La Liga - 2014/15

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

If you enjoyed that, just search 'Ray Hudson Messi' on youtube and thank me later.

Matchday 26 - 7 March - Barcelona go top

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some good games in La Liga this weekend.

Today (all times UK)
Levante v Eibar 19:45

Sat 7 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Deportivo de La Coruña v Sevilla 15:00
Ath Bilbao v Real Madrid 17:00
Elche v Almería 19:00
Granada CF v Málaga 21:00

Sun 8 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Barcelona v Rayo Vallecano 11:00
Real Sociedad v Espanyol 16:00
Villarreal v Celta de Vigo 18:00
Atl Madrid v Valencia 20:00

Mon 9 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Córdoba v Getafe 19:45

Real Madrid 61 points, Barcelona 59, Atletico 54, Valencia 53

It's a big weekend for Real Madrid. They've been unconvincing since Christmas, the front three are misfiring and Kroos is showing the strain of a big summer, a tough season and no Modric. Couple that with no Ramos and Varane looking a bit less comfortable each match and they aren't in the best shape for a hard match. For Madrid, Athletic away is almost always a hard match and Athletic are finally showing a few signs of better form. However Athletic had a tough midweek Copa SF and Madrid really need to get all three points. It could be quite a contest.

Rayo are generally speaking a nice football team, so they're expected to get soundly thrashed at the Camp Nou on Sunday morning. Barca's last home game was a 1-0 defeat by Malaga and the home games that follow this are against City and then Real Madrid so they may be particularly keen to make the crowd happy.

Atletico Vs Valencia is another really good looking match. One point between them. Miranda and Griezmann are suspended but Gimenez, Torres and maybe Koke, should be available. Incidentally the rumours that Simeone wants to get rid of Mandzukic at the end of the season continue - mutterings of "poor attitude" being heard alongside the criticism of his performances.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Levante 2 Eibar 1. That maintains Levante's position just above the relegation zone, but it's bad news for Eibar who scored the first goal of the night.

That Eibar goal was only the second time they've scored in the last 7 matches, and this was their seventh defeat on the run. They're on 27 points, the top placed relegation club is Almeria with 21 and a game in hand. In other words, after their wonderful start in La Liga, Eibar are now in danger of falling into the dogfight.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Hard to see anything but a 3-1 win for Real at the San Mames. Even with Athletic reaching the final and all, they are not convincing enough this season. I love our games against Rayo as they just go for it and give us plenty of spaces in the back, a change from the usual buses we play against. Confident of a good game, especially with Neymar out who needs some rest and time to get his shit together.

Atletico vs Valencia will be a banger.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Illarramendi gets a rare start for Real Madrid in just over half an hour, Lucas Silva makes way. Real Madrid otherwise as expected, Carlo really doesn't do rotation, does he? :D

Athletic Club: Iraozoz, Iraola, Balenziaga, Etxeita, Gurpegui, Beñat, Mikel Rico, De Marcos, Muniain, Aduriz e Iñaki Williams

PvsNP

Illarramendi gets a rare start for Real Madrid in just over half an hour, Lucas Silva makes way. Real Madrid otherwise as expected, Carlo really doesn't do rotation, does he? :D

Athletic Club: Iraozoz, Iraola, Balenziaga, Etxeita, Gurpegui, Beñat, Mikel Rico, De Marcos, Muniain, Aduriz e Iñaki Williams
Carletto doesn't seem to know what rotation is.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Carletto doesn't seem to know what rotation is.
Modrić and James being injured doesn't help, but he definitely needs to rest the big names more. I think it's a big reason for their fatigued performances post-Christmas.

Jesé in particular has been underused.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Gurpegui with a crucial clearance there. Game has livened up now.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Oh and while I remember, Otamendi was ruled out for over a month after suffering a grade 2 ankle sprain. He returned to training after only a few days and is now in their squad for tomorrow's game. What a nut case.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
1-0 Bilbao, well-timed ball in and a good header.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Aduriz has to be one of the best headers of the ball around. Outstanding goal.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So that's the 8th time he has scored to make it 1-0?? That's really impressive (compared to scoring a goal when your team is winning anyway).

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Real seem to be off form, they go for easy and direct balls far too often.
They've been pretty stinking since Christmas I'd say. Even in a lot of their winning games they've underperformed.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Is it because of BBC trio being out of form? Because everytime I watch them Isco and Kroos are doing fine job so that's my guess.
Possibly. The injuries to Pepe, James, Modrić and Ramos haven't helped either, and I think that Kroos has been overplayed which is starting to show now. But yeah, the front 3 aren't performing at the minute.

Not 100% sure on this stat but it's roughly accurate - 37 of Aduriz's 122 league goals have been headed goals!! :eek:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Oh and now if Kroos gets booked against Levante next week he's out of the Clásico...

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Possibly. The injuries to Pepe, James, Modrić and Ramos haven't helped either, and I think that Kroos has been overplayed which is starting to show now. But yeah, the front 3 aren't performing at the minute.

Not 100% sure on this stat but it's roughly accurate - 37 of Aduriz's 122 league goals have been headed goals!! :eek:
Yeah, I always thought it's quite weird that they play almost the same line-up every week. It's getting tough for them.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good run from Marcelo, Real Madrid should've capatalised there.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
La Liga refs are really strange about stoppage time. Should have let Madrid have that corner.