Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Calmed things down when he came on. Love him

Real Name

The face it's just his first year and fans are bringing Argentina flags to games says everything.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Will be sorely missed on Thursday

acnumber9

It was a game in the league where we have a comfortable lead over 5th, and had used them not too long ago vs City (successfully). The cups are simply more important right now, and it wasn't a big risk doing that.
We only have a comfortable lead over fifth because we won the game. And we only won the game because he reverted to what should’ve started the game. We’ve got away with it today.

He used them against City when we had Casemiro and Eriksen in midfield who could both pass the ball and position themselves reasonably. Todays midfield couldn’t.

IFC 1905

Criminal he's not a regular for Argentina ahead of fukking Otamendi.
It's not criminal at all. Otamendi played a hell of a World Cup. Everyone here accepted Lisandro on the Bench knowing whata shame it is. But right now there's a lot of pressure from the fans to make Licha a starter. And it's just a matter of time.

Frank White

Probably my favourite signing of are "shite era" genuinely night and day between him and Maguire, he's so good.

Just Hope

It's not criminal at all. Otamendi played a hell of a World Cup. Everyone here accepted Lisandro on the Bench knowing whata shame it is. But right now there's a lot of pressure from the fans to make Licha a starter. And it's just a matter of time.
Pretty much, Ottamendi is on his way out, Licha will probably be the first-choice CB in the future.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We only have a comfortable lead over fifth because we won the game. And we only won the game because he reverted to what should’ve started the game. We’ve got away with it today.

He used them against City when we had Casemiro and Eriksen in midfield who could both pass the ball and position themselves reasonably. Todays midfield couldn’t.
We're 7 ahead, would have been 5 had he not brought on Martinez. 5 points clear of this season's Spurs is comfortable enough.

Real Name

True, our class manager changed the game with his subs and formations changes.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’m not sure a Premier League game away from home against an opponent that there were going to be pressing us like mad is the time for a training session.
You would be surprised to hear. Don't undermine it as a "training " session . Just wait till Thursday.

Have you seen the new look Barca ? If not, please try to get some highlights of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spurs aren’t the only team below us.
Yes... There are teams below Spurs who are more than 7 points behind. 3rd or 4th makes feck all difference.

Point is, we have room to spare. We also have a game against one of the best sides in the world on Thursday where we are underdogs and without Martinez. It made sense to ensure Varane is fresh, and that Shaw got some reps there. You might disagree with it but it was entirely logical and worth it when you consider the risks (which was to be 5 clear of 5th... Big deal).

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Why isn't he available for Barca?

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
World Class. What a player! Haven't enjoyed watching a defensive minded player since peak VVD and Kante.

HackeyC

It gives me great pleasure to reflect on Souness' comments prior to him kicking a ball.

suheilsworld

That’s the difference between him varane and maguire …. Their first intention is to look for a forward pass, switch play and not pass side way or to gk…. Butcher!!!

Just Hope

I'm kind of bothered by the Butcher nickname. While he can appear rushed and aggresive he can play a mean long ball and has a very well developed sense of football.

I guess a good butcher has good technique :lol:.

Real Name

I'm kind of bothered by the Butcher nickname. While he can appear rushed and aggresive he can play a mean long ball and has a very well developed sense of football.

I guess a good butcher has good technique :lol:.
When you go shopping for food it's always great to have a good butcher who knows his business. :D

Sylar

Will be good to have him back next week especially trying to play out the back. Missed that incisive pass that turns us around

Man Utd 3:0 Leicester

Chief123

Im beginning to think he isn’t a CB. He’s actually a playmaker for us!

I’ve lost count the number of attacks we have that start from him hounding a defender forcing them to lose control or nicking it off them aggressively and starting the transition.

I’m not one to over react but right now I think I’d have Martinez ahead of prime Maldini.

SB16

This guy.

A couple of challenging moments in the first half, but he genuinely makes playing in defence in the Premier League look like child's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.