Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

bringbackbebe

They were miles ahead before the break. I'm all for laughing at the scousers but their title was deserved, they were the best team that season by some distance. You'd have to be Paul Merson levels of dim to believe covid had any affect on the outcome of the title
Doesn't matter. As far as history goes, it was covid year and they never would have won it otherwise :p (at least the history in the wiki article where United fans can edit)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didn't Klopp face something similar 2 years ago (terrible results, performances, and downed tools) and then turned it around to us having our hearts in our mouths until Real and Gundogan saved us?

My guess is that if he stays, Liverpool will put up a title challenge next year. The problem for him is that they need to start performing at least adequately for the remainder of this season to keep him in the job, and that doesn't look like happening.
You're mixing 2 seasons up. That terrible season, featuring 6 home defeats in a row was in the behind closed doors season.

Our hoolies got the home game against them called off with a ground invasion and by the time we played them again there was a packed schedule and we lost. Giving them even more momentum to come back and come to 4 still.

The saved by Real and City season was last year.

But the poor season was with about 20 sets of centre backs and no fans. This season they've had a few injuries but not as critical in defence as Van dijk for one was in poor form anyway.

stevoc

They were 25 points ahead of City with 9 games to play (27 available points) and 10 games for City (30 points). It was legit title with no bs * next to it.

Liverpool ju
Very close margins there, could have gone either way if not for the season halting.

stevoc

They were miles ahead before the break. I'm all for laughing at the scousers but their title was deserved, they were the best team that season by some distance. You'd have to be Paul Merson levels of dim to believe covid had any affect on the outcome of the title
Indeed, but someone would have to be gabby agbonlahor levels of dim to not spot a concerted effort to wind scousers up.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Yeah, Klopp dismissed Hamann's opinions before. But...

... this is the reason and every German thinks Hamann is a stupid bellend as a pundit, that's not unique for Klopp.
Yeah I'm aware of Hamann's intellectual level and rent-a-quote punditry, but it surprised me that he actually managed to get under Klopp's skin the first time

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I what will happen if Liverpool suffer a big defeat to Everton on Monday, would it seal Jurgen's fate?
Let's hope so. Are there really any good free candidates right now?
Not sure what Tuchel would achieve with that squad, but i guess Poch might be interested.

NoPace

Seems harsh to fire a guy after not buying him a midfield.

Feels more and more like the move is to sell Salah to Madrid, who can upgrade from Asensio and get a real alternative to Benzema so he can rest or be subbed, then take the money and wages and buy a midfield with it. Play Diaz wide right to get crosses in for Nunez and Gapko and buy a young RW to develop there like Olise or Nico Williams or something for when Diaz is at LW (assuming Carvalho doesn't come good and Elliot is a #10 since his best skill is his neat passing and first touch and he lacks explosiveness).

The Purley King

Feels more and more like the move is to sell Salah to Madrid, who can upgrade from Asensio and get a real alternative to Benzema so he can rest or be subbed, then take the money and wages and buy a midfield with it. Play Diaz wide right to get crosses in for Nunez and Gapko and buy a young RW to develop there like Olise or Nico Williams or something for when Diaz is at LW (assuming Carvalho doesn't come good and Elliot is a #10 since his best skill is his neat passing and first touch and he lacks explosiveness).
He had the dough he just chose to spend it on Nunez and Gakpo.
This is all on Klopp………

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Had a Liverpool fan out with me last night. Basically in tears about the whole situation. He’s fully turned against Klopp, partly because of the results, partly because of the personality. He’s been a season ticket holder for years and I pointed out he won the league for them and he needs time. His exact response was “he won the league in a season decimated with corona and in front of no fans - we might as well not have won it” and I pointed out that they have a few injuries and he rightly pointed out other teams do as well. This guy is as die hard as it gets, so it looks like the jig might be up. When he heard the quote about the third goal he went to the bar to buy us all a round cuz “he was fed up of listening to the bull shit”!
Oh right, the RedCafe version of "my Scouse mate".

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Where do you get this tale from, Salah to Madrid?
Why would the club be interested now?

shahzy

If they fire klopp they are a bunch of idiots. He's the best thing thats happened to them in decades. The players are old now, the board doesnt have the money to consistently refreshing like all the top teams now need to do. Whilst hes not SAF levels of untouchable, he should be afforded multiple poor seasons and able to ship out the aging players and get new players

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they fire klopp they are a bunch of idiots. He's the best thing thats happened to them in decades. The players are old now, the board doesnt have the money to consistently refreshing like all the top teams now need to do. Whilst hes not SAF levels of untouchable, he should be afforded multiple poor seasons and able to ship out the aging players and get new players
He’s spent plenty. It’s been on shite.

3KDré

Let's hope so. Are there really any good free candidates right now?
Not sure what Tuchel would achieve with that squad, but i guess Poch might be interested.
Wow. I didn't even think of that, he would definitely be the most natural pick. I think he would definitely get them back challenging for top 4 with a midfield addition or two.

Loon

:lol:
Strong words from a club legend

What a load of bollocks. Could you imagine Neil Webb jumping on Fergie’s back regarding his treatment of journalists? I’m no fan of Klopp, but he should Allardyce in this clown’s face.

NoPace

He had the dough he just chose to spend it on Nunez and Gakpo.
This is all on Klopp………
I totally get going for Nunez because you have Diaz and Salah and no convincing striker and if Klopp wants to build another heavy metal side then he needs a midfield that can run all day and a forward to replace Salah as a runner in behind (with Salah needing to play likely a yard or 2 deeper and get more assists and shoot from range more - everyone gets old).

