Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Yep the new thread title is a major jinx - and it's wrong. The best we can hope for is 27 years - but I'll settle for top 4. All this title challenge talk is way too premature. Ironically most of it, not just on here, is coming from other fans and pundits.

Treble

I'm not sure your point. Athletico have the 3rd best squad in La Liga. It's an awful comparison in my opinion.
The point is easy to grasp. Both are capable of overacheving with squads that are underdogs compared to the best clubs in the league. Klopp proved it with Dortmund before.

You are entitled of your opinion, of course. I'm afraid it is totally wrong though.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This high energy stuff doesn't work without a winter break.

His Dortmund side would take a month off from late December to late January. Liverpool will play 8 or 9 games over that period.
We've only got three league games in January and after we play Everton 17th December we only have two more games against (Stoke and City) for the rest of the month. If we get drawn against lower league opposition in the FA Cup then I'll expect Klopp to rotate for the third round game like he did last season.

My only concern is what we do if it's not working or we're missing a couple of key players like Mane and Firmino. I think we're overly reliant on our first XI staying fit. You could probably swap someone like Wijnaldum or one of the CB's out without doing much damage but I'm not sure about the rest.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Nice jinx attempt with that thread title:lol:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He has really implemented a direct system of play and it seems he'll take them to top 4(?). But today's result vs swansea was mostly grinding and good luck. They won't have it that way against better opponents
We've taken 7 from three away games against better opponents.

Swansea battled fiercely today. Won't play many teams with that kind of effort this season. They did their part in making this the most hardest game we've played so far.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
We've only got three league games in January and after we play Everton 17th December we only have two more games against (Stoke and City) for the rest of the month. If we get drawn against lower league opposition in the FA Cup then I'll expect Klopp to rotate for the third round game like he did last season.

My only concern is what we do if it's not working or we're missing a couple of key players like Mane and Firmino. I think we're overly reliant on our first XI staying fit. You could probably swap someone like Wijnaldum or one of the CB's out without doing much damage but I'm not sure about the rest.
Winter breaks effect is overstated in England. It's merely a week of for most teams.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

We could have 4 cup games in Jan (def one at least). Dec and Jan could well be our two busiest months - all depending on how the EFL cup goes. Klopp is taking it very seriously - I expect the same with the FA cup tbh.

TheReligion

Abusive
The point is easy to grasp. Both are capable of overacheving with squads that are underdogs compared to the best clubs in the league. Klopp proved it with Dortmund before.

You are entitled of your opinion, of course. I'm afraid it is totally wrong though.
Athletico are one of the three best clubs in Spain though? They have one of the best squads in La Liga and players who would get in both the Barca and Real first teams.

The comparison is bizarre.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The other teams in Germany had the same break and the teams in England will play the same amount of games during that time - and our rivals will all have played 6 European games by then also.

I think it will be next season when we're hopefully back in Europe when our high energy game might hamper us more - but we have a couple of Windows to strengthen the squad before then.
You're missing the point, it doesn't matter what the opposition do, your advantage is the intensity in your play and the energy you press with. A month off to re-energise for the run in is a huge help. Replacing that break with an even thicker list of fixtures than normal and fatigue and injuries could seriously hinder your advantage.

You have a game on the 14th, 17th, 26th, 31st, 2nd, 14th and 23rd + a likely league cup and FA Cup match. The players then have an international break to deal with.

I really question whether that squad can cope with those games and keep up the style of play.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They were lucky today. If that penalty hadnt come they wouldnt have won. Theyve started the season well but they wont be contenders come May.
So what? Yeah because the score was 1-2 we wouldn't have won but how many other examples of teams scoring a late winner are there?
Crazy comments.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
To answer the question in the new thread subtitle, he certainly can't as long as Pep is in the PL

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Meh. I'm not concerned about them.

We are challenging for the title, so the only team we should be gunning for is the one in the #1 position.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Meh. I'm not concerned about them.

We are challenging for the title, so the only team we should be gunning for is the one in the #1 position.

You're already 6 points behind Pep's City after only 6 games played, and the gap is only goin to grow. You certainly are not challenging for the title.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You're missing the point, it doesn't matter what the opposition do, your advantage is the intensity in your play and the energy you press with. A month off to re-energise for the run in is a huge help. Replacing that break with an even thicker list of fixtures than normal and fatigue and injuries could seriously hinder your advantage.

You have a game on the 14th, 17th, 26th, 31st, 2nd, 14th and 23rd + a likely league cup and FA Cup match. The players then have an international break to deal with.

I really question whether that squad can cope with those games and keep up the style of play.
You can't take it out of context though. In the Bundesliga German teams had more time to rest so Dortmund players had to push even harder to tire them out again. In England we're not the only ones who will be having games on 14th, 17th, etc, etc, in a row. So will the opponents we face. Without a winter break they will wilt under less pressure than Dortmund needed to adopt under Klopp in Germany.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
No I understand your point - I just don't think it's valid this season as we don't have Europe.

It does matter what the opposition do - especially as they will have played more games (in the case of our direct rivals). Most of the top players at Utd, city, Arsenal and Spurs will have played more mins and run further than any of our players come Dec and Jan.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

In terms of challenging for the league, I agree that we may not pick up the points within that period to keep up. If we're talking about getting enough points to keep up with those chasing a top four spot then I think we'll manage. Other sides will probably face similar issues over that period as well given that they'll all have fixtures on those dates.

We'll see how it goes when we get there. I'm interested to see what impact Europe has had on the likes of Spurs, City and United when we get to Christmas.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
You're already 6 points behind Pep's City after only 6 games played, and the gap is only goin to grow. You certainly are not challenging for the title.
I'm just saying that the spot United should be aiming for is #1. What the teams below them do is of no concern to me.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Also has a very useful knack of getting the very very best out of some average players

He made the likes of Großkreuzt a nationalplayer for Germany. That says it all, really. :lol:

He's a magician, but he needs an underdog team imO. His style wouldn't work at Real, Barca or Bayern probably.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
He has really implemented a direct system of play and it seems he'll take them to top 4(?). But today's result vs swansea was mostly grinding and good luck. They won't have it that way against better opponents
A strange thing to say given Liverpool's opening set of fixtures.

Theonas

Scout
He made the likes of Großkreuzt a nationalplayer for Germany. That says it all, really. :lol:

He's a magician, but he needs an underdog team imO. His style wouldn't work at Real, Barca or Bayern probably.
I am not sure I agree there. Barcelona under Pep worked as hard as any team I have seen. Zlatan famously spoke about how obedient their players are for example. Unless you mean something different?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Only going to grow?
This isn't Germany buddy
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

We all wish it would be different. You wish United were challenging, I wish one of Arsenal or Liverpool could win the league.
But they aren't. They can't. City will walk the league as long as Pep is there.

cyberman

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

We all wish it would be different. You wish United were challenging, I wish one of Arsenal or Liverpool could win the league.
But they aren't. They can't. City will walk the league as long as Pep is there.
You seem to be confusing fact and opinion but fair enough.