger still get included in this conversation

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
We always have a strong finish to a season. The world cup has come at an absolutely stunningly perfect time for us, in November of 2022 when all our injuries are piling up again and all are players are ageing and in need of a mental and physical rest.

A couple of astute (and young) January signings might help. But the return of Jota and Diaz certainly should see us put together our trade mark run of wins that have seen us push City to the wire in the past (won't be pushing City this season obviously but you know what I mean).
comes across very much like a bloke thinking his wife’s constant salsa classes are a good thing for their relationship.

AndySmith1990

When great teams decline I always think of how incredible it was that Ferguson was able to maintain such a high standard for over 20 years. Don't think it's appreciated enough how hard it is to not only get to the top but stay there

Josh 76

His word is worth nothing though. He’s a massive hypocrite, he said he would rather retire before spending record fees on players and then bought VVD and Allison.
Spot on. He talks so much crap.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't buy Klopp is this man of integrity who wouldn't go to certain clubs.

I bet he'll manage some of the oiliest clubs out there for the right pay packet.

Mr. Robot

No manager will ever be able to dominate English football like Sir Alex did. This isn’t a criticism of Klopp. Sir Alex was a magician, a genius. He evolved and surrounded himself with coaches who would tactically improve things as the game changed.

Klopp is a fine manager. And he’s done well at Liverpool and will always have a European Cup and more importantly, a league title next to his name. Something the million managers before him couldn’t achieve. Liverpool were a running joke in English football for decades. Klopp changed all of that quite quickly.

But he’s run his course now. It just happens. Like the great man, Sir Alex once wrote in one of his autobiographies; Football is cyclical. Challenging again after winning trophies the previous season is the hardest thing to do in top flight football.

Klopp doesn’t have the club resources to build another squad. And he hasn’t been shrewd enough to move on the likes of Henderson & Milner when the time was right to do so.

Also, Sir Alex could be pragmatic. He respected opposition who had better players but he would ensure he still won the game. Klopp wants to persist with a super high like even though his centre backs and first choice right back are seriously out of form. And Klopp will play the same way regardless of opposition. Look at the shambles away at Napoli a few weeks ago as a good example of this.

Klopp will probably move on in the summer and let’s all hope they replace him with Slippy Me and Carragher as his assistant.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Difference is, your lot spent half a billion quid +, and will probably spend another quarter billion next summer, the Scouse can't do that.

So basically, no comparison.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Difference is, your lot spent half a billion quid +, and will probably spend another quarter billion next summer, the Scouse can't do that.

So basically, no comparison.
I can guarantee you our net spend between that season and our next title wasn't close to that figure.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Nice to see you can use smileys.

If someone is stupid enough to give Coutinho money for an ageing Salah and/or VVD then Liverpool all of a sudden have money money rebuild.
Chelsea is a completely different case, ffs.
They spend whatever they like whenever they like, Liverpool can't do that.

They disgust me as much as City do. Shithouse club.

Dansk

For Klopp to leave, Liverpool would have to be in the relegation zone at the 3/4 stage of the season. Not something that seems possible even with Liverpool's woes right now.
You base that on a sample size of one, i.e. his resignation from Dortmund? Do you think he has some kind of set-in-stone personal policy for when he will resign?