La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Congrats to Sevilla for doing what no club had been good enough to do for 39 before yesterday. Congrats to Madrid on setting a new record for unbeaten games.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I'm hoping Sampaoli is our next manager. Just hope the club steers clear of Valverde.
Sampaoli showing he has the profile you'd hope for at Barcelona yet despite how the Basque club played Barcelona, I'm not as down on Valverde as a possible candidate - I think he is an astute coach. Personally, I prefer the Argentine but with this board it is difficult to gauge what they will look for should Lucho not continue.

The big question mark with Sampaoli is whether he can actually manage at the club level since he's relatively inexperienced in that regard - I didn't like the early look of Sevilla, natural I suppose after all the good work Emery did there. If Monchi indeed is off to Roma in the summer then perhaps Sampaoli will become available - we'll see

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
so, in one week Real Madrid played three games against Sevilla FC:

- 1 win
- 1 draw
- 1 Defeat

do you know in wich one of them played Ronaldo -the all mighty POTY-?

podurban2

I don't follow La Liga, but what the hell is Sevilla doing that makes them on par with Real and Barca? I could barely name a single player in their squad. I know they were great under Unai, so is it Monchi who is a magician or what is it?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I don't follow La Liga, but what the hell is Sevilla doing that makes them on par with Real and Barca? I could barely name a single player in their squad. I know they were great under Unai, so is it Monchi who is a magician or what is it?
Given that you acknowledge you don't follow La Liga, probably would have to start there in order to understand the strength of many sides in Spain apart from Sevilla

podurban2

Given that you acknowledge you don't follow La Liga, probably would have to start there in order to understand the strength of many sides in Spain apart from Sevilla
Yeah I have no interest in following La Liga, I just asked a rather simple question out of curiosity.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Yeah I have no interest in following La Liga, I just asked a rather simple question out of curiosity.
Not a simple answer, it's a bit like assuming Sevilla have never been a strong club. Monchi is a genius at what he does but their success has never been just about what he has done

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's pretty simple. They made smart signings, hired a great manager, and are currently performing at their very best, if not slightly beyond it

podurban2

It's pretty simple. They made smart signings, hired a great manager, and are currently performing at their very best, if not slightly beyond it
Makes sense. You think they will keep performing or are they punching above their weight?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They have 39 points in 18 games, played atletico, real madrid and barcelona at home, getting 6 points out of those games, and had quite a bit of luck at the beginning of the season(wins over las palmas and betis in the derby, and a draw at villarreal where their gk played out of his skin come to mind). I think with the confidence they have now, if their luck holds they might stay in the title race for a while yet. Don't think they have it in them to win the title(you need at least 88-90 points for that, and this team would have to massively overachive to reach that). They're pretty much nailed on for 72-75 points, which should be enough for top 4. Most likely, they will finish at around 80 points

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Monchi can always find the right players to make their system work.

Sparky10Legend

This 'Barça buying refs' narrative is fecking tiresome. So, all those penalties come from them having the referee under their payroll.
Or, you know, they have come because Barça's play style ensure they get more touches in the opponents' box than Real Madrid thereby increasing the chance of fouling by the opposition.

The goal came from a Messi free kick. Instead of appreciating that he is even better than CR7 now, you are blaming the ref
Did i miss the bit where he wasnt better than Ronaldo?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Not really about La Liga, but it's not worth it's own thread and we don't have one for Russian football. Here's CSKA enjoying some winter sun at their pre-season training camp in Spain.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: poor CSKA.We enjoyed a great weather during autumn and they arrived in the "cold wave"

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Sorry, I should have clarified that. In terms of free-kicks, quite some people still think that Ronaldo is better. So, there's that.
Like who? :lol:

As far as I'm aware it's pretty much only Ronaldo that thinks Ronaldo is any good at free kicks.

Match 19 | 20/22 Jan

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend:

Friday
Las Palmas V Deportivo Fri - 20:45 (all times Spain, so that's 7:45 UK)

Saturday
Espanyol V Granada Sat - 13:00
R. Madrid V Málaga Sat - 16:15
Alavés V Leganés Sat - 18:30
Villarreal V Valencia Sat - 20:45

Sunday
Osasuna V Sevilla Sun - 12:00
Athletic V Atlético Sun - 16:15
Betis V Sporting Sun - 18:30
R. Sociedad V Celta Sun - 18:30
Eibar V Barcelona Sun - 20:45

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
La Liga this weekend:

Friday
Las Palmas V Deportivo Fri - 20:45 (all times Spain, so that's 7:45 UK)

Saturday
Espanyol V Granada Sat - 13:00
R. Madrid V Málaga Sat - 16:15
Alavés V Leganés Sat - 18:30
Villarreal V Valencia Sat - 20:45

Sunday
Osasuna V Sevilla Sun - 12:00
Athletic V Atlético Sun - 16:15
Betis V Sporting Sun - 18:30
R. Sociedad V Celta Sun - 18:30
Eibar V Barcelona Sun - 20:45
The top 4 should all get an easy win.

JeffBoomTetris

Like who? :lol:

As far as I'm aware it's pretty much only Ronaldo that thinks Ronaldo is any good at free kicks.
If a poll was created, I am sure quite a few people would have Ronaldo as their primary option. And even if in the Caf, the votes went in Messi's favour, that wouldn't be the case in real life. I have had people around me tell me that Ronaldo is a better taker of free kicks

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Ronaldo's link up play is just horrible. Three easy turnovers in three minutes.

Kroos' long passes are sublime. Good movement by Ronaldo this time, but Kameni saves the 1 on 1.

Last edited:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yeah, but Kameni usually finds his MoM performances vs Barca and Real. He was the reason (along with Benitez) of why Real ended with 1p behind Barca last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.