La Liga - 2014/15

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Sharing this, Revista de la Liga (Sky's) goals of 2014. Some absolute howitzers in this compilation...

Reactions: KM

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Very good victory for Atletico last night. They wont win the league this year but it's important for them to solidify themselves as top team after the past few years. Not put in that many great performances in the league this season yet, which is to be expected after last years heroics but it's good to see the hunger is still there in them. Simeone is a genius. Also very happy for Griezmann, can't help but feel it's been a bit of a frustrating time for him so far since the big money move but what a way to finish the year for him.

As far as the other signings go, I'm not so sure if Cerci will be around for much longer. Hasn't started a league game yet and hasn't impressed much in his cameos either. Raul Jimenez has looked out of his depth in some of his performances, although he's still young but it was always going to be hard for him after his previous comments about Real Madrid... Oblak is a strange one. One of the most expensive keepers out there, yet it's 2 million Moya who is the number one after having a very solid season so far. Mandzukic has been good, obviously filling Costa's boots was going to be difficult but he's scoring plenty without offering as much of an all round game. They still lack some creative spark at times, and Simeone does go super defensive in some away games but after xmas hopefully a decent run with both Griezmann and Mandzukic in the starting XI will help towards scoring more often, and more frequently. Can't rely on set pieces all the time no matter how good they are at them.

Angel Correa is now an Atletico player, after having a career threatening heart surgery. Very excited to see him play.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Pablo Hernandez's goal against Atletico is my favourite. So audacious .

Matchday 17 - 3 January - Barca, Madrid lose. Atleti, Valencia, Moyes win

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend.

Sat 3 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Atl Madrid v Levante 15:00
Sevilla v Celta de Vigo 17:00
Elche v Villarreal 19:00
Deportivo de La Coruña v Ath Bilbao 21:00
Málaga v Almería 21:00

Sun 4 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Getafe v Rayo Vallecano 11:00
Valencia v Real Madrid 16:00
Espanyol v Eibar 18:00
Real Sociedad v Barcelona 20:00

Mon 5 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Córdoba v Granada CF 19:45

A couple of interesting games in there, though inevitably the most interesting one I'll miss most of. To add a bit of extra spice to the weekend, it's worth remembering that on Wednesday Atletico Madrid will play Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey.

Atletico have what ought to be a straightforward home game with Levante. Miranda's still injured. Torres isn't available for this but may be registered in time for the Real Madrid game.

Valencia had a grim start to the weekend. Their kitman collapsed during an open training session in front of the fans and had to be taken to hospital, it's believed to have been a stroke.

For tomorrow's match with Madrid Valencia are missing Javi Fuego (suspended). Their new signing Enzo Perez may make his debut. Madrid have injury doubts over Marcelo and Ramos. It could be a cracking game. Real Madrid have been on this winning run for a while now, but it'll end somewhere and Valencia are the start of a tough week for them.

Barcelona go to Real Sociedad. Real have beaten Real Madrid and Atletico at home, so it's not as obvious a result as you might think. Messi, Neymar, Alves only returned to training on Friday after an extra couple of days holiday, so it's not obvious that they'll all be there.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Sergio Ramos has been ruled out of tomorrow's game now. Marcelo passed fit though.

Skorenzy

A couple of interesting games in there, though inevitably the most interesting one I'll miss most of. To add a bit of extra spice to the weekend, it's worth remembering that on Wednesday Atletico Madrid will play Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey.

Atletico have what ought to be a straightforward home game with Levante. Miranda's still injured. Torres isn't available for this but may be registered in time for the Real Madrid game.

Valencia had a grim start to the weekend. Their kitman collapsed during an open training session in front of the fans and had to be taken to hospital, it's believed to have been a stroke.

For tomorrow's match with Madrid Valencia are missing Javi Fuego (suspended). Their new signing Enzo Perez may make his debut. Madrid have injury doubts over Marcelo and Ramos. It could be a cracking game. Real Madrid have been on this winning run for a while now, but it'll end somewhere and Valencia are the start of a tough week for them.

Barcelona go to Real Sociedad. Real have beaten Real Madrid and Atletico at home, so it's not as obvious a result as you might think. Messi, Neymar, Alves only returned to training on Friday after an extra couple of days holiday, so it's not obvious that they'll all be there.
I disagree, the obvious result would be Barça not winning, based on their performances away from home this season and on their recent away record at Anoeta -- since La Real returned to Primera in 10/11 Barça haven't won there once in 5 attempts (2 draws, 3 losses). The only factor that could mess it up is Moyes' penchant for "breaking" such streaks. :D

On that note, the next two jornadas are vital for Barça: La Real (A) this weekend, Atléti (H) the next. If the Anoeta "curse" holds and RM continue on their extraordinary run of form and after that Barça don't beat Atléti (something which they weren't able to do in 6 meetings last season), that would be a massive psychological blow and could already be the title right there.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Griezmann continues his scoring form to put Atlético 1 nil up.

Skorenzy

Is the stat about Atletico scoring 19 out of 34 goals from headers true ? They put to shame any teams from the U.K :lol:
Very likely yes, they score loads from set-pieces with the CBs and Mandzukic, Raúl García and even Griezmann score headers regularly as well. They started off the season with like 10 goals from set-pieces in a row.

Hojoon

Nabil El Zhar scored against Atléti today. There's a blast from the past.

prarek

Griezmann is boss but i have been very impressed with Gimenez. This lad has all the tools to be a world class center back in future.

Skorenzy

Screamer from Víctor Rodríguez, inside of the post and bulletted in. Brilliant. 2-2!

Skorenzy

Vietto is tearing them up but Cheryshev can't put away his perfect cut-back.

Dylan94

That's by far the best 45 minutes of Spanish football that I've seen from two teams in a long time. Brilliant stuff.

Skorenzy

Elche pressing high and creating the most danger in the opening 10 of the 2nd half. Gabriel Paulista and especially Víctor Ruíz have been defending well though. Villarreal captain Bruno showing his class too.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Some bright talents in this Villareal team. I like Moi Gomez and Vietto in particular, although Jonathan (if you still label him a talent) and Cheryshev are good players too.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Elche-Villareal had the distinction of being one of the few games I've watched recently where I wanted both teams to win. Elche because they were my borrowed local team for a while. They got back in Liga 1 last season after twenty years bouncing between Liga 2 and 2B, and I'm not ready to see them relegated so fast. Villareal because their own recovery from relegation and their teambuilding really impresses me. A draw didn't do much for either team really.

Oh well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very likely yes, they score loads from set-pieces with the CBs and Mandzukic, Raúl García and even Griezmann score headers regularly as well. They started off the season with like 10 goals from set-pieces in a row.
This is very impressive, set pieces are a great tool for scoring.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Around 40k turned up at Vicente Calderón to welcome Torres back to Atlético, fantastic stuff. I know it's cool to laugh at Torres these days but I really hope it all works out for him, he's clearly never going to be as good as he was but a good squad player would be nice.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Diego Alves; Orban, Otamendi, Mustafi; Barragán, Parejo, Enzo Pérez, Piatti; André Gomes; Negredo y Alcácer.
Vs
Casillas, Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Kroos, Isco, James, Bale, Cristiano y Benzema.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Enzo Pérez starts? Apparently it wasn't that hard to break into Valência's eleven as some claimed.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Getting pretty sick of these soft Madrid penalties. Didn't look like a foul on Bale originally either. May be my poor quality sky go stream though.