La Liga 2017/18

Seij

Looks like La Liga is trying its best to punish Barca these days.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That is actually a pretty classy thing to say, that yes decisions go against you, but they also go in your favour sometimes. Some managers would have gone into a complete meltdown.
I was surprised to read that, very classy from Barca manager.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Class by Valverde. I really like his posture. Some bad news for Valência. Guedes played injured and he is going to get surgery. He's out for about 4 weeks.

Johnny Love

I gotta say I'm surprised by the way Barca is playing. Neymar leaving the way he did and they way they started the season getting dismantled by Real I really thought this was going to be a disaster of a season for them. Valverde deserves a lot of credit I think. I don't know how he has them playing like this, especially with core players like Iniesta, Suarez and Rakitic all dropping their level and the injury the Dembele. He's really had to deal with a circus coming in as a new manager and somehow he seemed to rally this group and rejuvenate them. It's still a long a season and I don't know how they will play in second half but I'm really surprised at their level at the moment.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How did Real not win that?
Because we're really, really crap this season. Second goal was even offside, fuenlabrada hit the bar with 1-0, generally deserved the draw, and maybe even something more

mix of bench and castilla players, but still, disgraceful

padr81

Supports
Man City
Because we're really, really crap this season. Second goal was even offside, fuenlabrada hit the bar with 1-0, generally deserved the draw, and maybe even something more

mix of bench and castilla players, but still, disgraceful
It's actually kind of shocking Real's season so far. Just curious but what do you see as the main reasons for the decline and poor form.
Also now I said that, watch you guys stuff City in the CL last 16 when the time arrives just for saying that..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's actually kind of shocking Real's season so far. Just curious but what do you see as the main reasons for the decline and poor form.
Also now I said that, watch you guys stuff City in the CL last 16 when the time arrives just for saying that..
Won too much recently, Cristiano and Benzema going through a horrible patch of not scoring, injuries, lack of proper cover for the defence, Zidane not trusting Ceballos and Llorente, playing Theo out of position, generally doing a shite job, lack of fitness/fatigue, and the team itself was never a team, just a mish-mash of stars who overwhelmed through sheer talent...except the guys who're supposed to score goals aren't scoring. It's most of the same stuff that happened in the second half of 14/15(in fact if you take away the stars are not scoring part, everything else is pretty much the same)

said this before but our midfield is totally wrong for our strikers and vice versa -except when Benzema hits his purple patch and brings everything together. Otherwise, they tend to limit each other instead of complementing

padr81

Supports
Man City
Won too much recently, Cristiano and Benzema going through a horrible patch of not scoring, injuries, lack of proper cover for the defence, Zidane not trusting Ceballos and Llorente, playing Theo out of position, generally doing a shite job, lack of fitness/fatigue, and the team itself was never a team, just a mish-mash of stars who overwhelmed through sheer talent...except the guys who're supposed to score goals aren't scoring. It's most of the same stuff that happened in the second half of 14/15(in fact if you take away the stars are not scoring part, everything else is pretty much the same)

said this before but our midfield is totally wrong for our strikers and vice versa -except when Benzema hits his purple patch and brings everything together. Otherwise, they tend to limit each other instead of complementing
Cheers mate, even at your best you never seemed as fluent as Bayern I suppose but always seemed to play like a team. Do you think there is any chance Zizou could get the boot if you don't improve by the season end (say win nought) or will he be given time as he's a club legend and has had a phenomenal start?

mosmartindb9

Supports
Real Madrid
Won too much recently.
That's the main problem and that's the reason no team won the CL back to back before us. Playing 60 games a season is exhausting both phisicaly and mentaly.
And I disagree that they never were a team. We had a collection of stars untill Zidane came but he managed to rally those stars into a proper team.
We should't have let go of our depth and we should have changed bale for mbape and we were set.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's the main problem and that's the reason no team won the CL back to back before us. Playing 60 games a season is exhausting both phisicaly and mentaly.
And I disagree that they never were a team. We had a collection of stars untill Zidane came but he managed to rally those stars into a proper team.
We should't have let go of our depth and we should have changed bale for mbape and we were set.
We were a real team under Ancelotti in 2014. With Zidane we played like a team in most big games, but otherwise we're disjointed and lacking ideas, and a lot of the time focus

But i digress. That wasn't what i meant. What i meant was the team isn't built with a team logic of bringing complementary players that will improve each other -we just signed stars and rely on them to figure it out. It's why the B team last season consistently looked better than the starters and even rival managers said it was harder to play against

(As for winning back-to-back CL, that's luck more than hunger)

DavidDeSchmikes

A bit of old news, but two days ago Gianni De Biasi was sacked by Alaves after 9 games in all competitions (3 wins and 6 defeats...I think). Alaves now looking for their 3rd manager since Pellegrino left in June. 5th manager to have left this season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Barcellona-Murcia 1-0 (4-0 on aggregate)

Seville-Cartagena 1-0 (4-0 on aggregate)

Seville-Cartagena 3-0 (6-0 on aggregate)

Real Sociedad-Lleida 1-0 (2-0 on aggregate)

Real Sociedad-Lleida 2-0 (3-0 on aggregate)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
2-1 Lleida (3-1 Real Sociedad on aggregate)

2-2 Lleida (3-2 Real Sociedd on aggregate)

4-0 Barca (7-0 on aggregate)

5-0 Barca (8-0 on aggregate)