La Liga - 2014/15

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Noooobody wanted to listen to me when I said that Kroos is just a very specific answer to a very specific question :) He's probably the best answer to this question, but still. They need to drop one of Rodriguez, Modric or Kroos asap. But then they will rely on Khedira entirely because they haven't really got any DM's left and even he is more of a box-to-box player, albeit a defensivly strong one.
Khedira is injured for a few weeks

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Benzema has scored only 2 of Real Madrid's last 43 goals in all competitions.

The link-up maestro.

That spans 18 games too, terrible record for Benzema. I'm actually one of his biggest fans and think that he's one of the best strikers in the world during the build up, but that only goes so far. He has to be scoring a lot more than that as first choice Real Madrid striker, even if it's not his main quality

gaucho_10

Yeah can't imagine the fans will be happy if Perez does sack Carlo, barring a catastrophe. It's just that when it comes to Perez, even the impossible seems possible with him. Selling Di Maria might rank as one of the worst pieces of business since Alonso at Liverpool. The entire United fanbase thanks Perez the lunatic. Must be frustrating as a Madrid fan to see your president act like a spoilt kid wanting new toys every year.
It is frustrating, but it really needs to be pointed out that both Xabi and Di Maria wanted to leave. Them leaving is not the real problem, it shouldn't have been a problem at all, but our president made sure it becomes one. Lack of balance in the squad is Perez fault. People need to remember that the only manager who got to pick his players in Madrid was Mourinho.

As for Ancelotti, we have only one DM in the squad and Carlo doesn't trust him. In CL final he played Khedira straight back from season long ACL injury, even though he is just an awful option for lone DM role. Prior to the final game, he usually played Illarra when he was resting Modric and of course that midfield with Xabi and Illarra on the pitch at the same time looked static and dull. It made Illarra look lesser player then he is because he was usually played out of position.
Now he is playing Kroos in DM. There was even talk about moving Bale to midfield or Varane to DM before Atletico game. This nonsense is all down to Ancelotti.

In the end, it looks like Perez is shoehorning Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and James in the line up, and Ancelotti just doesn't want to bench Modric or Kroos so we're playing 4-2-4 with Benzema and James playing in the same position.

These are average positions from Saturday game:

You see the problem here perfectly. James and Benzema like to occupy the same space but none of them is a striker making of the ball runs into the box.
This is a textbook example of lack of balance in the team and the solution is simple. Bench one of them, put Illarra in DM role and give more freedom to Kroos and Modric and more space to the striker (false nine). Everyone sees it except our manager, a manager who talked about balance, balance and only balance as the most important factor throughout whole last season. Makes you feel like an idiot listening to his interviews this season. It's like he's in a parallel universe where everything is normal, except he is on LSD.

Raul Madrid

:) Lighten up mate. You know which club is known to be a circus and an unstable environment. Your examples pale in comparison since most of them are not even true or vented by a majority, just singular actions by idiots. Besides, my main point regards the players dressing room and Perez's clowning. You know that a year doesn't pass by where we don't hear about these clashes in the dressing room. As big an idiot and scum Rosell is, we already knew he was a corrupt bastard since Laporta's days. It was no surprise. Another year or 2 and Bartomeu will follow him.

I know they are. That was the point.
Both? And one of them are also known to be complete hypocrites. Its funny how you say my examples are not true, yet you are talking about clashes in the dressing room, most of which are made up or exaggerated and the same things have been reported about Barcelona, especially during rijkaards last years (Ronaldinho and etoo for example). There were also reports of xavi arguing with martino over tactics and how the team should be playing. As for perezs clowning, well its not like rosell was the only president at barcelona doing that. There was plenty of that going around when gaspart was there if I recall correctly. There were also quite a lot of spying claims when laporta was there too (another example of his clowning would be the whole ibrahimovich and fabregas sagas). I am under no illusions about my club but it is clear that you are. If you think Madrid are worse than barcelona fair enough, but after the things barcelona have done they are in no position to mock others or to act morally superior. We can keep going around in circles here arguing but its basically the pot calling the kettle black.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Both? And one of them are also known to be complete hypocrites. Its funny how you say my examples are not true, yet you are talking about clashes in the dressing room, most of which are made up or exaggerated and the same things have been reported about Barcelona, especially during rijkaards last years (Ronaldinho and etoo for example). There were also reports of xavi arguing with martino over tactics and how the team should be playing. As for perezs clowning, well its not like rosell was the only president at barcelona doing that. There was plenty of that going around when gaspart was there if I recall correctly. There were also quite a lot of spying claims when laporta was there too (another example of his clowning would be the whole ibrahimovich and fabregas sagas). I am under no illusions about my club but it is clear that you are. If you think Madrid are worse than barcelona fair enough, but after the things barcelona have done they are in no position to mock others or to act morally superior. We can keep going around in circles here arguing but its basically the pot calling the kettle black.
How am I acting superiorly? I just pointed out the fact that soap opera has begun early this season, from Di Maria to Iker to Perez. You got all touchy about it. Did I say there has been no drama before in Barca? No.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It is frustrating, but it really needs to be pointed out that both Xabi and Di Maria wanted to leave. Them leaving is not the real problem, it shouldn't have been a problem at all, but our president made sure it becomes one. Lack of balance in the squad is Perez fault. People need to remember that the only manager who got to pick his players in Madrid was Mourinho.

