La Liga 2017/18

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
When Guardiola was appointed Barça's manager, there was this fad of most teams appointing their youth teams' coaches to the first team, failing miserably in the process. Seems like Athletic has been caught in the second fad after Zidane's success. They just need a better coach, the talent is there.
I think that is exactly what happened. He seems a lovely guy and the players seem to like him, but it isn't working at the moment. I mentioned earlier that I think the EL is a hindrance with a new manager.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Make that 5-0. I am bemoaning my teams defending, but Betis are awful. That is 25 goals conceded. They can score goals, that is what has saved them so far.

Match 13 | 24/27 November - Valencia v Barca

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
FRIDAY 24TH NOVEMBER
  • Celta Vigo 20:00 Leganés
SATURDAY 25TH NOVEMBER
  • Alavés 12:00 Eibar
  • Real Madrid 15:15 Malaga
  • Real Betis 17:30 Girona
  • Levante 19:45 Atlético Madrid
SUNDAY 26TH NOVEMBER
  • Deportivo La Coruña 11:00 Athletic Bilbao
  • Real Sociedad 15:15 Las Palmas
  • Villarreal 17:30 Sevilla
  • Valencia 19:45 Barcelona
MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER
  • Espanyol 20:00 Getafe

So, Barcelona are top with 34 points, Valencia are second on 30. Real Madrid and Atletico are on 24. Who would have guessed that back in August?

Just to add a few more numbers. The top two are unbeaten (so are Atletico - they just keep drawing) Valencia have scored 32 goals so far this season, to Barca's 33. As I say, who would have guessed that!

Inter Yer Nan

If Barca won the league would be over. Who would have guessed it after the Spanish Super Cup?
I wouldn't say that. The last two seasons has saw Barca (2016) and Madrid almost lose leads of around 8-9 points.

I'm stunned to see Madrid this far back though. If Valencia can win this weekend or at least draw I do think they are the main contenders (especially with no Europe) but I don't count out Madrid going on a great run of 9-10 wins at some point.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't say that. The last two seasons has saw Barca (2016) and Madrid almost lose leads of around 8-9 points.

I'm stunned to see Madrid this far back though. If Valencia can win this weekend or at least draw I do think they are the main contenders (especially with no Europe) but I don't count out Madrid going on a great run of 9-10 wins at some point.
almost being the key word

As for us, well...we hammered valencia, we hammered betis, we didn't play well but still created enough against levante, and got only 2 points to show for it. Strangely enough you can say we've also been unlucky with the refs

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fancy Valencia to get at least a point.

Great to see they've finally settled down after a chaotic couple of years fighting relegation. La Liga needs a strong Valencia at the top end of the table. Made some really good signings for once in the window like Kongdobia, Guedes, Andreas Pereria etc which has raised the quality of their first 11.

Will qualify for the Champions league imo. Sevilla just aren't as strong as previous seasons and likes of Villareal are inconsistent.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I almost wouldn't be surprised if Valverde played for the draw, with the lead they have it would be a good result.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
zidane keeps not making sense with llorente and ceballos....

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
The Keeper saves everything from Ronaldo, not possible.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ref to the rescue :lol:

In all honesty how are we not up by 4? Malaga are pathetic