La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Luis is not having one of the best games today. Booked after a lunge on Arda.

prarek

Good save from Stegen. Not sure if it was going over though.

Enigma_87

You know who
Nothing to see really. Any PL team can beat one of these sides, but they would do it once every 10 times.

Barcelona has too much quality and ATM has the best tactical order and stamina, and a powerful atack aswell.
Their defence is great really. What is it 20 goals conceded in the last 44 games or something?

There was a time not long ago Barca would stuff them 5-6 nil at Camp Nou. Can't remember the last time they conceded more than 2 in the league.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
3 minutes add on with all that cynical time killing

When will I be president of FIFA?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That moment when Alba runs to the ref after missing his chance, sums him up as a player. Cares more about the opposition getting carded than anything else.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
That moment when Alba runs to the ref after missing his chance, sums him up as a player. Cares more about the opposition getting carded than anything else.
Busquets, Suarez and to a lesser extent Neymar get all the heat, but Alba is the worst of them all. Sly wee cnut.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apparently Madrid played 53 crosses against Villarreal.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Apparently Madrid played 53 crosses against Villarreal.
Yep, that's Zidane. But they have Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema/Morata (plus Ramos, Pepe/Varane for Kroos' set pieces) so they'll score one or two anyhow.

-------------------

Edit: Do you know if this statistic includes the 17 corners or do we have to add them to the total? :D

-------------------

2nd edit: Looked it up at Squawka, corners are included. Since an average football game has about 60 min of actual playing time, that's almost one cross per minute the ball was in play.

Here's the top 5:

1. James - 13 crosses
2. Kroos - 10 crosses
3. Danilo - 7 crosses
4. Marcelo - 6 crosses (in 43 minutes)
5. Bale - 5 crosses (in 72 minutes)

Honorable mentions: Carvajal and L. Vázquez managed 4 crosses each after being brought on in the 43./72. minute.

Only 3 of the 14 Real players involved have made no crosses at all (including the GK, of course).

Last edited:

DocRockter

The refs in this league are hopeless.. Valencia escapes ´cause of a weak pen decision.. 2-1 vs Alaves 90mins

PedroMendez

Acolyte
and an own goal. The header from Laguardia (CB of Alaves) was a thing of beauty. Perfect technique. He just confused the goal. :lol: Valencia very very lucky to pick up any points tonight.

Last edited:

prarek

Penalty and and own goal. Valencia are back! Munir Santi Nani

and an own goal. The header from the Laguardia (CB of Alaves) was a thing of beauty. Perfect technique. He just confused the goal. :lol: Valencia very very lucky to pick up any points tonight.
It really was a great goal, just at the wrong end. :lol:

Match 6 | 23/26 September

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend (from Marca so all times are Spain)

Friday, 23 September
Real Betis - Malaga (on now)

Saturday
Eibar v Sociedad Sab- 13:00
Sporting v Barcelona Sab- 16:15
Athletic v Sevilla Sab- 18:30
Las Palmas v Real Madrid Sab- 20:45

Sunday
Leganés v Valencia Dom- 12:00
Atlético v Deportivo Dom- 16:15
Villarreal v Osasuna Dom- 18:30
Espanyol v Celta Dom- 20:45

Monday
Alavés v Granada Lun- 20:45

PedroMendez

Acolyte
If Sevilla wins this match without Vitolo, Vietto, Nzonzi, Vazquez, Rami, Carrico, tremoulinas, Ganso, Kiyotake, Krohn Dehli and Ben Yedder starting, they´ll probably end up winning the league.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
If Sevilla wins this match without Vitolo, Vietto, Nzonzi, Vazquez, Rami, Carrico, tremoulinas, Ganso, Kiyotake, Krohn Dehli and Ben Yedder starting, they´ll probably end up winning the league.
Haha, but now we lost accordingly. And the small run of unbeaten streak has ended. Though last minutes of the game was interesting. With all 3 subs used, Sirigu got the brilliant idea of elbowing Aduriz back. Naturally straight red and pen for Bilbao. Iborra had to be goalie last 4-5 min:lol:

So much for a keeper that is 'good with his feet'. Unfortunately this wierd 'keeper should be xavi with his passing'-fetish goes too far, since this keeper clearly is not good with his brain. However, first and main priority should be a keeper that is good with his hands. For instance; you don't go on and buy a striker that is good with tackles, but a bit average with scoring. And I truly believe Rico would have saved the second goal, since he got better positioning and better reach than what Sirigu showed in this game.

