Lingard to join West Ham on loan

stevoc

Happy that he has his confidence back, the dilemma now is if ole decides to keep him I think he may have to be a first teamer to get the best out of him as seen with west ham.

Have to say a front 3 of - Lingard-cavani-James would be a nightmare for defenders in terms of pressing from the front.
That would be a nightmare alright.

stevoc

I would have had no complaints with him playing a role from the bench. But to be axed completely from the squad even after looking decent when given the odd chance was strange.
To be fair to Solkskjaer he looked far from decent in the majority of his appearances for United over the last 2 years. His best position is the same as Fernandes and Bruno basically plays every game. So his axing wasn't strange at all.

Don't Kill Bill

I hope Leicester make a bid for him because of Maddison's fitness issues. Then we can squeeze West Ham for 18-20 million for him.

Paul_Scholes18

It feels like many players turn into world class without Ole managing them. If managed by Ole they decline.

Lingard another example.

People always say Ole is good for selling deadwood when he is making them deadwood in the first place. The only counter example is Bruno who saved Ole.

Judas

Open to offers
On form, he's a lot more effective in our side than VDB, who doesn't fit at all so far. Thats not me saying bring him back, he's moving on and its the right thing for both parties.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It feels like many players turn into world class without Ole managing them. If managed by Ole they decline.

Lingard another example.

People always say Ole is good for selling deadwood when he is making them deadwood in the first place.
Lingard was poor before Ole came. In honesty Ole has improved alot of players. Fred, McTominnay, Shaw is just 3.

I dont think Ole is good enough, but you’re wrong here

Paul_Scholes18

Lingard was poor before Ole came. In honesty Ole has improved alot of players. Fred, McTominnay, Shaw is just 3.

I dont think Ole is good enough, but you’re wrong here
You are wrong he was quality when we got second place under Mourinho and played for England. Before that a decent backup player.
He was only pure shit under Ole.

Cassidy

You are wrong he was quality when we got second place under Mourinho and played for England. Before that a decent backup player.
He was only pure shit under Ole.
He goal drought started under Jose

stevoc

Lingard another example.

People always say Ole is good for selling deadwood when he is making them deadwood in the first place. The only counter example is Bruno who saved Ole.
Yeah how many?

Paul_Scholes18

He goal drought started under Jose
Everyone was poor when Mourinho got fired. Although Ole could not get him going again over a long time.

Granted Lingard is not good enough to start for us, but Ole is terrible with squad players.

Cassidy

Everyone was poor when Mourinho got fired. Although Ole could not get him going again over a long time.

Granted Lingard is not good enough to start for us, but Ole is terrible with squad players.
Not every attacking player didnt score or assist for over 12 months. He was the only one

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah how many?
Well I was mainly thinking Haaland, but that is a bit unfair since you can claim Ole helped develop him. Although Ole not buying him shows how he did not rate him for us. Lukaku as well, but we only had him a short time.
Young improved as well and Sanchez and Dalot too,but yeah no world beaters. Smalling was good for Ole so not included.
Fellaini he sold without playing I guess.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Lingard another example.

I think it’s more the club and how expectations still remain sky high despite the club not being at that level for years. A lot of players who leave this, for want of a better phrase, toxic pressure cooker of an environment - tend to do quite well.

Even though we’ve been poor performance-wise and honours speaking for however many years, the responsibility of playing for Manchester United is still as high as ever from fans, media, and punditry.

Purging yourself from such a spot and going to a completely different environment (or country in other cases) helps massively.

Have to remember - it’s not everyone, though! Lingard is doing well, as are Memphis and Lukaku. But then you have Mkhitaryan who tanked at Arsenal (though I’d say they have a similar issue to what I’ve said above, albeit in a slightly less impactful manner); Sanchez, Schneiderlin etc etc.

Falcow

Lingard another example.

What other players have turned world class since Ole sold them?

EvilChuck

Lingard another example.

Alternatively, without the immense pressure of fans who wont accept anything less than a win in every game, a player like Lingard is more free to play his game.

Go to a West Ham forum and read their match thread for yesterdays game and see the difference between that and anything you'd read on here. They were 3-0 up and didnt get a win, and their fans largely are ok with the result, some citing their injury problems, others accepting the fact that on the day the opposition was better than them. Of course they are disappointed with the manner of the result to lose a 3 goal lead, but arent necessarily disappointed with the result itself.

Now compare that to what this place would have been like if we were to throw away a 3-0 lead. Within minutes of the final whistle we'd have multiple new threads saying how our players arent good enough, are complete bottlers, the manager is shit, and bumping of every other negative thread.

Its not hard to see why players might struggle to enjoy playing for our club when we have one of the most toxic, self entitled fanbases in the world.

stevoc

Well I was mainly thinking Haaland, but that is a bit unfair since you can claim Ole helped develop him. Although Ole not buying him shows how he did not rate him for us. Lukaku as well, but we only had him a short time.
Young improved as well and Sanchez and Dalot too,but yeah no world beaters. Smalling was good for Ole so not included.
Fellaini he sold without playing I guess.
Haaland was good at Molde under Solskjaer, and it seems like he does rate him as he's said publicly.

