La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

prarek

Didn't understand a word but loved it!!
I'll do a rough translation. Spanish speakers feel free to correct me. Here goes-

You think the information you give is correct? Yes or not? Send a video and that any can interpret how they want. That's the sort of journalism we have to put up with in today's world. To give you an idea. I'm talking, respect it(journalist tries to interrupt). This is the kind of journalism in today's world. In what you do, for example. Give an information that anyone fill in with whatever comes out of their balls. That seems nice to you? Messing around with the health of a person. Look beyond the fact that whether the person was a fan of Depor or Sporting. You know what's happening there? Do you realize what's happening? You're a reporter and you're recording a video and sending it to the paper and you don't put down that the person was having an epileptic seizure? Seriously are you a good reporter? Allow me the privilege of calling you an idiot. Allow me the privilege of calling you an idiot and ill tell you one thing. It is no insult. It is no insult and you know why? It's a qualifying adjective, it is what you do. You know? Give an idiotic information. Saying idiotic things makes you an idiot. That is what you do. You know? In that moment, i'm not saying you do it all the time, but in that moment what concerns me is that i am here to defend me from something, from an accusation that is not true. Do you understand? It's not true.

Giving worries before a game, right before a game that was very important to the team. I am worried about a person that is having an epileptic seizure. And you are telling me that i'm confronting him? You paper works for him. You defend them. Defend them now if you can. Defend them because they pay you. Understand you get paid(bangs on the table). No more, no more, i'm telling you no more. Because i don't play with you guys. I tell it to your face. I will not allow it. I don't read papers, i hear about it later because people talk. You know? Like 'he's a son of a bitch' eh? 'That guy's a son of a bitch'. Don't feck with me eh? Don't feck with me because i'm not here for you to feck with. I just wanted to make this clear.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Great translation Prarek.I didn't imagine that your spanish was so good

PedroMendez

Acolyte
The mix of sincere hostility and consideration is just nuts. You see that he really really hates the reporter, yet at the same time he qualifies and explains every word. It is not just an angry rant. I love it. More people need to put lazy "journalists" in their right place.

:lol:

Last edited:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'll do a rough translation. Spanish speakers feel free to correct me. Here goes-

You think the information you give is correct? Yes or not? Send a video and that any can interpret how they want. That's the sort of journalism we have to put up with in today's world. To give you an idea. I'm talking, respect it(journalist tries to interrupt). This is the kind of journalism in today's world. In what you do, for example. Give an information that anyone fill in with whatever comes out of their balls. That seems nice to you? Messing around with the health of a person. Look beyond the fact that whether the person was a fan of Depor or Sporting. You know what's happening there? Do you realize what's happening? You're a reporter and you're recording a video and sending it to the paper and you don't put down that the person was having an epileptic seizure? Seriously are you a good reporter? Allow me the privilege of calling you an idiot. Allow me the privilege of calling you an idiot and ill tell you one thing. It is no insult. It is no insult and you know why? It's a qualifying adjective, it is what you do. You know? Give an idiotic information. Saying idiotic things makes you an idiot. That is what you do. You know? In that moment, i'm not saying you do it all the time, but in that moment what concerns me is that i am here to defend me from something, from an accusation that is not true. Do you understand? It's not true.

Giving worries before a game, right before a game that was very important to the team. I am worried about a person that is having an epileptic seizure. And you are telling me that i'm confronting him? You paper works for him. You defend them. Defend them now if you can. Defend them because they pay you. Understand you get paid(bangs on the table). No more, no more, i'm telling you no more. Because i don't play with you guys. I tell it to your face. I will not allow it. I don't read papers, i hear about it later because people talk. You know? Like 'he's a son of a bitch' eh? 'That guy's a son of a bitch'. Don't feck with me eh? Don't feck with me because i'm not here for you to feck with. I just wanted to make this clear.
That's about right.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Thanks prarek, I appreciate it!
Very interesting and still somehow a "controlled" rant, great!

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Paco Jemez fired, after reaching the landmark of 'the worst start of Granada's history in 70 years' - which is such a 'moyesque' thing to accomplish since Granada is not really a top team (with all due respect), so one would imagine how sh*te they have been in the season opening.

Though, as predicted, the overrated Paco Jemez failed miserably in his new club. He should have not been appointed in the first place, after the way he mistreated Rayo with his naive suicidal football.

@prarek Thanks! Pichu Cuellar, I suddenly got mad respect for him. Before this, the only significance he had in my memory is that he was the keeper in barca's 1-6 win over atletico, during that insane season of 2006/2007, when Real won the league in a heroic manner. Never really rated him as a keeper, but this is probably the best rant I have ever seen.:lol:

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
First El Clasico of the season won't be shown live in the UK. Kick's off at 3:15pm on Dec 3rd.

Match 8 | 14/17 October

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This weekend's games

Friday (times shown are Spain)
Las Palmas V20:45h Espanyol - that's 7:45 UK

Saturday
Leganés S13:00h Sevilla
Barcelona S16:15h Deportivo
Atlético S18:30h Granada
Betis S20:45h Real Madrid

Sunday
Alavés D12:00h Málaga
Athletic D16:15h R. Sociedad
Sporting D18:30h Valencia
Villarreal D20:45h Celta

Monday
Eibar L20:45h Osasuna

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't believe the luck I'm having this game. I missed Leganés' equaliser due to the TV broadcasters replaying an offside, and I missed Sarabia's stunner due to my stream lagging. Argh!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Leganés 2 - 3 Sevilla FT. Sevilla very lucky to come away with any points nevermind the full 3. Leganés were all over them.

