La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
small update about Sevilla.

- Kolo is probably joining Gladbach for about ~10m, which is a great deal. Sevilla is interested in Clement Lenglet as replacement (21 old CB from Nancy). Maybe some of our french posters can say something about him, but it would be imo a smart transfer.

- Kyotake might go back to the Bundesliga (Köln, Wolfsburg, Berlin)

- A lot of rumours about N'Zonzi. Especially the one about City scares me a bit. He'd be the perfect player for them and they have money.......I just hope that this is not true.

- there are only few rumours about CFs, but apparently Sevilla is interested in Martial. :lol: :houllier: yeah...sure....

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Now imagine a midfield of kroos-modric-pogba

That's two of us :(
Going by style, real should have signed rakitic and Barca kroos.
Busquets kroos modric is actually probably the closest you can get to busquets xavi iniesta.
Casemeiro-rakitic-pogba sounds like a Madrid midfield.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Denis Suarez is a promising player but he's not what he is hyped up to be, neither is Andre Gomez. My biggest worry is that we have too much faith in our own youth players. Part of the reason Denis gets so much hype is because he was a member of La Masia for like one season. Sergi Roberto is not a proper replacement for Dani Alves no matter how much our fans want him to be, and Lucho needs to get over his childish grudge against Aleix Vidal for the sake of the team.

I'm worried about the future of this club without Iniesta. In the game against Real, we looked hopeless in midfield in the first half. Then when Andres came on, we gained total control of Madrid. Even if we had unlimited funds and could sign anyone we wanted, we'd still be in trouble because there is no other player like Andres out there. He is unique and a once in a generation talent. I wish we signed Pogba. :annoyed: Dybala is a wonderful player but he does not give us anything new to the team like Pogba would.

Sorry for my negativity but I had to vent somewhere.
I think that the model of Madrid and Barça is not sustainable paying too much for midfielders and defenders. The cost of keeping some of the best attacking players mean a masive spent in wages. I think that you should try some more players like Rakitic, young with good technique , from 25 to 45 m€. For example I guess that we both Madrid and Barça will go behind Weigl in the future, besides maybe the board is losing a bit of patience with la Masía.

3KDré

Denis Suarez is a promising player but he's not what he is hyped up to be, neither is Andre Gomez. My biggest worry is that we have too much faith in our own youth players. Part of the reason Denis gets so much hype is because he was a member of La Masia for like one season. Sergi Roberto is not a proper replacement for Dani Alves no matter how much our fans want him to be, and Lucho needs to get over his childish grudge against Aleix Vidal for the sake of the team.
I don't follow Barca, could you explain this please? I was under the impression he was just bad.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
small update about Sevilla.

- Kolo is probably joining Gladbach for about ~10m, which is a great deal. Sevilla is interested in Clement Lenglet as replacement (21 old CB from Nancy). Maybe some of our french posters can say something about him, but it would be imo a smart transfer.

- Kyotake might go back to the Bundesliga (Köln, Wolfsburg, Berlin)

- A lot of rumours about N'Zonzi. Especially the one about City scares me a bit. He'd be the perfect player for them and they have money.......I just hope that this is not true.

- there are only few rumours about CFs, but apparently Sevilla is interested in Martial. :lol: :houllier: yeah...sure....
And Sevilla are any day from making Clement Lenglet official. Very young center back in Nancy Lorraine; I have never seen him play or actually heard of him before this silly season. But Kolo out for ~10 million, and Lenglet in for 5-6 million; sounds like good old Monchi is doing it again:drool::lol:. I am actually solely impressed of Sevilla getting paid for Kolo, but signing a new fresh defender is a bonus and satisfying as well.

EDIT: Many sites already see Lenglet as Sevillaplayer but basically only the official announcement of him being signed is left.

Last edited:

prarek

No self respecting manager will take the Valencia job right now. Voro's hands are tied. I thought self made billionaires were supposed to be smart but Lim cannot navigate the ship and it sinks deeper and deeper every time. But the problem goes beyond one man. Lim vete ya is impractical. Beggars can't be choosers. Just have to ride out the storm.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tonight is copa del rey. Sevilla is playing against Real at 21:15/22:15. Good luck @carvajal . Real will need it :p:wenger:
Jaja,pity that Madrid is in your way Pedro,if not I would support Sevilla,a very appreciated team in Coruña,however this is the year of domestic trophies for Madrid :D.
Actually Madrid use to have a bad beginning after Christmas as happened with the previous Mundialito that they won with Ancelotti.Cristiano is resting,I wonder if Zidane is too confident.
Bernabéu will be full so hopefully will be an entertaining game.
I read that Franco Vázquez (is he usually in the line Up?) can't play for a sanction in the Italy Cup,which I don't understand at all.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Vazquez usually starts but he isnt really esencial yet. He got banned in the copa italia and this ban doesnt vanish because of the transfer, so he is going to miss this match in the spanish cup competition.
If things look bad at HT, I will smuggle cheryshev onto your bench.:angel:

Match 17 | 7/8 Jan

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Osasuna sacked Caparrós, the new coach is Vasiljevic that apparently was working in the club.
I think that after so long without training He didn´t choose well his destination. Some months ago was a serious candidate to be coach of the national team.
If Madrid don´t lose they will match the 39 games without losing (record of Luis Enrique)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Though week for Sevilla they're going against Real Sociedad that comes from beating Villarreal 3-1. It should be and entertaining game to watch as it's also a crucial game for both teams.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Blown offside call on the second goal was shocking. But yeah, this won't be pretty for them

4-0

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Another 9-1 might be noice(in jake peralta's voice)

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
5-0, Casemiro. He's their 21st scorer of the season.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Had no idea Coentrao was still at Madrid. Where's he been the last few years?

