La Liga 2017/18

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Not sure this version of Barca would win against us, Spurs and Citeh.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sevilla playing much better in the second half but this goal probably came too soon.

This result would bring Madrid back to life, it would be a terrible time for Barça to lose points.

Deleted member 101472

Ronaldo isn't a striker and he's better than Aguero. I only have Lewandowski and Kane ahead of him right now.
Ronaldo sure looks like a striker most of the time. If you’re saying he isn’t one then Suarez isn’t one either, he spends a fair amount of time out right these days

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He’s not in the top 3 right now that’s a horrendous statement.

For one, Ronaldo is a striker. Harry Kane better, lewandowski, aguero etc
Suarez is in better form than Ronaldo, Ronaldo has the worst conversion rate in Europe.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
70% of time spent walking in a game 5 years ago

How much does Messi run in a match? Mind you, this was a friendly, while Messi was positioned a bit differently than he usually is for Barcelona. Messi played the entire 90 minutes, clocking up a total of 8.5 kilometers. Most of the time? You guessed it – walking, for about 70% of the match.

http://sportige.com/lionel-messi-08-2012-distance-covered-workrate-adidas-chip/

Because it was a friendly? Not at all, he was already doing that in 2012 with Guardiola

Pedro was their hardest worker, averaging 11.5km per game, while Xavi ranked second at a modest 11.3. Lionel Messi put in an shockingly low 8.2km for each 90 minutes played, but this was according to Pep Guardiola's game plan

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...un-more-than-everyone-else-possession-doesnt-

2011, Messi was already the player with less kilometers in FC Barcelona, running half than a 31 y/o Xavi

The average Barça player runs about 9-10 km per match (Xavi and Alves run more than 12 every match). How much would you expect Messi to run? Well, he runs in between 6 and 7 kilometers per match, which is half what Xavi runs, and is also way below average against his other teammates.

He just doesn't play hard every minute of the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ou-might-not-like-about-the-fc-barcelona-star

I swear, sometimes I don't know if you people put football games to sleep through them and only catch the goals, or if you just would argue anything to prove a point of the last thing you've said even if it's wrong in every way.

This has been a known fact for years, back when Pep took control of the team Messi had always carried a "easily injured" fame and Guardiola got criticized for using him every game, but somehow Messi stopped being injured while playing more games (because he started regulating his workrate, even tho people said it was doping, something that Leo sued for and just won 100k this same week btw).
You have a very odd way of arguing and it is very unvalid. Basically you are saying that because Messi runs less that his teammates for quite some time (which I never disputed), he doesnt run less now than he did back then. I hope you can see what is wrong with that reasoning.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I'd like our chances against this Barcelona. They are very vulnerable on the break.
United? No, Barca would be the favorites in that matchup, and Barca don't concede very often (neither does United I know)

I think Barca would definitely win a CL matchup with United.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldo sure looks like a striker most of the time. If you’re saying he isn’t one then Suarez isn’t one either, he spends a fair amount of time out right these days
Ronaldo is a second striker for both club and country. I wouldn't call a second striker a striker, at all.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
For people that don't know, Suarez has a cyst in his knee, he's having surgery on it over the international break and should be good to go once the break is over.

Deleted member 101472

Ronaldo is a second striker for both club and country. I wouldn't call a second striker a striker, at all.
Too many variations here. He plays up front and so does Suarez. Second striker, centre forward, number 10, false 9. He’s a fecking goal scoring attacker who spends most of his time where a forward should be

Paul_Scholes18

La liga look to be a bit boring this season. Barca just look like they will win it very easily. Sad compared to the last few seasons which was more tight.

Although hope Real can find some form so they can catch them.

Eddy_JukeZ

La liga look to be a bit boring this season. Barca just look like they will win it very easily. Sad compared to the last few seasons which was more tight.

Would be one of the worst league champs ever this Barcelona side. So uninspiring.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Probably was penalty. Not sure what the rule say in that situation, as it wasn't a tackle or an attempt to to play the ball/foul, just their legs got tangled as they were running...

Have to say, Sevilla looked ghastly in the first half, but barcelona have been playing maybe their best game of the season

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
You have a very odd way of arguing and it is very unvalid. Basically you are saying that because Messi runs less that his teammates for quite some time (which I never disputed), he doesnt run less now than he did back then. I hope you can see what is wrong with that reasoning.
Are you messing with me?

It is not about people remembering his performance, it is about a decline in his workrate and the speed he plays with when he has the ball.

It might be a very good point about regulating his form, resting so that he can play every week for an entire year and that isnt a bad thing.

However I have noticed that he doesnt seem up for it as he used to, he never has been a prime Suarez battler but he runs significantly less than himself a few years ago. There isnt much denying that and with his ability it seems a bit of a waste at time, whilst it might be better for him long term.
If it isn't about how much he runs (his workrate as you said) what is your point? That a 30 y/o Messi seems slower than his 22 y/o version? Because that's something normal, if you think that he has lost so much pace that he may end up ineffective, just watch at the slalom he did 15 minutes ago.

When you point at his workrate in games like today you should have in mind that he's played 8 full games in the last month with 2 of them being "finals" in South America, that's almost 800 minutes in October. You think it would be better for his teams to have him running more than him being there for the whole match?.

There's three stages of his career at this point, pre-Guardiola Messi when he was just another player with defensive duties and ended up injured a lot of the time, first part of Guardiola era Messi when he lost almost all defensive duties and played with an extra gear, and post double injury Messi where he started relying less on his explosiveness or long sprints (maybe he lost those) and more about positional playing and short burst sprints.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Since La Liga has had 20 teams the record for least goals conceded is 21, if Barça keep up like this they'll end the league with 14 conceded.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Are you messing with me?

If it isn't about how much he runs (his workrate as you said) what is your point? That a 30 y/o Messi seems slower than his 22 y/o version? Because that's something normal, if you think that he has lost so much pace that he may end up ineffective, just watch at the slalom he did 15 minutes ago.

When you point at his workrate in games like today you should have in mind that he's played 8 full games in the last month with 2 of them being "finals" in South America, that's almost 800 minutes in October. You think it would be better for his teams to have him running more than him being there for the whole match?.

There's three stages of his career at this point, pre-Guardiola Messi when he was just another player with defensive duties and ended up injured a lot of the time, first part of Guardiola era Messi when he lost almost all defensive duties and played with an extra gear, and post double injury Messi where he started relying less on his explosiveness or long sprints (maybe he lost those) and more about positional playing and short burst sprints.
The funny thing is that I dont disagree even with this post, it is just an observation. Given that he has to play so much it is a good thing that he conserves some energy, but dont you actually think that trying to finish matches more quickly is more befenitting than staying in the games for 90 min? Honest question.

red4ever 79

You can only beat what's in front of you which is what Barca are doing. Not their fault Real and Rinaldo have turned to shite

Gesalt

4-4-2 is allowing Barca get a better midfield control and allowing better defensive cover

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Losing to Barcelona isn't the worst thing in the world, but toto got it again wrong. n'Zonzi and Pizarro struggled against every attacking team when playing as double pivot. They looked like school kids in the first 40 minutes.
It's freaking frustrating.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Valverde is a 2nd rate Mourinho. His first instinct when in front is to make a step back and defend to play on the counter. That's not Barcelona. Not at home in La Liga.