La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorenzy

Rulli, yes the Real Sociedad goalkeeper, flagged offside to end the game. (Yeah, yeah, it was on a corner)

He almost scored as well, lol. FT.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So, as it stands a mere 3pts seperating the top-5 and if Villarreal beat Celta tonight it will be the top-6.

1 Atlético Madrid 8 5 3 0 21 3 +18 18pts
2 Real Madrid 8 5 3 0 22 8 +14 18pts
3 Sevilla 8 5 2 1 16 12 +4 17pts
4 Barcelona 8 5 1 2 26 10 +16 16pts
5 Athletic Bilbao 8 5 0 3 13 10 +3 15pts
6 Villarreal 7 3 4 0 9 4 +5 13pts

Valencia go to Gijón in a bid to get out of the relegation zone. 18th facing 17th.
Bilbao are at Real Madrid next weekend, so not holding my breath there.

Skorenzy

That was coming. Sporting looking very good with build-up, finally get the final ball/finish right as well. Great header from Carlos Castro, who could've had a brace already.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Villarreal are destroying Celta on the counter. 3-0 now. Celta have no movement, no answers to the deep defence so far. Switching over to the Milan game..

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Next game week got couple of exciting match ups to look forward to. Espacially sevilla vs atletico. Will the fluke continue? I personally doubt it, since I have no idea how atletico suppose to concede goals like a normal team. Usually takes something extraordinary to score against them, except in CL finals.:devil::drool: But I would be content with a draw. Can't really recall last time Sevilla took all 3p vs Atletico, but think it has never happened when Simeone been in charge of Las Pupas.

Reactions: jojojo

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sevilla - Atletico and Valencia - Barca :drool: hoping for some shiny technical football.

Match 9 | 22/23 October

Aboutreika18

@jojojo is late this weekend. :p

Saturday, October 22 (GMT)

Espanyol v Eibar (1100)
Valencia v Barcelona (1415)
Real Sociedad v Alaves (1630)
Granada CF v Sporting Gijon (1845)

Sunday, October 23 (GMT)

Celta Vigo v Deportivo Coruna (1000)
Sevilla v Atletico Madrid (1415)
Malaga v Leganes (1630)
Villarreal v Las Palmas (1630)
Real Madrid v Athletic Club (1845)

JeffBoomTetris

Aaaaand..... 0-3 to Eibar. Brilliant from the Basques. I personally love them. They not only have passion but also some quality. Nice counter attacks and passes in behind to make opportunities. Although, safe to say, Espanyol are just a lost cause

JeffBoomTetris

Eibar are having a Crystanbul moment :nervous:. 2-3. Piatti gets another one back and gets subbed for Caicedo.

Did they feed the Espanyol players oatmeal during half-time? They are dominating this half, running more and not getting outmuscled in challenges

JeffBoomTetris

Felipe Caicedo lets his team down by getting sent off after 2 yellows. And he was on the pitch for what... 10-15 minutes? But, Espanyol have surprised me. They were playing like a pub team in the first half. But in the 2nd, they are playing football befitting a Liga team

JeffBoomTetris

:lol::lol: haha. Espanyol complete comeback with 10 men. Baptistao with a drilled finish! Eibar have only themselves to blame.

I have to say, I was wrong about the catalan outfit. That took an aweful lot of character to come from 0-3 down to make it 3-3 and with a man down

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
They won one half each and it really did feel like that. Admittedly I kept flicking over to Bournemouth - Spurs until Espanyol scored, but that's the kind of draw that you can actually enjoy watching. Even if you're a home fan.

Skorenzy

What a game! Espanyol have been very weird this season, from being in involved in goalfests one moment to being unable to buy a goal the next -- but overall they remain fragile as hell.

Piatti, Hernán Pérez, Moreno and Baptistão have all been pretty good.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
With this abysmal level of La Liga defending, there is nothing enjoyable about these 3-3 games. Or something.
It's the cycle isn't it?

La Liga games have less goals = they're boring compared to the entertaining PL

La Liga games have more goals = well the standard is lower and the defending is poor and the top teams score most of those goals cause the other teams are so crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.