As for Ancelotti, we have only one DM in the squad and Carlo doesn't trust him. In CL final he played Khedira straight back from season long ACL injury, even though he is just an awful option for lone DM role. Prior to the final game, he usually played Illarra when he was resting Modric and of course that midfield with Xabi and Illarra on the pitch at the same time looked static and dull. It made Illarra look lesser player then he is because he was usually played out of position.
Now he is playing Kroos in DM. There was even talk about moving Bale to midfield or Varane to DM before Atletico game. This nonsense is all down to Ancelotti.

In the end, it looks like Perez is shoehorning Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and James in the line up, and Ancelotti just doesn't want to bench Modric or Kroos so we're playing 4-2-4 with Benzema and James playing in the same position.

You see the problem here perfectly. James and Benzema like to occupy the same space but none of them is a striker making of the ball runs into the box.
This is a textbook example of lack of balance in the team and the solution is simple. Bench one of them, put Illarra in DM role and give more freedom to Kroos and Modric and more space to the striker (false nine). Everyone sees it except our manager, a manager who talked about balance, balance and only balance as the most important factor throughout whole last season. Makes you feel like an idiot listening to his interviews this season. It's like he's in a parallel universe where everything is normal, except he is on LSD.
Both wanted to leave? Di Maria has only stated otherwise, that he was forced out.

That average position chart doesn't look odd beside Benzema and James. I'm not sure James is used to the "left winger" and "striker" playing that way. He's looked lost so far. If you would bench him it would fix a lot of problems, even if he isn't replaced with a proper holding midfielder. Basically the same formation as last year when Alonso, Modric and Di Maria were together.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member

But wasn't Kroos moved to CM at Bayern because he doesn't enter the box as much as a #10 should? Anyways, its not a bad idea

And I agree that James isn't ready to start for Madrid. Even at the WC he was getting so much attention, but it was Cuadrado and even Gutierrez (nutjob who plays in argentinian league) who scared me the most in that match

gaucho_10

Both wanted to leave? Di Maria has only stated otherwise, that he was forced out.
Every summer when he would go back to Argentina there were "if", "I hope" or "maybe" statements coming from him. He got improved contract in the last season with Mou and as soon as he signed it his form went to shit.
It's really a different perspective for a Real Madrid fan when it comes to Di Maria. No, we didn't want him to leave, but giving him 7 mil € net after 3 months of consistency (that followed 6 months of bad form) would have been a bad move for the club. It would make Perez look like Di Maria's bitch and players like Modric or Ramos would probably be in front of his office the next day wanting new contracts. It would inevitably create issues in the locker room.

Di Maria used the situation (CL MOM and consistently good performances at the end of the season) to get the most money and that's all there is to it. Anyone with average IQ and some common sense would do the same. Like they say, carpe diem!

Football players say whatever they need to say and lie without shame. Falcao is the perfect example. He's frineds with Ronaldo, he was having dinners with Perez and he kept saying that Real Madrid is his dream club. He was allegedly ready to take significant cut on his salary just to play for his dream club. The deal didn't go through and he's now at his other dream club, Manchester United.
If you don't buy him at the end of next season, we'll find out the name of his third dream club.
Players from Europe are much more measured in their statements in the media, South American players more often say whatever is convenient for them at that point..

Ish

Lights on for Luke
As for Ancelotti, we have only one DM in the squad and Carlo doesn't trust him. This nonsense is all down to Ancelotti.

This is a textbook example of lack of balance in the team and the solution is simple. Bench one of them, put Illarra in DM role and give more freedom to Kroos and Modric and more space to the striker (false nine). Everyone sees it except our manager, a manager who talked about balance, balance and only balance as the most important factor throughout whole last season.
That's very harsh on Ancelotti, IMO, especialy when it's probably forced upon him to play all 3 of Ronaldo, Bale and James. You can probably add the other Perez shiny new toy in there - Kroos. Unless he moves Ronaldo to CF, he has to play Benzema as well. So the (lack of) balance is actually forced on him.

It wasn't his decision to sell AdM or Alonso. I doubt he even wanted James (they really didn't need him). And it would be insane to ask him to drop Modric - who was one of your top performers last season.

It's a bit of a mess now but IMO, it's very harsh to put the lack of balance down to CA.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Every summer when he would go back to Argentina there were "if", "I hope" or "maybe" statements coming from him. He got improved contract in the last season with Mou and as soon as he signed it his form went to shit.
It's really a different perspective for a Real Madrid fan when it comes to Di Maria. No, we didn't want him to leave, but giving him 7 mil € net after 3 months of consistency (that followed 6 months of bad form) would have been a bad move for the club. It would make Perez look like Di Maria's bitch and players like Modric or Ramos would probably be in front of his office the next day wanting new contracts. It would inevitably create issues in the locker room.

Di Maria used the situation (CL MOM and consistently good performances at the end of the season) to get the most money and that's all there is to it. Anyone with average IQ and some common sense would do the same. Like they say, carpe diem!