Lukaku was having a shit season before Solskjaer came but he's a good player so no surprise he's doing well again in a team built around him. Young was always a decent player and playing in a league like Italy suited him at his age he' couldn't hack it in the PL anymore. Sanchez has been average for Inter, as has Dalot from what I've seen.

Selling Fellaini was a good move.

mu4c_20le

Let Herrera go at the right time as well, instead of giving him massive wages. He was about to decline and subsequently suffered a series of injuries over at Paris. Fred even came good for awhile, during that period when Pogba was out.

Paul_Scholes18

Haaland was good at Molde under Solskjaer, and it seems like he does rate him as he's said publicly.

Lukaku was having a shit season before Solskjaer came but he's a good player so no surprise he's doing well again in a team built around him. Young was always a decent player and playing in a league like Italy suited him at his age he' couldn't hack it in the PL anymore. Sanchez has been average for Inter, as has Dalot from what I've seen.

Yeah I do not claim to know how good Haaland was for Molde, but I do not think Ole knew how good he would be.

If he knew he should have tried getting him from Salzburg after he sold Lukaku.

I think not going for a striker that summer was an error or a wing forward type.

Paul_Scholes18

Alternatively, without the immense pressure of fans who wont accept anything less than a win in every game, a player like Lingard is more free to play his game.

Go to a West Ham forum and read their match thread for yesterdays game and see the difference between that and anything you'd read on here. They were 3-0 up and didnt get a win, and their fans largely are ok with the result, some citing their injury problems, others accepting the fact that on the day the opposition was better than them. Of course they are disappointed with the manner of the result to lose a 3 goal lead, but arent necessarily disappointed with the result itself.

Now compare that to what this place would have been like if we were to throw away a 3-0 lead. Within minutes of the final whistle we'd have multiple new threads saying how our players arent good enough, are complete bottlers, the manager is shit, and bumping of every other negative thread.

Its not hard to see why players might struggle to enjoy playing for our club when we have one of the most toxic, self entitled fanbases in the world.
I agree with the pressure. Lingard looks free to enjoy himself again and dare go for goals.
For us it was just sideway passes the last season.

For some reason he worked better when Mourinho put some faith in him too though and things went alright for us.

stevoc

Yeah I do not claim to know how good Haaland was for Molde, but I do not think Ole knew how good he would be.

If he knew he should have tried getting him from Salzburg after he sold Lukaku.

I think not going for a striker that summer was an error or a wing forward type.
He did we tried to sign him in January 2020.

Not singing a winger has cost us but they did try to sign Sancho. The big mistake the club made there though was not moving onto another target when Dortmund tried to fleece them.

Nori-

I hope this means we get more ££ for him in the summer.

I'm happy he's doing well but coming back to United shouldn't be an option.

Paul_Scholes18

He did we tried to sign him in January 2020.

Not singing a winger has cost us but they did try to sign Sancho. The big mistake the club made there though was not moving onto another target when Dortmund tried to fleece them.
Yeah I know, but I think we should have gone for a striker earlier than that or a winger.

Paul_Scholes18

I hope this means we get more ££ for him in the summer.

I'm happy he's doing well but coming back to United shouldn't be an option.
I think it may be better for both parts if he goes.

He is in theory a great squad player, but I do think he like being the big star for West Ham.

Lee565

I have no words, good grief. :houllier:
I didn't say it would be a quality trio, just that they would probably impressive in terms of being relentless in pressing the opposition defenders, besides I thought that is what a lot of united fans wanted from players, a load of passion and relentless running around on the pitch. Ole seems to like it as well seeing as he favours james a lot even during his awful spell, as well as a midfield duo of mctominay and fred and use to favour lingard despite 0 assists and goals for almost a whole season.

justsomebloke

Lingard another example.

Really? And who are all these others who turned into world class footballers once they left?

But of course, it FEELS like that so it's not like you have to prove it. You're clearly a very emotional man.

Polar

Lingard another example.

Another alternative. Here we go:

Fans were toxic and turned or broked him down.
If supported by United fans they decline:lol:

Players have to take responsibility for their own situation, and I’m glad Lingard finally did.

justsomebloke

Everyone. Check out the Jesse Lingard thread in the Players section. See how many posters thought he ought to have been a regular starter before he was loaned out, or that the club was unfairly holding him back. Check out his player ratings in the games where he played. Then have a good think about that before going on this thread and posting BS about how OGS destroyed him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait are people saying Ole ruined Lingard? For anyone to claim that with a straight face they have to show posts of them saying that BEFORE Lingard went on loan, otherwise it’s just captain hindsight rubbish.

redshaw

Sometimes you have to let people go or freeze them out for their own good so they can actually sort themselves out personally. He's not good enough to start and will get in a rut if just a squad player again, he squandered chance after chance.

We also had Mason doing very well scoring 17 goals.