La Liga 2017/18

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bilbao is going.

Just been knocked out of Copa Del Rey by Formentera who scored 96th minute goal.

It's odd as you look at their team and it's still pretty decent. Maybe a season too far for Aduriz but he still scores for them and Raul Garcia was a beast for Atletico Madrid just a couple of years ago. He dosen't even start for them much these days.

Laporte and Inaki Williams aswell, have these two just stagnated? Laporte could easily be playing for Man.City now and Williams been linked with Liverpool and his style would probably do well in the premier league.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Formentera have become another Numancia thanks to Athletic. Terrible performance,as Vietto with Atleti.
He missed so many chances.Probably Atleti would be happy getting half of the money that they paid for him.
Marca writes this morning that the signing of Kepa for january is inminent.
http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/11/30/5a1f19b422601db6388b456d.html
Euskadi is land of good goalkeepers and with his potential 20m€ can be a bargain
Edit: but hours before that COPE said: no transfers in january and Kepa/Courtois Next season

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Wonder how long it's been since Bilbao have been knocked out of the CDR this early, it is a tournament they have traditionally been a powerhouse in and always take seriously

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Wonder how long it's been since Bilbao have been knocked out of the CDR this early, it is a tournament they have traditionally been a powerhouse in and always take seriously
Finalist only 2 years ago. How the mighty have fallen.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Alaves, Espanyol, Villareal, Cadiz (Betis eliminato) and Valencia are the last teams to go through.

Betis-Cadiz 0-1

Betis-Cadiz 1-1

Betis-Cadiz 1-2

Betis-Cadiz 2-2

Betis-Cadiz 2-3

Betis-Cadiz 2-4

Betis-Cadiz 3-4

Betis-Cadiz 3-5

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Formentera have become another Numancia thanks to Athletic. Terrible performance,as Vietto with Atleti.
He missed so many chances.Probably Atleti would be happy getting half of the money that they paid for him.
Marca writes this morning that the signing of Kepa for january is inminent.
http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/11/30/5a1f19b422601db6388b456d.html
Euskadi is land of good goalkeepers and with his potential 20m€ can be a bargain
Edit: but hours before that COPE said: no transfers in january and Kepa/Courtois Next season
What's wrong with Navas then? Or have Madrid got bored and want a more world renowed keeper?

Navas been a big miss this season, Casilla is not top level standard. Overall he's done well after the flirtation with De Gea, Real Madrid win champions leagues with him between the sticks.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Alaves, Espanyol, Villareal, Cadiz (Betis eliminato) and Valencia are the last teams to go through.

Betis-Cadiz 0-1

Betis-Cadiz 1-1

Betis-Cadiz 1-2

Betis-Cadiz 2-2

Betis-Cadiz 2-3

Betis-Cadiz 2-4

Betis-Cadiz 3-4

Betis-Cadiz 3-5

Amazing from Cadiz. Betis aren't having a bad season. I guess they rested too many first team players tonight.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What's wrong with Navas then? Or have Madrid got bored and want a more world renowed keeper?

Navas been a big miss this season, Casilla is not top level standard. Overall he's done well after the flirtation with De Gea, Real Madrid win champions leagues with him between the sticks.
I think Florentino never liked Navas.2 years ago he was excellent but last year his level decreased a bit,besides there are some doubts for his injuries.
For what I heard/read the board is divided between Kepa and Courtois.(Florentino would want Stegen).
Some of them think the option of Kepa can be a bit risky,besides It would be a hostile purchase that would complicate the relationships with Athletic.
Personally I would offer 30(the clause +10 more) to Athletic but do they really need to buy him in January?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was Kepa in goal for Bilbao last night? I thought he should've come for the corner, guy scored the header from about 4 yards.

How long does Donnammura have left on his contract at Meelan. They will have to sell if they don't make champions league you'd imagine so would've thought Real Madrid would be all over him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Betis is on a downward spiral for some time. Lost 5-0 to Eibar a few weeks ago.
I do like watching Quique Setien teams but his managerial idol must be Keegan as defensively solid his teams certainly ain't!

Probably be the same as at Las Palmas who were pretty much safe by February and then gave up in away games from that point and were thumped a few times. Already seems to be happening at Betis.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I do like watching Quique Setien teams but his managerial idol must be Keegan as defensively solid his teams certainly ain't!

