La Liga 2017/18

Match 15 | 8/11 Dec

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend. From the BBC so all times are UK.

FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER
  • Alavés 20:00 Las Palmas
SATURDAY 9TH DECEMBER
  • Getafe 12:00 Eibar
  • Real Madrid 15:15 Sevilla
  • Deportivo La Coruña 17:30 Leganés
  • Valencia 19:45 Celta Vigo
SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER
  • Real Sociedad 11:00 Malaga
  • Real Betis 15:15 Atlético Madrid
  • Levante 17:30 Athletic Bilbao
  • Villarreal 19:45 Barcelona
MONDAY 11TH DECEMBER
  • Espanyol 20:00 Girona

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca usually drop points at El Madrigal don't they? Villareal been really poor at the back last few weeks so think Barca will just nick it 1-2.

Despite all the suspensions think Real Madrid will be o.k against Sevilla.

cyberman

Feck La Liga and their trend of putting big matches on at 3 on a Saturday

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
2 very interesting games in this weekend. Can see Real drawing again, while Barca should win this one.

cyberman

@JB08
Well no live football can be shown live between 3 and 5:15 in case fans decided to stay in for a big game and other attendances fall.
Its changed in Ireland where we get 1 game (since the rules doesn't exactly apply to us anyway but British tv had the rights) but for some reason they won't show La Liga.
It doesn't make sense. There's no reason Ireland shouldn't get a CL midweek type layout.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Las Palmas are going down aren't they.
Depends on their home results I think but poor at the back.

It's not terrible though. Remy has scored a few already although struggling for fitness and as you say Jonathon Vieria is a decent player.

What's happened to Vitolo there? Not bothered while he waits for his Atletico move?

RooneyLegend

Depends on their home results I think but poor at the back.

It's not terrible though. Remy has scored a few already although struggling for fitness and as you say Jonathon Vieria is a decent player.

What's happened to Vitolo there? Not bothered while he waits for his Atletico move?
They need to get rid of the coach, what's the obsession with playing Calleri? Vitolo has been decent. However I'm shocked at how little of him and Remy have paired up. Tana would do a better job in midfield than most of these guys and as you say the defence is a train wreck.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
@JB08
Well no live football can be shown live between 3 and 5:15 in case fans decided to stay in for a big game and other attendances fall.
Its changed in Ireland where we get 1 game (since the rules doesn't exactly apply to us anyway but British tv had the rights) but for some reason they won't show La Liga.
It doesn't make sense. There's no reason Ireland shouldn't get a CL midweek type layout.
I can understand why English games aren't shown at 3pm, as it would realistically stop some fans from attending games. I don't agree but I understand the logic.

Foreign leagues? Stupid imo.

XH6

I wonder if/when Ronaldo might start being rested for a few games. Sitting out a number of la liga games last season was apparently one of the key reasons for his insane end to the campaign, but he's started practically every game this year apart from the 4 he was banned for.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They need to get rid of the coach, what's the obsession with playing Calleri? Vitolo has been decent. However I'm shocked at how little of him and Remy have paired up. Tana would do a better job in midfield than most of these guys and as you say the defence is a train wreck.
Calleri scored last week so that's why he started again. Some of his misses last season at West Ham were horrific.

Mad how Paco A keeps getting managerial jobs. Good number 2 but he started last season with four defeats at Valencia and similar pattern at Las Palmas. Seems Paco Jemez is going to get the job after the winter break. He produced a good team at Rayo Vallecano, they were unlucky to go down in 15/16.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Noone watching Real-Sevilla?

Real just scored from a corner after some of the most pathetic defensive work i've ever seen from Lenglet and Kjaer.

Edit: was Muriel and Kjaer, makes more sense now :lol:

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What the feck is that Madrid's defense?

el3mel

Ronaldo was waiting for his Ballon d'Or to start his season apparently. :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ, what a beating. I kinda feel bad for Sevilla

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sevilla useless at the back. Never rated Kjaer much and likes of Lenglet and Carole mediocre.

N'zonzi big miss aswell.