Peanut Butter

4-0 with 10 minutes left until half time :lol:
It's such a farcical league. I never bother watching Real Madrid or Barca these days, they may as well just be given the 3 points before playing the likes of Granada.

I would love a Bundesliga without Bayern, a Serie A without Juventus and a La Liga without Real and Barca.

I know we dominated in the 90s and whilst it was nervy at times, I am enjoying how competitive the league is these days.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
It's such a farcical league. I never bother watching Real Madrid or Barca these days, they may as well just be given the 3 points before playing the likes of Granada.

I would love a Bundesliga without Bayern, a Serie A without Juventus and a La Liga without Real and Barca.

I know we dominated in the 90s and whilst it was nervy at times, I am enjoying how competitive the league is these days.
Well, there is always the rumour of super league; a european league with Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, and all the wealthy clubs from PL (and some russian and portugese clubs). Question is what would happen to the domestic leagues across Europe, espacially if they would 'close' the European Super League, i.e. when no team could get relegated.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Such a weird thing to say just days after Barca lost to Athletic.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Well, there is always the rumour of super league; a european league with Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, and all the wealthy clubs from PL (and some russian and portugese clubs). Question is what would happen to the domestic leagues across Europe, espacially if they would 'close' the European Super League, i.e. when no team could get relegated.
Football would be ruined.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Such a weird idea in itself to think that a league would be better if two teams would play worse. Maybe if all Spanish clubs turned to absolute shit we'd be the most exciting league in the world.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Such a weird thing to say just days after Barca lost to Athletic.
To be fair, Athletic is not 'the likes of Granada'. But I do agree, people tend to get gassed up easily when Real (or Barca) outclasses a team that is at relegation battle. A poor Man City side just trashed West Ham with 5-0 yesterday (at West Ham's home), yet it is when it happens with La liga teams that people tend to get upset...

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
To be fair, Athletic is not 'the likes of Granada'. But I do agree, people tend to get gassed up easily when Real (or Barca) outclasses a team that is at relegation battle. A poor Man City side just trashed West Ham with 5-0 yesterday (at West Ham's home), yet it is when it happens with La liga teams that people tend to get upset...
Exactly

Peanut Butter

You're going to defend the league because the team you support plays in it.

But for a lot of people, La Liga is a bore.

How many different winners have you had in the last 20 years (genuine question) ?

Until tv money etc is shared equally and the likes of UEFA stop giving Real Madrid special treatment then La Liga will suffer unless you support Barcelona or Real.

gaucho_10

If you're wondering why the English suck in Europe you answered yourself. Only when top clubs in England will be winning against bottom 10 in the league with ease (like they used to in the days when English clubs were playing CL finals and it was a 2 or 3 horse league like la liga is right now) you'll again be competitive in Europe.

When that happens, your opinion will suddenly change and I'll be here to stick it to you.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
You're going to defend the league because the team you support plays in it.

But for a lot of people, La Liga is a bore.

How many different winners have you had in the last 20 years (genuine question) ?

Until tv money etc is shared equally and the likes of UEFA stop giving Real Madrid special treatment then La Liga will suffer unless you support Barcelona or Real.
I understand that it must be so boring watching Real Madrid win all these last few leagues. Oh wait...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona barely managed to beat granada at home. Granada have like half their team away due to the AFCON, and the first goal they concede was really dumb, and the second offside.

The only reason we see this kind of hidings more often in spain than other leagues is because the top spanish sides are really fecking good and the bottom tier sides will give up on the game the moment they go down by 2 goals. And with that said, after 16 games we've won 9 games by at least 2 goals. During their 13 game winning streak, chelsea won 8 by at least 2 goals...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How many different winners have you had in the last 20 years (genuine question)
20 years? So from 1997/98? 5 teams. Over the same period, the premier league was won by...5 different teams

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yes, La Liga is really suffering, especially in Europe:lol: If one is interested in a league that can be the most competitive league in the world, then one should follow Allsvenskan, the swedish league - since it is much more competitive than Premier League (for instance).

Culero

20 years? So from 1997/98? 5 teams. Over the same period, the premier league was won by...5 different teams
Add to the fact that the billions pumped into Chelsea and City created sides that went from non-title contenders to winners in a span of a few years. Put that type of money and marketing into Valencia and Sevilla for example and they can do it as well. The fact is Barca and Madrid are ahead of all the top EPL teams, they would win that league as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.