La Liga 2017/18

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Sevilla are a joke. There's literally no excuse for a performance like this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano was waiting for the BoD to start his season in the league :lol:

Fantastic so far

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Yeah, but he won't be completely happy with it. He wants to play every minute when fit. Even when injured, he's a madman.
He seemed fine with missing league games towards the end of last season, I’m sure he won’t kick up a fuss about missing 15 minutes of a game they’re 5-0 up in.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I guess we'll start to see this happen from now on every once in a while. Ronaldo himself seems to realise it's important.
:lol: Dunno, he didn't look too happy I thought. But yes it's for the best, altough the guy is a machine, almost never injured.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Ronaldo seemed to accept it pretty naturally. He knows what it takes to win the 6th Ballon D'Or, the most important one. And staying in good shape throughout the season is more important than hat-tricks against push-overs. He's nearing 33, wasting his energy or risking injuries in useless minutes is absurd with the games that are just coming.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
So in the last two games Zidane has given one or two run-outs to Theo, Mayoral, Vallejo, Achraf, Llorente & Ceballos, while beating Dortmund and Sevilla. Kovacic & Asensio are more established, but can be mentioned too. They really have young talent in abundance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla were pathetic. Turned into an exhibition instead of a competitive game. Still, good showings by Vallejo, Achraf, Dani and Llorente. Cris man of the match performance and 2 goals. A lot of positives

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ronaldo is a smart guy, he knows he can't play everything anymore and expect to perform at the same level.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo is a smart guy, he knows he can't play everything anymore and expect to perform at the same level.
Ronaldo and Messi should've been doing this years ago, they played a lot of minutes in intranscendental games where they could've been resting. I won't praise Messi for doing what he should've done years ago and I have the same opinion about Ronaldo.

Johnny Tomala

Supports
FC Barcelona
Important match tomorrow for Barcelona. No away wins on tough stadiums so far this season (loss to RM, draw to Juve, ATM and Valencia). Time to finally win. I predict one goal victory for Barcelona, probably Messi will score the winner. Villarreal 1 Barcelona 2 is my prediction.

Reactions: Penna

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Valencia-Celta looks like it has the makings of a cracking game. Vigo lightning on the counter attack.

Bit hard to tell them apart though when the camera goes long lens. Light blue and white is a bit of a clash from a distance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Celta should've had two penalties.

Valencia having a dip atm. Pace they were going at was always going to be difficult to maintain.

prateik

A Celta player on a yellow intentionally handballed, the ref played advantage as the ball fell to Zaza. He was brought down, instantly.. The whole thing took 2 seconds.

The ref booked the Celta player who took Zaza down and ignored the first player , who was on a yellow and intentionally handballed to try and stop a break.

Whats the rule in that case.? Surely the ref should go back and book the player for an intentional hand ball, right?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A Celta player on a yellow intentionally handballed, the ref played advantage as the ball fell to Zaza. He was brought down, instantly.. The whole thing took 2 seconds.

The ref booked the Celta player who took Zaza down and ignored the first player , who was on a yellow and intentionally handballed to try and stop a break.

Whats the rule in that case.? Surely the ref should go back and book the player for an intentional hand ball, right?
Is Gerry Armstrong saying he didn't think it was a penalty? I haven't seen it. Valencia win. I would have thought they both should have been booked.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Celta should've had at least one penalty.

Unlucky defeat for them, Valencia's level has dropped recently so good three points.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rulli is an overrated keeper.

Would be a car crash in the premier league.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Rulli is an overrated keeper.
Yeah, he’s fallen of a cliff the last year or so. Was supposed to replace Romero in the national team some time ago but thankfully that hasn’t happened. Rulli is extremely error-prone and to be a defender in front of him must be a nightmare.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Malaga surprisingly 2 up in San Sebastian.

Borja missed the penalty but rebound tapped in. Huge win for Malaga this, big pressure on Bilbao now this afternoon.

Really though La Real would be better this season and challenge for top 4 spot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, he’s fallen of a cliff the last year or so. Was supposed to replace Romero in the national team some time ago but thankfully that hasn’t happened. Rulli is extremely error-prone and to be a defender in front of him must be a nightmare.
He can make some brilliant saves at times but weak on crosses and makes Neuer look like a sensible stay on your line keeper with some of his charges outside of his penalty area.

Do Man. City still technically own him?

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Do Man. City still technically own him?
Don’t think so. According to Wiki, La Real bought him in Janurary 2017. Couple of years ago I’d say he was one of the more talented GKs in world football but now I’d say Sociedad is his level. Was an absolute disaster for Argentina in the 2016 Olympics and can’t even make the squad since Sampaoli took over.