Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Those midfield passes were sublime.

He sits on the highest table with Paul Scholes in terms of his lowest level is still miles ahead of many defenders.

Incredible footballer.
Martinez has been great, II'm a big fan. But settle down.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I’ve never understood blindly fanboying for players, but feck me do I now. The man could two foot one of our own, get sent off for it, and I’d blame the person on the receiving end of it for getting him angry.
And that's not fanboying, that's you slowly going insane

Chief123

He’s a fantastic CB and up there with the very best. Absolutely no need or likelihood that he plays in CDM. I personally think he’d struggle there. It’s a very different game when the game is always played in front of you. But in midfield it’s a completely different situation. He would probably still do a better job than McTominay but I see no need to weaken our defence by moving him. Martinez and Varane with Casemiro in front is just a disgusting spine to try and break through.

RedIan

Very composed tonight, barely broke a sweat. Loads in the locker. Great passing. Im so glad we have him.

CloneMC16

He is unreal. I feel bad for questioning him before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Having a player as comfortable as him on the ball at CB is such a huge difference. Watching him bypass the press is a thing of beauty. As is his passing.

Real Name

He's a complete, high quality CB, does everything, defend, passes the ball, breaks up the play, get himself out of the tricky situations with attackers like there's nothing to it. Its a joy to watch him.

jeepers

Can’t wait for the glazers to feck off so I can finally buy a jersey with his name and number on the back. He’s representing all of us midget leftie CBs!!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s ridiculously good. He made a few Forest players have to pay to get back in last night. Immense.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I just love his positioning in the transition phase, so intelligent. He always finds himself just at the right spot to cut out the opposition's counter (and then he usually quickly sets up our own with an accurate forward pass).

Stylistically it's the same thing that Maguire likes to do so it looks even more impressive in juxtaposition.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Loved when Dennis was rolling around on the floor after getting a tiny kick on his foot, just simply said "get the feck up" and walked off :lol:

He's a 90's player in a 20's world.

U99ted

The thread says 0 goals? Wasn't he credited with the equaliser v. Arsenal?

TsuWave

CB's in the 90's wouldn't even dare to dream of being as technically sound as Martinez. There isn't a single football action that he struggles with. He's a 20's player in a 20's world

and I know you meant attitude, but it's not like the game is lacking in fighters these days, so yeah

lex talionis

difficult to choose between him and Case as the signing of our season thus far. :drool:
Martinez has been brilliant for us this season — easily on the EPL XI — but Casemiro is clearly our signing of the season.

UpWithRivers

CB's in the 90's wouldn't even dare to dream of being as technically sound as Martinez. There isn't a single football action that he struggles with. He's a 20's player in a 20's world

and I know you meant attitude, but it's not like the game is lacking in fighters these days, so yeah
You mean Maldini, Desailly, Matheus, Nesta, McGrath, Sol Cambell and on and on. Teams never played current tactics. High line etc. But there were some very gifted CB's

TsuWave

You mean Maldini, Desailly, Matheus, Nesta, McGrath, Sol Cambell and on and on. Teams never played current tactics. High line etc. But there were some very gifted CB's
I consider those guys great. I don’t consider most of them as technically sound as Martínez. Maldini and Nesta yeah - but my post was more in general sentiment regarding the average CB back then. If we’re name dropping some of the best CB’s ever then yeah, you’ll likely find guys that can match up

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Martinez has been brilliant for us this season — easily on the EPL XI — but Casemiro is clearly our signing of the season.
I'd say Martinez was our most important signing in the first couple months of the season, the difference he was making to our defence and fighting mentality was huge. You could see it really lifting a few other players, Dalot in particular. But yeah Casemiro has certainly taken that mantle since then. Partly because of how good he's been himself, partly because Martinez hasn't been quite at the same level since the World Cup, and partly due to us having more depth in the defence whereas Casemiro is near irreplaceable.

Abraxas

This guy's consistency is relentless. Every duel, every pass, every game.

Blood Mage

Got to be the best CB on the ball in the world right now? Not sure who's a better passer than him among defenders.

Kostov

Can anyone post that instance where he received the ball and turned with the attacker on his back? That was fecking class. Absolute top class player and I think he can fit in at number of positions easily.

DonnyCostsAlotOfMoney

Supports
Ajax
Ajax with Martinez: first 22 games 21/22; 5 goals received
Ajax without Martinez: first 19 games 22/23: 21 goals received

Man Utd with Martinez: 11 received after 20 games (didnt play all games)
Man Utd before martinez; 26 received after first 19 games 21/22

Not doing some data wizardry; just too lazy to google exact numbers

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can anyone post that instance where he received the ball and turned with the attacker on his back? That was fecking class. Absolute top class player and I think he can fit in at number of positions easily.
I was watching the game with a mate who doesn’t support or watch Utd games and he was blown away by that move. Was even more surprised when I told him he tends to do that every single game and make it look the easiest thing in the world. The guy is sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.