Probably be the same as at Las Palmas who were pretty much safe by February and then gave up in away games from that point and were thumped a few times. Already seems to be happening at Betis.
Also, his teams build momentum but just as easily go out of that momentum and enter bad spells that can be quite prolonged at times.

And they do really have a bad defense. 3-6 vs Valencia, 4-4 vs Sociedad, 0-5 vs Eibar, now conceded 5 from a lower league team. Quite a lot of goals they conceded. But somehow received 0 goals on Bernabeu, that doesn't make any sense tbh. :lol: I guess they are hot and cold, there's no other explanation. How can you receive 2 goals from Camp Nou and Bernabeu visits combined, and receive 5 on Ipurua?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mentality. Las Palmas got 3-3 draw at Real Madrid last season and then lost 3-0 away to Leganes a few weeks later.

"game raising c***s" think is the term the Cafe uses when teams dare to take points off Man. United. ;)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was Kepa in goal for Bilbao last night? I thought he should've come for the corner, guy scored the header from about 4 yards.

How long does Donnammura have left on his contract at Meelan. They will have to sell if they don't make champions league you'd imagine so would've thought Real Madrid would be all over him.
It wasn't Kepa in goal it was Herrerin. Kepa is a doubt for the Real game with an ankle injury.

Match 14 | 1/4 December

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend.

FRIDAY 1ST DECEMBER
  • Malaga 20:00 Levante
SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER
  • Barcelona 12:00 Celta Vigo
  • Atlético Madrid 15:15 Real Sociedad
  • Sevilla 17:30 Deportivo La Coruña
  • Athletic Bilbao 19:45 Real Madrid
SUNDAY 3RD DECEMBER
  • Leganes 11:00 Villarreal
  • Getafe 15:15 Valencia
  • Eibar 17:30 Espanyol
  • Las Palmas 19:45 Real Betis
MONDAY 4TH DECEMBER
  • Girona 20:00 Alavés

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Abelardo to Alavés
They already sacked De Blasis? Thought he'd do o.k as he got Albania to a major finals.

Aberlado wasn't great at Gijon, tough job to keep them up this year.

Think Malaga will get out of bottom 3, got some good attacking players so that's why I'm worried about Bilbao going into segunda.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They already sacked De Blasis? Thought he'd do o.k as he got Albania to a major finals.

Think Malaga will get out of bottom 3, got some good attacking players so that's why I'm worried about Bilbao going into segunda.
I wouldn´t be worried about Athletic. I do not like Abelardo either, what he did in Gijón can´t be very exciting for Alavés fans.
About Las Palmas, I had heard that they were negotiating with Paco Jémez, who left Cruz Azul, although I'm not sure if he can train this season. (According to the union of Spanish coaches, a coach can not train two teams in the same season, but I do not know if it applies in this case). Unfortunately, Deportivo (I am also a follower of Depor) will be in the bottom, although now with Parralo they have improved a bit.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

I'd like to disagree and defend Abelardo here, he took the club in an awful situation, got them to the promotion play-off (where they lost) but promoted them directly the next season, and it's not easy promoting in the second division. But his job witn Sporting in 2015/2016 might be the most underrated work anyone in La Liga has done recently, Sporting were flirting with bankruptcy, payments to the players weren't going though and they were sanctioned, with them having to fight to remain in La Liga with basically the same team they fielded in 2nd division and being allowed to only bring 3 sub-23 players on loan (and with a marginal wage cap for a La Liga team, too).

The fact that he managed to stay up in La Liga in those conditions was almost a miracle comparable to Leicester (hyperbole here), it was the same or worse next season where a lot of players left for free and he had to fight relegation with a squad of free transfers and loans on a tight wage cap I believe.

Now, in Alaves it might be another story and probably worse for him, he thrived in Gijon because he was a guy from the club, spent years working with the youth teams (which are like a religion there) and got time to get a project running, he won't have any of those things in Vitoria and joining mid-season with the team last probably will hinder his ability to set foundations at mid/long term, wish at least he does a good enough job even if they get relegated so he gets a chance to try and promote them next season.