But going for Gapko over a midfielder was insane. I could see gambling on Fabinho and Thiago to pick back up in the 2nd half of the season as non-World Cup guys (Fabinho a couple bench minutes) and older, technical players (Carrick was always this way), but then you absolutely need a 99th percentile midfield runner with them. They should have prayed for one of Jota or Firmino to get healthy or hoped Elliot could do a job on the left tucked in a fair bit, signed Sabitzer outright for 30M and 25M on a medium-rated young midfielder who could pass and run in the last 30 minutes of games and hopefully develop into a player or at least be okay and sold on at no major loss in 2-3 years.

NoPace

Where do you get this tale from, Salah to Madrid?
Why would the club be interested now?
If the number isn't crazy, you need a backup 9 and could use an upgrade on Asensio this summer. Hazard and Diaz leave, Asensio probably stays as the backup RW and Salah in makes sense. Valverde back to midfield most of the time with Kroos going and maybe Bellingham in. Modric could fade at any time.

I just think it makes sense with your positional needs and Liverpool needing to clear wages and get a decent fee to sign a midfielder instead and kickstart a new team. Wouldn't be 100M or anything, but 50M might suit everyone.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If the number isn't crazy, you need a backup 9 and could use an upgrade on Asensio this summer. Hazard and Diaz leave, Asensio probably stays as the backup RW and Salah in makes sense. Valverde back to midfield most of the time with Kroos going and maybe Bellingham in. Modric could fade at any time.

I just think it makes sense with your positional needs and Liverpool needing to clear wages and get a decent fee to sign a midfielder instead and kickstart a new team. Wouldn't be 100M or anything, but 50M might suit everyone.
Buying an aging, declining star is not something we usually do, dont see it happening.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How do you buy into this pauper club myth?
They've bought Jota, Diaz, Gahkpo and Nunez over recent times all for fees between sizeable and huge.

Not diverting these fees into midfield is their issue, not no money.

Someone

Something
I'm curious to see his reaction if Liverpool end up being bought by an oil state. While he'd never say no to investment, over the years it felt like he's kinda against this model of ownership.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
I'm curious to see his reaction if Liverpool end up being bought by an oil state. While he'd never say no to investment, over the years it felt like he's kinda against this model of ownership.
He is usually vocal aboout City's spending, but chose not to comment yesterday. Maybe he is aware they are getting similar investors.

ShoePolish

I always thought getting Thiago was the wrong move by him. Brilliant player, but his midfield at that time already needed freshening up, and they went for a 29 yo, who can stay fit half a season, also seemed different type to Wijnaldum, who he was replacing.
Not investing in midfield since then is just plain neglect and now their defence seems to be in same position and attacking signings have been a miss.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

He’s already faded this season.

ShinjiNinja26

I hope Sean Dyche does a number on this prick like he did Arteta. Would love to hear what pathetic excuses Flopp will come up with this time, bound to be more outlandish than refusing to count a goal against his side. :lol:

Coxy

I hope Sean Dyche does a number on this prick like he did Arteta. Would love to hear what pathetic excuses Flopp will come up with this time, bound to be more outlandish than refusing to count a goal against his side. :lol:
‘Flopp’.

really??

I’m loving my life

If they do he needs to do the right thing and walk away from the club. If he doesn’t walk out then he needs to then shut up and never talk about it again. I guess we may see the latter from the hypocritical keyboard teeth feckwit

ShinjiNinja26

He’s a massive fecking hypocrite, you seen the way he changed his tune when he got quizzed on his comments he once made saying he’d walk away from the game the day he had to spend €100m on a player. He then spends €100m on Núñez and laughed it off saying maybe he was wrong. He’ll do the exact same if a state took over, he’d come out with some drivel like “it’s the way the games gone” “it’s the only way to compete nowadays” blah, blah.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Imagine this teeth dazzler against Fergie and his mind games, would've made mince meat out of him!

NoPace

I always thought getting Thiago was the wrong move by him. Brilliant player, but his midfield at that time already needed freshening up, and they went for a 29 yo, who can stay fit half a season, also seemed different type to Wijnaldum, who he was replacing.
Not investing in midfield since then is just plain neglect and now their defence seems to be in same position and attacking signings have been a miss.
I understood that one because if I remember right they lost in the CL due to not having a playmaker/passer of any kind versus I guess it must have been Atletico? They couldn't put them away even with a ton of possession and pinning them back and Llorente got them in the end on the counter.

NoPace

Buying an aging, declining star is not something we usually do, dont see it happening.
Yeah, it's a very Madrid before they got really sharp move, no question. I just think the need for a 9 and a RW and the lack of players who can cover both in one signing (looking at Transfermarkt, I'd say only Gnabry, Okafor and because he's on a free Zaha seem like guys that would also be useful as a RW and backup 9 option until Endrick gets there) and Salah being a perfect positional fit for that job makes it plausible. You did sign Hazard not that long ago to be fair, though may have learned from that.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, it's a very Madrid before they got really sharp move, no question. I just think the need for a 9 and a RW and the lack of players who can cover both in one signing (looking at Transfermarkt, I'd say only Gnabry, Okafor and because he's on a free Zaha seem like guys that would also be useful as a RW and backup 9 option until Endrick gets there) and Salah being a perfect positional fit for that job makes it plausible. You did sign Hazard not that long ago to be fair, though may have learned from that.
Hazard was a couple of years younger when signed than Salah will be in summer tbf, and showed no signs of slowing down, he just literally physically collapsed the moment he landed in Spain, difficult to predict that would happen.

Now, as for our right flank, its as dead as can be, so even declined Salah would improve it, no doubt, but no way we will have him on those wages, and a big transfer fee.