g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Barça terrible, Messi, Suárez, Neymar poor, Rakitic, Bartra and Alba great. Granada doing very well and unlucky not to have scored by now, also quite unlucky with the goal they conceded.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, would agree with that. I think Bartra deserves to play more after his recent performances, certainly over Mathieu anyway.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
My stupid stream is delayed by like 3 or 4 minutes now since half time, got a notification about the goal before I watched it :(

Skorenzy

Excellent dribble from Lass, wins the pen

Fran Rico puts it away, Granada pull one back, 1-2!

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Granada score a penalty. Maybe a bit soft but hard to argue too much against it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Suárez looked well onside there to me. Strange call by the linesman.

Skorenzy

Mathieu gets so lucky there, not with the call, but with the Granada player being off balance, because he'd been totally done.

Skorenzy

Barça really struggling, Granada in the ascendancy, Messi needs to step up... Neymar complete non-factor and Suárez is 50/50 whether he'll be onside or not :lol: Rakitic their saviour so far.

They need Busquets and/or Iniesta to get some control over the centre of MF. Lucho puts Rafinha in...?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Strangely unselfish there by Suárez. Sets up Messi for 3-1 when he could have just tapped in.

Great again by Rakitic, and Suárez was probably leaning offside...

Skorenzy

What the fck Suárez... :lol: if they'd fcked that up... as it stands that's a good confidence booster for Messi, but way too risky given the situation

Granada refusing to back down still..

Skorenzy

Strangely unselfish there by Suárez. Sets up Messi for 3-1 when he could have just tapped in.

Great again by Rakitic, and Suárez was probably leaning offside...

Rakitic MOTM by a mile. ... and Messi tapped that in with his right foot I think? hah

Skorenzy

Hah, Messi was offside for the goal, beyond the GK and only one defender in front. Similar to one of Cristiano's goals v Depor earlier in the season... those are hard to call for linesmen though

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Hah, Messi was offside for the goal, beyond the GK and only one defender in front. Same as with Cristiano's goal v Depor earlier in the season... those are hard to call for linesmen though
And yeah if Cristiano also had an offside goal, it instantly makes it better. Was offside but it was hard to call

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Messi has been poor today, just scuffed another chance (though he did play Neymar in nicely a few mins ago).

Suárez not happy at being subbed.

Skorenzy

And yeah if Cristiano also had an offside goal, it instantly makes it better. Was offside but it was hard to call
No need to get defensive, I was just using that example because it's the only one in recent times that I could recall of a similar situation (player receiving a ball behind the GK) where it was extremely complicated for the linesman to judge the offside. ;)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No need to get defensive, I was just using that example because it's the only one in recent times that I could recall of a similar situation (player ahead of the GK) where it was extremely complicated for the linesman to judge the offside. ;)
I´m not defensive at all. I just found it funny you had it on your memory. After losing to Wolfsburg in the Europa League i've been with a dire sense of humor

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I love the "best league in the world" intro before the games but then i watch Licá and Manucho playing and i get confused

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Whoscored demonstrating the problem with only using stats to evaluate performances...They say Messi was MOTM :houllier:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Neymar has been beyond useless today..
His 2nd half of the season disappearing act, or what we locally refer to as Cescing up, should be a concern. Although he should've been credited for an assist when Messi inexplicably missed a sitter (Words rarely uttered). Suarez has to get MOTM, because he was involved in all 3 goals but very nearly the best match for the Suisse/Croat in blaugrana colors. Rakitic's influence has been absent for a long time and I started to wonder if he was ever going to creep back into the forefront - great character & spirit. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Luis had every right to be pissed at the substitution, Lucho got that one very wrong - should've been Pedro on for Neymar. Even teammates had to question that choice.

Midfield remains an issue for me as Barcelona are often reduced to counterattacks or 'lump & dump', bybassing any control or influence via the midfield and rely on the genius of the trident. There's more scrap to their game now but they still look like a team lacking control and it's clear that it stems from the midfield

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Alberto Bueno just scored 4 goals in a 14 minute period to turn the game from 0-1 down to 4-1

Last edited:

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone mentioned that Rayo Vallencano player Alberto Bueno just scored 4 goals in a 14 minute period to turn the game from 0-1 down to 4-1 up?

Boycott

Away at Valencia tomorrow, on Sky I think.
Defeat beckons. Away to a strong side. Strangely enough Moyes's Spanish adventures has got me into watching more Spanish football. Two mid table Spanish clubs is a fun game to watch.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Defeat beckons. Away to a strong side. Strangely enough Moyes's Spanish adventures has got me into watching more Spanish football. Two mid table Spanish clubs is a fun game to watch.
Harsh calling Valencia mid table :D

Just a heads up, the match is at 11am UK time tomorrow if you were planning on watching it, just in case you were expecting an evening kick off...

Hojoon

Wouldn't call Valencia mid table. Fourth in the league, only 3 points behind Atlético.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Whoscored demonstrating the problem with only using stats to evaluate performances...They say Messi was MOTM :houllier:
Rakitic was 0.04 away from being MOTM. I think it's been mentioned somewhere before that Whoscored seems to have the balance off when it comes to dribbles. On the whole though it tends to get it right and the MOTM awards are fairly varied.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Moyes Boys have no chance against Nuno, it´s 2-0 Valência 2x Piatti Atlético has to be careful with their 3rd spot