La Liga 2017/18

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We're dreadful to watch. Everyone standing still, asking for the ball ln the feet, 3-4 players consistently around the ball, standing still, in non-dangerous areas, with no pressure on the ball...

We can live with it while we're first in the league and winning games and titles, but right now team needs to start playing like the first half from the supercup against barcelona. Winning ugly is not okay right now

wr8_utd

:'(
Is it illegal in Spain to book Casameiro? He's like the Ramires of Liga. No matter what he does, he gets away with.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wish he'd be more enterprising with his dribbling, but holy feck, his shooting is something else. Wish Zidane gave him more chances playing down the middle

And as usual, we go up 2 goals and start playing some football

Paul_Scholes18

Watching Barcelona and Real full matches this weekend, they both seem quite vulnerable to me. They dont really compare to the dominant forces they used to be, although Real really miss Bale and Modric.
Agree. I think we do see a shift here.

Sadly the new dominant force seem to be City under Pep :( toying with the premier league so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cris played really well tonight, but still can't score...

Well it's fine when he plays lile this

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Ayestaran extends his record of most games lost in a row to 12 after this game.

Making history

Utdstar01

Real looking as good as they have done for quite a while. Not sure that's saying a lot though...

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Best game I’ve seen from Cristiano in a while, hopefully a sign his form can return for the winter.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I know las palmas are about as threatening as a puppy looking for cuddles, but I liked Vallejo. Not sure about the physical tools, but he showed good tactical awareness and reading of the game. Better than Nacho in that regard

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
In a way it's kind of a pity he never got to work with someone like Guardiola
Getting a little wild here, but if he keeps his spot in the starting 11 with Real and does a good World Cup in Russia, he has a chance of making it into the podium of the next Ballon d'Or

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Getting a little wild here, but if he keeps his spot in the starting 11 with Real and does a good World Cup in Russia, he has a chance of making it into the podium of the next Ballon d'Or
He really should, he has been so constant for us.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Agree. I think we do see a shift here.

Sadly the new dominant force seem to be City under Pep :( toying with the premier league so far.
I think City look great now but their defense is suspect and they could get exposed in CL if they play a great attacking team like a PSG. They are peaking right now but there's still a lot of time left in the season and they're due for a dip in form. They'll walk the EPL by double digit points as they have no competition in that league but I think CL will be a much different story.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This weekend's Liga. From the BBC so all times are UK.

FRIDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
  • Girona 1 Real Sociedad 1. FT
SATURDAY 18TH NOVEMBER
  • Getafe 12:00 Alavés
  • Leganés 15:15 Barcelona
  • Sevilla 17:30 Celta Vigo
  • Atlético Madrid 19:45 Real Madrid
SUNDAY 19TH NOVEMBER
  • Malaga 11:00 Deportivo La Coruña
  • Espanyol 15:15 Valencia
  • Las Palmas 17:30 Levante
  • Athletic Bilbao 19:45 Villarreal
MONDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
  • Eibar 20:00 Real Betis
Madrid derby tonight at the Wanda with the teams currently fighting it out for third and fourth place. The Madrid teams are level on 23 points - 8 points behind Barcelona. Valencia are second on 27 points

Last edited:

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
great to see girona doing well, only helps both us and them going foward