Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rajma

Not sure if selling Coutinho would have done them any good as he's been the only bright side to their team these past few games, I would say. Phenomenal player and you don't become a better team by selling your most influential spark and reinvesting that in other parts, those shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Guess he was really shaken. I don't think many expected that but then Lovren's meltdown was something else and I doubt any team could have recovered their poise after that. I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing from him. He absolutely needed to be removed. Klopp said they tried another tactic but that didn't work either, he was quite honest in his appraisal.
Ok, but is Lovren still playing through painkillers? Remember I read somewhere, and not so long ago, that he uses it before every match.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure if selling Coutinho would have done them any good as he's been the only bright side to their team these past few games, I would say. Phenomenal player and you don't become a better team by selling your most influential spark and reinvesting that in other parts, those shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
They'd have replaced him with players positioned in areas that actually needed improving.

Balance is vital for Liverpool and I genuinely think they could have spent that Coutinho money on a proper centre back and stirker. Would have changed their side massively.

Rajma

They aint selling Mane?
I assume you watched us playing against them the other day and it was so evident the way our players were shit scared when coutinho had the ball, they were completely frightened. You remove that fear factor and no amount of balance will help you, same with taking Kane out of that spurs side and all of the sudden they don't look all that despite their overall balance.

Minimalist

I remember the RAWK cult said they wouldn’t judge him until he was in his third season. Does this count or not?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I assume you watched us playing against them the other day and it was so evident the way our players were shit scared when coutinho had the ball, they were completely frightened. You remove that fear factor and no amount of balance will help you, same with taking Kane out of that spurs side and all of the sudden they don't look all that despite their overall balance.
True but I think Mane is even more important for them than Coutinho is.

Minimalist

Kind of needs to win a cup this season. Show some sign of progress bar “Salah and Mane look awesome at times...”

Least they’ve narrowed it down to one likely option in the FA Cup.

Rafateria

They'd have replaced him with players positioned in areas that actually needed improving.

Balance is vital for Liverpool and I genuinely think they could have spent that Coutinho money on a proper centre back and stirker. Would have changed their side massively.
No. We wouldn't because there was no time to do that. Remember when Neymar eventually went after the Spanish FA had attempted to prevent his sale via the courts ? For what it's worth if the offers had come much earlier I agree - sell him and reinvest the lot + what we were planning to spend. It would be a hugely different team but probably no less potent up front and far stronger in midfield and more secure at the back. Unfortunately though I'm not sure we could really trust FSG to do that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No. We wouldn't because there was no time to do that. Remember when Neymar eventually went after the Spanish FA had attempted to prevent his sale via the courts ? For what it's worth if the offers had come much earlier I agree - sell him and reinvest the lot + what we were planning to spend. It would be a hugely different team but probably no less potent up front and far stronger in midfield and more secure at the back. Unfortunately though I'm not sure we could really trust FSG to do that.
Yeah I forgot their actual bid of serious consideration probably came too late in the window tbf.

Needham

Got to admit I quite liked Klopp when he first came. Now that he's failing I really like him.

el3mel

Liverpool will finish 6th, Klopp will get the sack and Beneitz will return.

It's all written in the stars.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
True but I think Mane is even more important for them than Coutinho is.
This.

I think a lot of teams - like you saw us do against Liverpool, can do a job on Coutinho and keep him quiet. I'm not sure you can do the same with Mane without freeing up the space for the rest of the Liverpool team.

clarkydaz

i find it hard to believe there isn't a defender in the championship for around 10-15m that wouldn't improve their defence. Even someone just to run into attackers would be progress

ryadmahrez

I think he got his tactics wrong yesterday. His cb's were constantly exposed with one vs ones against either Kane or Son. Dont know if they normally play like this, but all of Henderson, Milner and Can played box to box none of them offererd real protection for the cb's. Very risky style of play.

Reactions: SteveJ

AS18_

Wanyama, Dembele and Dier all injured or unwell, Lamela out for a year, both left backs unable to start.
Well, I stand corrected. Anyhow, they have been impressive for a while now. Hats off to everyone there.

Robertd0803

"The first goal wouldn't have happened if I was on the pitch" obviously considering you are not a player and the ref would have stopped the match the minute you set foot on the pitch.Idiot. Maybe that's how to solve their defensive problems.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"The first goal wouldn't have happened if I was on the pitch" obviously considering you are not a player and the ref would have stopped the match the minute you set foot on the pitch.Idiot. Maybe that's how to solve their defensive problems.
He's gotten so frustrated with Lovren that he's thrown him under the bus there.

Klopp's hardly blameless himself, having failed to identify alternative targets when they didn't get Van Dijk. They've basically risked the club's season on a single player's fate.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I can understand him maybe being hit and miss with intra-league transfers, but one would think he'd just try and plunder the Bundesliga for talent he can put his full trust in.

Sparky10Legend

When Rodgers was sacked he had 12 points from 8 games, Klopp has 13 from 8. I don't understand how he is getting so much of a free pass from Liverpool fans. If he was our manager, media and rival fans would have bashed him.
Because we are a big club, a super club, if you like.