I wouldn´t be worried about Athletic. I do not like Abelardo either, what he did in Gijón can´t be very exciting for Alavés fans.
About Las Palmas, I had heard that they were negotiating with Paco Jémez, who left Cruz Azul, although I'm not sure if he can train this season. (According to the union of Spanish coaches, a coach can not train two teams in the same season, but I do not know if it applies in this case). Unfortunately, Deportivo (I am also a follower of Depor) will be in the bottom, although now with Parralo they have improved a bit.
Come on :D, he was really restricted in options, for example in 15/16 he basically had three bullets to choose for his fight in relegation, he chose Sanabria, Halilovic and Mascarell, and all three of them worked.

Deportivo that same season for example, were in the same fight (only 3 points ahead of Sporting) and they had two full magazines to bring into the battle. Navarro, Arribas, Oriol Riera, Luis Alberto, Cani, Mosquera, Cartabia, Fajr or Lucas Perez are guys that give managers a lot more options to do their job, I'd say we need to see Abelardo with a proper chance before we get a good jugdement, Sporting have been a Circus for what, 20 years?

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
La Liga this weekend.

FRIDAY 1ST DECEMBER
  • Malaga 20:00 Levante
SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER
  • Barcelona 12:00 Celta Vigo
  • Atlético Madrid 15:15 Real Sociedad
  • Sevilla 17:30 Deportivo La Coruña
  • Athletic Bilbao 19:45 Real Madrid
SUNDAY 3RD DECEMBER
  • Leganes 11:00 Villarreal
  • Getafe 15:15 Valencia
  • Eibar 17:30 Espanyol
  • Las Palmas 19:45 Real Betis
MONDAY 4TH DECEMBER
  • Girona 20:00 Alavés
Real should beat Bilbao based on their shit form.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'd like to disagree and defend Abelardo here, he took the club in an awful situation, got them to the promotion play-off (where they lost) but promoted them directly the next season, and it's not easy promoting in the second division. But his job witn Sporting in 2015/2016 might be the most underrated work anyone in La Liga has done recently, Sporting were flirting with bankruptcy, payments to the players weren't going though and they were sanctioned, with them having to fight to remain in La Liga with basically the same team they fielded in 2nd division and being allowed to only bring 3 sub-23 players on loan (and with a marginal wage cap for a La Liga team, too).

The fact that he managed to stay up in La Liga in those conditions was almost a miracle comparable to Leicester (hyperbole here), it was the same or worse next season where a lot of players left for free and he had to fight relegation with a squad of free transfers and loans on a tight wage cap I believe.

Now, in Alaves it might be another story and probably worse for him, he thrived in Gijon because he was a guy from the club, spent years working with the youth teams (which are like a religion there) and got time to get a project running, he won't have any of those things in Vitoria and joining mid-season with the team last probably will hinder his ability to set foundations at mid/long term, wish at least he does a good enough job even if they get relegated so he gets a chance to try and promote them next season.

Come on :D, he was really restricted in options, for example in 15/16 he basically had three bullets to choose for his fight in relegation, he chose Sanabria, Halilovic and Mascarell, and all three of them worked.

Deportivo that same season for example, were in the same fight (only 3 points ahead of Sporting) and they had two full magazines to bring into the battle. Navarro, Arribas, Oriol Riera, Luis Alberto, Cani, Mosquera, Cartabia, Fajr or Lucas Perez are guys that give managers a lot more options to do their job, I'd say we need to see Abelardo with a proper chance before we get a good jugdement, Sporting have been a Circus for what, 20 years?
Yeah I probably was a bit harsh on Aberlado as it's always tough for a side like Gijon at top level. Probably more frustrated they couldn't challenge an awful Valencia for much of last season.

Alaves also lost a lot of quality from last year, lots of their loans went back and Pellegrino also left. Are you disappointed two of your cantera products are doing little there. Obviously Bojan has had his issues. Just when he was playing really well at Stoke, he did his ACL and that set him back and he's struggling in his loan spells.

Munir is one I'm most disappointed about. Looked decent for Barca and even at Valencia last year he looked like a decent forward. Now bench warming for La Liga's bottom team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why can't all teams that play against barcelona defend like juventus :mad::(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi is a cheat code. Some of the things he pulls off are just unreal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're giving Messi waaay too much space

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wass fecks up the easiest of cut-backs for 2 wide open teammatea 5 feet from the goal :mad::mad::mad:

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
These days we have to score 1 more than usual to be sure we are not fecked by blind men holding a stick with a flag.