La Liga - 2014/15

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
One of Marca's more endearing qualities is their ability to come up with odd stats, random records and sequences, and odd coincidences. In today's news then:

Denis Cheryshev scored his goal at the Camp Nou 17 years to the day after his father, Dimitri Cheryshev, scored at the Camp Nou for Sporting Gijon. In both cases, their teams lost.

Devil may care

The commentary on Barca's games on Sky is nauseating beyond belief, the actual commentator tries to hang off Messi's sack enough for 3 people but Uncle Gerry kicks him off every time, the guy is besotted with Messi, every little thing he does is "Magic from the wee man!" and it's just basic stuff loads of players have done that very weekend, if Neymar watches the games on Sky he'd feel totally unloved. :(

Anyway, the Barca vs Villareal game was very entertaining in spite of the two drooling fanboys, Villareal were really well set-up defensively and counter attacked very well but Barca just had too much for them in the end, Rafinha was particularly impressive, not as silky or flashy as his brother but stronger and more disciplined.

Swaters16

One of Marca's more endearing qualities is their ability to come up with odd stats, random records and sequences, and odd coincidences. In today's news then:

Denis Cheryshev scored his goal at the Camp Nou 17 years to the day after his father, Dimitri Cheryshev, scored at the Camp Nou for Sporting Gijon. In both cases, their teams lost.
I don't understand what kind of person has the time or dedication to find these stats

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't understand what kind of person has the time or dedication to find these stats
Simple enough. I've had to do similar stuff and there's a guy that I work with who keeps heaps of data like this.
It's a matter of knowing who his dad is. Check his record vs Barca and "hey, this is funny, let's post that"

Skorenzy

The commentary on Barca's games on Sky is nauseating beyond belief, the actual commentator tries to hang off Messi's sack enough for 3 people but Uncle Gerry kicks him off every time, the guy is besotted with Messi, every little thing he does is "Magic from the wee man!" and it's just basic stuff loads of players have done that very weekend, if Neymar watches the games on Sky he'd feel totally unloved. :(

Anyway, the Barca vs Villareal game was very entertaining in spite of the two drooling fanboys, Villareal were really well set-up defensively and counter attacked very well but Barca just had too much for them in the end, Rafinha was particularly impressive, not as silky or flashy as his brother but stronger and more disciplined.
Yup, tonight he played at the level that saw him one of La Liga's best MFs last season on loan at (Lucho's) Celta.

Devil may care

Yup, tonight he played at the level that saw him one of La Liga's best MFs last season on loan at (Lucho's) Celta.
With their transfer ban it will be interesting to see if he can cement himself as a starter for Barca over the next 18 months.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Very good performance from Rafinha yesterday. Did well in every category, that's what you expect from midfielders. Not a bad replacement for his elder brother.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Málaga are beating Valencia 1-0 at the minute, shame Sky think showing deadline day on two different channels is more interesting than a live La Liga match :rolleyes:

Matchday 16 Part II - The Game in Hand

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Real Madrid V Sevilla - 20:45 Spain, 19:45 UK.
Madrid's game in hand.

Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Khedira, Isco; James, Bale y Benzema.
Vs
Beto; Diogo Figueiras, Carriço, Kolo, Fernando Navarro; Krychowiak, Mbia, Iborra; Deulofeu, Vitolo y Bacca.

Last edited:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid V Sevilla - 20:45 Spain, 18:45 UK.
Madrid's game in hand.

Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Khedira, Isco; James, Bale y Benzema.
Vs
Beto; Diogo Figueiras, Carriço, Kolo, Fernando Navarro; Krychowiak, Mbia, Iborra; Deulofeu, Vitolo y Bacca.
Eh? Which of the two countries moved? :D

Last game without Ronaldo, let's hope we can make the gap 4 points.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is Bale actually playing up top like this?
I bet LVG would like him in that role for ourselves...

Skorenzy

Vitolo misses a 1v1 sitter in the opening minutes! Great reaction from Casillas.

Skorenzy

Ramos off with injury, Nacho on. Marcelo on a yellow from suspension as well. Might be costly come the derbi madrileño...

Skorenzy

Damn, missed the goal because stream was acting up. Sevilla hit the post, they could've easily had two already.

Skorenzy

Now Beto knocked out cold by Benzema's full weight, knee first into him... deserves a caution at least I'd think, not gonna happen.

Skorenzy

Incredible :lol: I went for a piss and missed the 2nd goal as well... all I've seen so far is Sevilla miss 3 sitters and 3 players going off injured, wtf