With that said; I still think we would have lost. Bilbao are on fire! :)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The feck? Why so many absent players?

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
The feck? Why so many absent players?
Because Lyon. And also possibly Sampaoli underrates consistency. But main focus is Lyon this week, and in a way I can buy that.

Rami and Carrico are due to injuries though.

Tremoulinas hasn't been part of the plans anyway and Krohn-Dehli is rehabilitating. Ganso is a bit out of form...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Because Lyon. And also possibly Sampaoli underrates consistency. But main focus is Lyon this week, and in a way I can buy that.

Rami and Carrico are due to injuries though.

Tremoulinas hasn't been part of the plans anyway and Krohn-Dehli is rehabilitating. Ganso is a bit out of form...
But why the priority to the CL? Does Sevilla not want to push for a top 4 finish in Spain?

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Morata starts instead of Benzema. I'm a bit nervous for this game.
Meh. You guys will start slow and probably score a goal just before half-time and then a second goal around the 70th min onwards to seal the win. I thought its a shame you didn't beat Villareal in midweek as you would have been 6 pts ahead of Barca.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Haha, but now we lost accordingly. And the small run of unbeaten streak has ended. Though last minutes of the game was interesting. With all 3 subs used, Sirigu got the brilliant idea of elbowing Aduriz back. Naturally straight red and pen for Bilbao. Iborra had to be goalie last 4-5 min:lol:

So much for a keeper that is 'good with his feet'. Unfortunately this wierd 'keeper should be xavi with his passing'-fetish goes too far, since this keeper clearly is not good with his brain. However, first and main priority should be a keeper that is good with his hands. For instance; you don't go on and buy a striker that is good with tackles, but a bit average with scoring. And I truly believe Rico would have saved the second goal, since he got better positioning and better reach than what Sirigu showed in this game.

With that said; I still think we would have lost. Bilbao are on fire! :)
Well, that sounds fun. :D
Still working so I couldn´t see the match. I just saw the lineup in a ticker and wasn´t impressed. I am not surprised that we lost; I was just hoping that the lucky streak would continue. How did we play?
I agree with you about Rico/Sirigu. I was never a huge fan of Rico, but he played fantastic this season. He should be starting. Buying another keeper, who is more or less on the same level made no sense.
Overall Sampaoli is shifting and changing a bit too much. He is very fortunate, that he won enough points, so everybody is happy despite our mediocre performances. I still think we lack individual quality in various positions.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
But why the priority to the CL? Does Sevilla not want to push for a top 4 finish in Spain?
Well, the squad is big, many players who compete for their position in the starting 11 have given similar performances. So, as mentioned, Sampaoli did possibly underestimate the importance of consistency. Especially since we already have some injuries before this game, maybe it is not a good plan with adding some rotation on that. However, there would still be big risk of losing away vs bilbao, and since we already positioned ourselves within the huge battle of the fourth spot, as well as with the Lyon game around the corner, it felt like a good opportunity to take a risk and rest couple quality players.

Obviously, the league is a big priority, but sevilla's agenda is to avoid third place in the cl group as well, as was the scenario last season. The aim is set for 1/8th play off round, at least.

prarek

Concentrating on CL match in midweek?

Sampaoli is tinkering too much. Regardless of CL.

24-09 vs Athletic Bilbao - 8 changes
20-09 vs Real Betis - 8 changes
17-09 vs Eibar - 7 changes
14-09 vs Juventus - 5 changes
10-09 vs Las Palmas - 5 changes
28-08 vs Villarreal - 4 changes

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh. You guys will start slow and probably score a goal just before half-time and then a second goal around the 70th min onwards to seal the win. I thought its a shame you didn't beat Villareal in midweek as you would have been 6 pts ahead of Barca.
Yep, a real missed opportunity there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.