La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Iago Aspas of all people... almost kicks it over the goal as well... what a strange game

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Sevilla have wasted so many chances, looks like they've left it too late to score an equaliser.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Incidentally the temperature in Madrid tonight is 0C with a windchill, due to strong winds, to about -6. Which might be part of the reason for some of the errors and missed (apparent) sitters.

As things stand Madrid's defence for Atletico is: Carvajal, Nacho, Varane, Arbeloa.
Coentrao is injured as well.

Skorenzy

We're going to concede aren't we?
Nah, you're safe. Only 2 minutes added, plus Sevilla giving the ball away cheaply.

edit: and just when I say that Iborra almost with a great chance, goes to corner.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, between this and the Córdoba game I have no clue how you guys got 6pts from those two games :lol:
I actually agree. If we manage to get 3 against Atleti too at the weekend with all the injuries and suspensions, I'll be amazed.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
You'd almost have thought Cordoba and Sevilla wanted to lose those games. Some inexcusable mistakes

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Ramos out for three weeks - muscle injury.

Marcelo says he wants to appeal the yellow card.

According to Partida de las 12 (COPE radio show), Beto has damaged his shoulder. The Sevilla doctor says that Beto didn't lose consciousness, his CT scan is normal and he'll probably be out of hospital tomorrow.

RooneyLegend

Isco is looking better by the game, lad is absolute magic. Terrible line up by Emery, he let sevilla down like he used to valencia in the big games.

Bwuk

Isco is the man. So enjoyable to watch.

He'd look good in red next to Blind!

NoPace

Marcelo is such a great passer. Massive contributions in their last 2 wins.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Marcelo is such a great passer. Massive contributions in their last 2 wins.
His appeal was rejected so he'll miss the derby on Saturday. Arbeloa left back unless Coentrão recovers in time...not great.

NoPace

His appeal was rejected so he'll miss the derby on Saturday. Arbeloa left back unless Coentrão recovers in time...not great.
Yeah, that's a pretty serious loss. I wonder if Simeone should play Griezmann wide right and Koke central to give him an extra body in the middle and since Griezmann can just not track back since the left-wing should be Arbeloa-Jese and not Marcelo-Ronaldo.

Matchday 22 - 7 Feb - a derby ends 4-0 and a clash of giants

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Tonight:
Deportivo de La Coruña v Eibar 19:45 (from the BBC so all times are UK)

Sat 7 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Atl Madrid v Real Madrid 15:00
Villarreal v Granada CF 17:00
Levante v Málaga 19:00
Real Sociedad v Celta de Vigo 21:00

Sun 8 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Córdoba v Almería 11:00
Getafe v Sevilla 16:00
Espanyol v Valencia 18:00
Ath Bilbao v Barcelona 20:00

Mon 9 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Elche v Rayo Vallecano 19:45

So, one match is a real stand-out but as it's a Saturday 3pm kickoff I won't bother talking about it. Until later.

Traditionally you'd say Athletic can give anyone a game at home, however this season they've picked up 12 points in 10 home matches. Meanwhile Barcelona are hitting their best form of the season so it's hard to see past another win for them. That said, Barca lost there last year, and drew there for the previous two seasons. Iraola in suspended and Iturraspe is injured. Alves is a doubt for Barca.

Jaxa

You have to fan Atletico tomorrow, I think they will win especially with Reals injury list and Ronaldo still suspended (I think)

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
You have to fan Atletico tomorrow, I think they will win especially with Reals injury list and Ronaldo still suspended (I think)
Nah he was only given a 2 match ban which he's served, so he's back now.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Injury updates after the Real Madrid - Sevilla match.

James - out for 2-3 months with that foot fracture. Operated on "with success" yesterday.
Ramos - out for 5-6 weeks (according to Marca) with a pulled hamstring

Beto - the goalkeeper who Benzema collided with, out for 2-3 months with a damaged shoulder.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Sergio Ramos' injury is worse than they first thought - torn hamstring so he's out for 5/6 weeks and may miss the next clásico.

Edit: jojojo :(

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
how can Madrid simply cancel a yellow card like that? baffoon league

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Atletico have been beaten by Barca three times out of three this season, I think. Madrid will beat them too imo.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Tell me about it! Not liking our 3pm kickoffs at all. Daytime=PL nighttime=PD

Damn you, Florentino! :mad:
Agree with that. It's nice to kick back and watch La Liga late saturdag/sunday nights.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico have been beaten by Barca three times out of three this season, I think. Madrid will beat them too imo.
Nope, I'm pretty certain we'll be dropping points today. Or Ronaldo will have to play like a man possessed to make up for half our first team being out of this game.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That's true but Madrid haven't beat Atlético in 5 games so I'm not sure how relevant the Barça results.