Football players say whatever they need to say and lie without shame. Falcao is the perfect example. He's frineds with Ronaldo, he was having dinners with Perez and he kept saying that Real Madrid is his dream club. He was allegedly ready to take significant cut on his salary just to play for his dream club. The deal didn't go through and he's now at his other dream club, Manchester United.
If you don't buy him at the end of next season, we'll find out the name of his third dream club.
Players from Europe are much more measured in their statements in the media, South American players more often say whatever is convenient for them at that point..
Falcao is friends with Ronaldo? Come off it. Ronaldo is barely friends with anyone. He's friendly with people but he doesn't socialize much. He's got his work and his family and that's it.

Di Maria's form went to shit because he signed a contract...did you just give Benzema a new one as well then? Or maybe it's just football form? Of course players use this and that to get a better contract. As long as they keep on training and playing when doing that it's fine. Personally I think you're way too influenced by what is said in the papers. The papers haven't got a clue. There's little different between them and the ones you see with Paris Hilton walking her dog and a headline that reads "She walks the dog!". If you hear anything personal about a player and it doesn't come from his or his wife's mouth than you can bet it's bullshit.

Matchday 4 - 19 Sep

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This weekend in La Liga - incidentally they play a full schedule again midweek. So there will be Liga matches every day for the next ten days.

Friday - all times UK

Tonight it's La Liga's minnows in action
Elche v Eibar 20:00

Sat 20 Sep 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Deportivo de La Coruña v Real Madrid 15:00
Ath Bilbao v Granada CF 17:00
Atl Madrid v Celta de Vigo 19:00
Espanyol v Málaga 21:00

Sun 21 Sep 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Real Sociedad v Almería 11:00
Villarreal v Rayo Vallecano 16:00
Córdoba v Sevilla 18:00
Levante v Barcelona 20:00

Mon 22 Sep 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Getafe v Valencia 19:45

Barcelona remain the only team on full points and, though Levante away can be a hard game (in every sense), the chances are they'll keep it up. Enrique is quietly creating the next Barca and winning as he does it.

Valencia, Atletico and Sevilla are 2 points behind Barca, 7 points after three games and all three will be expected to win this weekend.

Real Madrid have only 3 points, that's one behind newly promoted Deportivo. They'll be hoping to take their CL form into that match, both the goals (5 different goalscorers) and things like James' distance covered stat 11.2km (bettered only by Kroos with 11.4km) as the start of Ancelotti's new team taking shape. Pepe's out, so Varane plays.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hey guys, is it possible for a B team and it's parent team to play each other in a cup game, or is it not possible?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ahh cheers, I know they can't get promoted to the top division but what would happen if one won the segunda or second league I mean?
No - teams from the same club can't play in the same division. When Villareal got relegated a couple of years back their B team got relegated to make way in Liga 2, and their C team got relegated from the 2Bs into Liga 3.

B teams were allowed to enter the Copa years ago. In fact Real Madrid beat their B team (the Castilla) 6-1 in the 1980 final.

Skorenzy

Hey guys, is it possible for a B team and it's parent team to play each other in a cup game, or is it not possible?
It used to be possible until the RFEF changed it in the early 90s I believe. Real Madrid's B team, Castilla, once reached the Copa del Rey final and got thrashed by the A team, but they qualified for next season's Cup Winners' Cup anyway where they played West Ham and won the 1st leg 3-1 before succumbing 5-1 in the away leg.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/31/team-ever-played-reserves-cup-final

@jojojo oh wow, literally 5 seconds ahead of me :D damn

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Ahh cheers, I know they can't get promoted to the top division but what would happen if one won the segunda or second league I mean?
Not sure about whether they'd be awarded the title (I think they would, but not 100%). As for promotion, 2nd and 3rd would get automatic promotion instead of 1st and second, with 4th/5th/6th/7th making the play-offs instead of 3rd-6th.

Skorenzy

Not sure about whether they'd be awarded the title (I think they would, but not 100%). As for promotion, 2nd and 3rd would get automatic promotion instead of 1st and second, with 4th/5th/6th/7th making the play-offs instead of 3rd-6th.
Yeah, Castilla won the Segunda title in 1983-84 while Athletic Bilbao's B team finished as runners-up, which led to this odd looking final table: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segunda_División_de_España_1983/84#Clasificaci.C3.B3n_final

(not that surprising if you look at some of the names in the scoring charts)

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
No - teams from the same club can't play in the same division. When Villareal got relegated a couple of years back their B team got relegated to make way in Liga 2, and their C team got relegated from the 2Bs into Liga 3.

B teams were allowed to enter the Copa years ago. In fact Real Madrid beat their B team (the Castilla) 6-1 in the 1980 final.
Jesus, didn't know this happened. That's a lot of people pissed off at the players from the first team I bet! :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Postiga :lol: Depor wants to get relegated again?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Great header Ronaldo and what a goal by Hames!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Depor :lol: Horrible defence. Not surprising with Lux, Luisinho and that horrible Benfica flop Sidnei. How he keeps getting loan deals is beyond me