g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Juventuz goes into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Without having read any Details or comments I can understand they are pissed. Pogba has been clearly their best Player and their star man.
Paying 90+ Mio EUR for someone like Higuain seems to be some Kind of Panic reaction to Show everybody that they are among the biggest Clubs as well with enough spending power.
This deal makes the Price for Pogba look like a bargain.

Anyway I have big respect for Juve and their history. I can imagine how it feels to lose a midfield consisting of Pogba, Vidal and Pirlo in a time period of only 2 seasons.

bungdan

I'm not quite sure why there's so much bitterness from the users. He didn't move to a rival like Inter, he went to United (where they first purchased him from) for a very, large hefty sum they can use to add more quality for CL. He's also done everything he can for king and country, winning 4 league titles and 2 Coppas.

I honestly don't remember this level of hostility when Zidane was sold to Real.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Did you see the Grazie Pogba video Juventus posted on the offical website? of-course not.

It seems the man himself and club was more classy than the dimwits on juventuz forum and more of the arrogant posters here. I guess it makes sense to judge whole club and fanbase on the basis of one forum then I guess I know now what all Man United fans are on basis of Pogba and this thread.
Juve is the club of Platini,Davids, Del Piero and Zidane.

You can't help but respect that as a football fan. The problem with a lot of fans is that whenever someone insults United,they respond in equally tasteless behaviour as some sort of retort.

The words of some pre-hormonal teens on some poorly moderated forum won't stain my view of Juve or the majority of their fans.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They very much sound like English fans having a meltdown, which is probably what they are.

flappyjay

Their change of opinion on Higuain and Pogba is amazing. One from choker to the best possible player, other from world class CM to not good enough without Marchisio.
Hahaha I remember when Ronnie left and I said he wouldn't be the same without Wazza but deep down I knew he was gonna tear up la liga more than he did the Premier League....its a coping mechanism

flappyjay

I'm not quite sure why there's so much bitterness from the users. He didn't move to a rival like Inter, he went to United (where they first purchased him from) for a very, large hefty sum they can use to add more quality for CL. He's also done everything he can for king and country, winning 4 league titles and 2 Coppas.

I honestly don't remember this level of hostility when Zidane was sold to Real.
He also did not move to a ucl rival like Madrid, it makes their ucl dreams a bit more realistic

Hellboy

Read their statement, no good luck in the Europa League BS, no jib directed at United. Certainly not the Juve these 15 yo portray.

Kaos

How does losing a world class midfielder make their ucl dreams more realistic??
They still have an excellent squad and for all the jokes about Higuain's weight, I still think he'll do the business for them.

I still expect them to reach the last 4.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think even after losing Pogba they've got a stronger team than last year. They've done some smart business.

On a side note, I've had a look at their transfers on TransferMarkt. How many loans did they have last season??? They put Chelsea to shame.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
They still have an excellent squad and for all the jokes about Higuain's weight, I still think he'll do the business for them.

I still expect them to reach the last 4.
Pjanic is a really smart aquisition as well, in todays transfer market they managed a really good deal on him.

Kaos

Pjanic is a really smart aquisition as well, in todays transfer market they managed a really good deal on him.
Pjanic, Dybala, Higuain, Bonucci...they've got a pretty tasty core IMO.

They'll walk Serie A and be strong contenders for the CL again.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I don't think Juve have anything to lament. They got a player for a pittance and flipped him for the largest transfer fee ever in 2 years - this is not a team that is going to disappear despite selling Pogba.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Was this confirmed? :drool:

Geez, so not as bad a deal as I first feared! (Thought we'd be paying €125m to Juve plus €20m to Rioala). Good work by Woodward then.
Yes, confirmed by Juventus' statement.

flappyjay

Losing an important member of the squad is bad but losing him to a direct rival is worse. Juve have improved a lot with Alves, Pjanic and Higuaín whilst Real and Barca haven't made significant additions. Had Paul joined one of these two or Bayern things would be a bit harder

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think Juve have anything to lament. They got a player for a pittance and flipped him for the largest transfer fee ever in 2 years - this is not a team that is going to disappear despite selling Pogba.
I think they are lamenting the selling culture of the board more than the transfer itself. They've sold their best midfielder twice in the space of 2 years.

predator

Youth NITK
I like Juventus and always have done. I find it hard believe that real Torinese Juve fans will be so bitter about this - they may not be happy with the Higuian signing but they have lost many great players in the past and have dealt with it. They have been through this plenty of times.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
Pjanic, Dybala, Higuain, Bonucci...they've got a pretty tasty core IMO.

They'll walk Serie A and be strong contenders for the CL again.
Plus their incredible stable defense perfect to build on. Juve have been impressive on the transfer market during the last years and Marotta really has an eye for talents with expiring contracts and other bargain deals. I m disappointed though, that they have decided to do something totally contrary and signing Higuain for such a high sum. I know the striker marked is tiny, but nevertheless its a bad decision IMO.

BTW Juventuz is normally a very nice forum and the people there have a great sense of humor. This transfer saga has really brought the worst out of some, but others have been a gentleman from the beginning to the end.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The people on that forum seem to have Bluemoon levels of bitterness, but I just read the official statement on the Juventus website, it's one of the classiest departure statements I've seen. Really cool by Juve.

Manny

Grammar Police
The people on that forum seem to have Bluemoon levels of bitterness, but I just read the official statement on the Juventus website, it's one of the classiest departure statements I've seen. Really cool by Juve.
Probably felt the need to offset the racist cnuts on Tuz.

I did read it though. Real classy.

MounchesterUtd

They've resorted to comforting themselves over the fact that they didn't pay Mino's fee

Yet even that, they aren't too sure :lol:

vodrake

They've resorted to comforting themselves over the fact that they didn't pay Mino's fee

Yet even that, they aren't too sure :lol:
The mental gymnastics they're going through to try and ignore that Juventus themselves have announced they're only making 72.5m from the deal and to keep insisting that United have paid Raiola's fee on top of the 105m to comfort themselves, is quite impressive.

Fingeredmouse

Ahh, I get what you're saying. Never heard or read a bad thing about Baggio and Buffon off the pitch though.
Buffon has some fascist and right wing incidents in the pass, although he (im)plausible deniability. The 88 shirt at Parma and fascist slogans hand written on t-shirts, etc.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The words of some pre-hormonal teens on some poorly moderated forum won't stain my view of Juve or the majority of their fans.
The words you'll always read from a portion of the fanbase of a club once it loses their best player to a rival. It's no different over here, the meltdown frequency of the caf can keep up easily with the clubs who are being laughed at over here(well, with Bluemoon being the exception, they are really unique in terms of bitterness and persecution complexes).
Yet some people feel the need to elevate themselves over others whenever possible, and fail to realize that they operating with the same lack of class as the guys they are looking down upon.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I'll set the ball rolling with @snk123 post from Pogba thread.
I think he puts some of his points across quite well, though his bitterness/baiting is all too transparent

Juve are a big club, are in the ECL and I'd personally like them to continue to do well. Yes Zlatan is no spring chicken too. Where he's dead wrong is that we very much are a team on the up and we will be back competing in the ECL next year, and very possibly as champions of England again

Status
Not open for further replies.