Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
There were various times during each manager in the post SAF era where all sorts of teams were rocking up against us and getting results, and it felt like any given team could turn up and beat us. Liverpool are going through one of those phases right now. Genuinely seems like anyone can beat them these days.
It's nothing like United. That was the end of an era, followed by a clown who destroyed everything that SAF did in 6 months, followed by a succession of inadequate managers and a scattergun approach to player recruitment by an inexperienced senior management team.

This is what was the best team in the World, 12 months ago, with the best recruitment team, totally imploding and the manager who built that great team not having a fecking clue what to do about it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The worst thing you can say is that I knew they would lose.
They are so bad right now.

el3mel

He should be sacked. It's clear their team needs a rebuild and he has clearly lost the plot. He reached the end of his cycle there and it's time for a new manager with a new plan.

Adisa

He should be sacked. It's clear their team needs a rebuild and he has clearly lost the plot. He reached the end of his cycle there and it's time for a new manager with a new plan.
He has earned the right to rebuild that team.

Lecland07

I don't think a new manager will really improve them. Their team is just pretty average now.

Their midfield from their title wins is ancient and the young replacements are average at best. Salah looks like he has completely lost all form ever since the cup of nations. He has never recovered. Their wing backs were a major creative outlet and that seems to be gone entirely.

I think it is back to Europa League finishes at best for them. They will need to wait for their next Klopp in twenty years.

el3mel

No one earns anything in the world of football. He clearly has no clue what to do to stop the collapse. He did a lot for them but it's time to move on. Same thing happened for him in BVB.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's not a chance a guy who won them 2 trophies last season, lost the Euro cup final, and were actually going to win the league title as late as 70mins on the last day can be sacked this season.
If they're performing like this pre Christmas next season it might be more of a conversation, but you suspect he'll walk when he feels the need. Possibly using the Germany job as a "calling" and easy way out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think a new manager will really improve them. Their team is just pretty average now.

Their midfield from their title wins is ancient and the young replacements are average at best. Salah looks like he has completely lost all form ever since the cup of nations. He has never recovered. Their wing backs were a major creative outlet and that seems to be gone entirely.

I think it is back to Europa League finishes at best for them. They will need to wait for their next Klopp in twenty years.
Fabinho is 29 and Henderson is 32.
It's not about age, it's about legs.

AndySmith1990

It's going to be very difficult to rebuild and motivate everyone to put in the same levels of effort that got them to the level they were. Hopefully he can't be arsed and he leaves before next season

Adisa

No one earns anything in the world of football. He clearly has no clue what to do to stop the collapse. He did a lot for them but it's time to move on. Same thing happened for him in BVB.
Getting 3 90+ points in 5 years, winning a CL, PL and FA cup in that time buys him that right imo.
Liverpool will not get a better coach.

BorisManUtd

I think if owners are ready to invest in summer (particularly in midfield), Klopp will stay if he has enough motivation in himself to continue there. If he doesn't have it then investment or not he'll leave like he left at Dortmund.

But on Liverpool, could there be a takover there like at United? That would play big part in Klopp's decision.

lex talionis

This. Klopp is their SAF and cannot be sacked for one poor season, especially the season right after they were so close to a quad. He’s earned the right to rebuild, but if Liverpool are still a swirling turd by the November a massive burlap sack should be flown over Anfield.

ROFLUTION

Considering the players and team he had at his peak it’s quite good that he didnt win more.

His era is probably over and he got 1 cl and 1 league 1 carabao and 1 fa cup. I’ll definitely take that considering how scarily good they looked - couldve been a new Fergie-era

el3mel

There's not a chance a guy who won them 2 trophies last season, lost the Euro cup final, and were actually going to win the league title as late as 70mins on the last day can be sacked this season.
If they're performing like this pre Christmas next season it might be more of a conversation, but you suspect he'll walk when he feels the need. Possibly using the Germany job as a "calling" and easy way out.
I'm not talking about what would happen. I'm talking about what should happen. He should be sacked, because he hasn't shown any signs of him having a clue how to get the team out of their current disastrous run. He also didn't seem to have a clue how to manage the team's rebuild once Mane left.

They won't pull the trigger now that's I agree on. The right decision is to sack him and have a fresh start. If I were their board I would start searching for a successor now before I sack him.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
He should be kept on for one more season after this and if he can keep them up next year then he can leave on a high and it'll be time for Stevey G to take over after that

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I won’t ever suggest sacking him, but his body language makes me think he might quit at the end of the season if he thinks that he can’t motivate the players any more.

If we’re still like this when Van Dijk, Jota, Diaz and Firmino are back into rotation then it’s hard to see him continuing into next season.

el3mel

This. Klopp is their SAF and cannot be sacked for one poor season, especially the season right after they were so close to a quad. He’s earned the right to rebuild, but if Liverpool are still a swirling turd by the November a massive burlap sack should be flown over Anfield.
He did really well but come on, for God's sake. They had a manager who won them 3 out of their 6 CL titles.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I won’t ever suggest sacking him, but his body language makes me think he might quit at the end of the season if he thinks that he can’t motivate the players any more.

If we’re still like this when Van Dijk, Jota, Diaz and Firmino are back into rotation then it’s hard to see him continuing into next season.
Oh no, that would be a shame

BorisManUtd

I do hope that after 7 and a half years there Klopp will feel tired and take a sabbatical. There are only few better managers out there so would be tough for Liverpool to replace him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not talking about what would happen. I'm talking about what should happen. He should be sacked, because he hasn't shown any signs of him having a clue how to get the team out of their current disastrous run. He also didn't seem to have a clue how to manage the team's rebuild once Mane left.

They won't pull the trigger now that's I agree on. The right decision is to sack him and have a fresh start. If I were their board I would start searching for a successor now before I sack him.
Don't speak too soon.
A couple of years ago they lost 6 home games in a row in the league. Looked all at sea, then stormed back into the top 4.
Then the next season almost won the treble.

Hopefully there's no resurgence this time, but let's not jinx it :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Beaten 3-0 and Kloppo still talking about “luck”.
This is a guy who when we had 3 injuries in about 15 mins against them, and then a 4th one for Rashy, rendering him half mobility for the rest of the game, talked about how OUR injuries disrupted HIS team!

Just :lol:

izec

They wont sack him this season. Next season will be key though, if it continues, he will walk or get sacked at some point.

mu4c_20le

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't walk, he seems too proud to wait for the sack like Mourinho.

ShinjiNinja26

This is a guy who when we had 3 injuries in about 15 mins against them, and then a 4th one for Rashy, rendering him half mobility for the rest of the game, talked about how OUR injuries disrupted HIS team!

Just :lol:
:lol: Aye, really is pathetic. He masquerades as some kind of nice, bantering bloke when everything’s going well but as soon as the wheels start coming off his true colours start to show very quickly. He’s a bitter, toxic cnut.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: Aye, really is pathetic. He masquerades as some kind of nice, bantering bloke when everything’s going well but as soon as the wheels start coming off his true colours start to show very quickly. He’s a bitter, toxic cnut.
And that my friend is why the downfall is pure unadulterated glory.
Same as seeing their fans have to suck it up.

Robbie Boy

You kind of expect them to lose these days. It's lost a-bit of the buzz factor, but nevertheless, it's still absolutely fecking glorious.

Someone

Something

He won't be sacked that's for sure. He proved he could build a top team, but the Liverpool model won't get them where they want to be anymore. I think that's mainly why the club is for sale.

I believe his future at the club will depend mostly on the new owners. But he does look like someone who could use some change.