I thought the ref had an odd game. It seemed he favoured Leganés every 50/50 and probably should have sent Vazquez off.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sevilla win and go top - for now at least. Sevilla got the luck of the draw with the ref - hard to see how they finished with ten men on the pitch.
I agree that Vazquez should have probably been sent off, but I don't think the ref favoured Sevilla. He made a lot of questionable decisions today for both teams, in my opinion.

Yagami

Good post resistant
what did Vazquez do?
If I remember correctly, he made two fouls resulting in a yellow card, and a while after, he went in rough on a Leganés player after said player had already passed the ball which should've been another yellow to be honest.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I agree that Vazquez should have probably been sent off, but I don't think the ref favoured Sevilla. He made a lot of questionable decisions today for both teams, in my opinion.
That's what I meant by the luck of the draw. Lots of debatable decisions but given Vazquez could have seen red a couple of times, and he was a goalscorer, it was Sevilla who got the most benefit from them.

Mind you that's probably because I like the way Leganes have worked their way up to La Liga, so I'm a bit biassed. They've not made a bad start either - 10 points from 8 games. But their home record is W0 D1 L4 and I'm feeling a bit sorry for their crowd.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's what I meant by the luck of the draw. Lots of debatable decisions but given Vazquez could have seen red a couple of times, and he was a goalscorer, it was Sevilla who got the most benefit from them.

Mind you that's probably because I like the way Leganes have worked their way up to La Liga, so I'm a bit biassed. They've not made a bad start either - 10 points from 8 games. But their home record is W0 D1 L4 and I'm feeling a bit sorry for their crowd.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I thought for sure the way Vazquez was going he was going to be seeing red, but no(!), he goes and scores a crucial goal. I couldn't believe it.

We all have our biases when it comes to certain teams so I don't blame you. I think Leganés have a lot to be proud of this season as they've, from the little I've seen admittedly, played some nice stuff and haven't looked out of place at all. They were much better than Sevilla today anyway and their fans can be proud of the fight they showed today despite the loss. :)

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
First win away from home for Sevilla in La Liga for nearly a year and a half, feck me :lol:

prarek

Yet another late win for Sevilla. @@SfcNervion must be enjoying this.

First win away from home for Sevilla in La Liga for nearly a year and a half, feck me :lol:
One of the commentators said that Sevilla had a poor season had it not been for their Europa win and i agree. 0 wins away from home and a 7th place but the Europa win overshadowed everything. If they had lost to Liverpool people would be saying how bad they were last season. So from that perspective now they are a better side this season, much better. And it feels like they still have a lot of room for improvement.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
They have no chance to win the league or the CL. So winning the Euroleague must be huge for their fans. Winning it three times in a row is something that fans will talk about in 20 years.

It also proves that results can be very misleading in the short run. The amount of luck that they have this season is almost unreal. Last season the team played better, but the results didn’t always go their way. They could have easily lost 4 of their first 5 games this season and could be in a huge crisis with a bit of bad luck. I hope it continues, because I really like them, but things can turn around very fast. They are not particularly solid. Either the defense is very shaky or the offence lacks creativity. Sampaoli needs to find the right balance. I am also still unsure about some of the players. Nasri is a positive surprise so far. Maybe there is hope for him.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yet another late win for Sevilla. @@SfcNervion must be enjoying this.

One of the commentators said that Sevilla had a poor season had it not been for their Europa win and i agree. 0 wins away from home and a 7th place but the Europa win overshadowed everything. If they had lost to Liverpool people would be saying how bad they were last season. So from that perspective now they are a better side this season, much better. And it feels like they still have a lot of room for improvement.
Haha, I am buzzing. I have to enjoy this as long as it lasts. Being top of the league even after Barcelona accordingly winning their game is an odd luxuary as sevilla supporter. But expect atletico to win now, and maybe next week la liga is 'back to normal', with the usual top 3, but I will really enjoy the fluke we are having so far:)

I have been so wrong about Sampaoli so far, which makes me happy, he seems to contain more depth in his tactical mind, compared to Emery. I was most pre-judgemental about Nasri, saw him as an arrogant douchebag that wasted the talent he possessed years ago. But he has been one of our best signings this summer, if not the best? Been in very good form lately!

Would it be naive to hope that betis steals 1p from real tonight? :angel:

prarek

What a goal from Cuenca! Takes something special to score against Atletico at the Calderon and that goal was super special.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Isaac Cuenca might've scored one of the goals of the season

Atletico 0 Granada 1

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
They have no chance to win the league or the CL. So winning the Euroleague must be huge for their fans. Winning it three times in a row is something that fans will talk about in 20 years.

It also proves that results can be very misleading in the short run. The amount of luck that they have this season is almost unreal. Last season the team played better, but the results didn’t always go their way. They could have easily lost 4 of their first 5 games this season and could be in a huge crisis with a bit of bad luck. I hope it continues, because I really like them, but things can turn around very fast. They are not particularly solid. Either the defense is very shaky or the offence lacks creativity. Sampaoli needs to find the right balance. I am also still unsure about some of the players. Nasri is a positive surprise so far. Maybe there is hope for him.
You are conpletely right. It is a big deal, and being the top dog of europa leagues (as 5 time champions) is huge for us. the win of last season saved our disappointing season on so many levels. We got another euro league trophy, and we went to Champions League. A hollywood movie ending.

Atletico behind vs Granada?! Am I dreaming:lol: Dear we hope? Is this the post Paco Jemez effect:D

Status
Not open for further replies.