Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Absolutely. Andersen did it all game to Nunez when they played Palace and rattled him enough to get him sent off (there’s a good video of all his antics on YT leading up to the sending off).

I was happy to see Martinez was giving Salah a shoulder barge etc here and there. Asserting dominance.
Martinez did it to Nunez in the Benfica game as well, and Nunez lost his head a bit as well

see the tackle after 2:00 here:

TheReligion

Abusive
His highlights here

Very good game.

His accurate first time passing makes such a difference in the build up along with his willingness to move into space with the ball. His aggression and front foot defending is something else we haven’t had for some They’ll be the odd time he gets caught over committing but the benefits out weigh the negatives.

Unfortunately for Maguire he’s gradually become the opposite to this. He often slows the game down with his passing and lacks confidence to move in to space to create options when he can’t find a pass. I think this is mainly due to lack of confidence in his own abilities to recover back should get get caught. This habit of standing on the ball needs to stop or he’ll have to go.

Hopefully he can get this back at some point should we keep him but giving him time away from the team is correct until this improves and gets rid of these bad habits.

Real Name

Very good game.

His accurate first time passing makes such a difference in the build up along with his willingness to move into space with the ball. His aggression and front foot defending is something else we haven’t had for some They’ll be the odd time he gets caught over committing but the benefits out weigh the negatives.

Unfortunately for Maguire he’s gradually become the opposite to this. He often slows the game down with his passing and lacks confidence to move in to space to create options when he can’t find a pass. I think this is mainly due to lack of confidence in his own abilities to recover back should get get caught.
Yeah, his positioning and reading of the game is top notch. Defending is not just defending per se but to cut of an opponents pass or disrupt their attack from the begining before the ball even comes to your box and he was doing that the whole night.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I love how gullible most pundits are (especially Craig Burley who might be the worst pundit on TV).

After 2 games where all our team was a shambles, Lisandro was written off as too short and not up to PL standards.

One game later, he is a sure starter with Maguire never getting his place back.

Maybe its best not to judge a player coming into a new league and a team in disarray after 2 games.

Hope to see more of the same from him this weekend.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I love how gullible most pundits are (especially Craig Burley who might be the worst pundit on TV).

After 2 games where all our team was a shambles, Lisandro was written off as too short and not up to PL standards.

Maybe its best not to judge a player coming into a new league and a team in disarray after 2 games.

Football has become way too reactionary

macheda14

Very good game.

His accurate first time passing makes such a difference in the build up along with his willingness to move into space with the ball.
It was telling that Keane kept on highlighting Martinez's first time pass to Elanga. It's exactly the type of ball Keane liked to play, quick out of feet and forwards. You could tell Keane was really impressed with him.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Very good game.

Unfortunately for Maguire he’s gradually become the opposite to this. He often slows the game down with his passing and lacks confidence to move in to space to create options when he can’t find a pass. I think this is mainly due to lack of confidence in his own abilities to recover back should get get caught. This habit of standing on the ball needs to stop or he’ll have to go.

Hopefully he can get this back at some point should we keep him but giving him time away from the team is correct until this improves and gets rid of these bad habits.
He's also not careless with his aggression, either. At least not in that game. Contrast that with someone like Baily or Rojo who were just fecking mad. As you say, he may get caught out a few times, but that's where Varane comes in handy. He has good recovery pace and his reading of the game is excellent. On paper, they seem like a good partnership.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
One thing I noticed about him in the last match (and in the highlights videos above) is that he's a technically superb header of the ball. Really attacks the ball and uses his neck/core strength to head it with great power and accuracy. Which is something that is sometimes lacking in much taller defenders (looking at you, Mr Bailly)

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Football has become way too reactionary
Especially when it comes to defenders and goalkeeprs. you need a large sample size to know if they are good or bad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One thing I noticed about him in the last match (and in the highlights videos above) is that he's a technically superb header of the ball. Really attacks the ball and uses his neck/core strength to head it with great power and accuracy. Which is something that is sometimes lacking in much taller defenders (looking at you, Mr Bailly)
Aggression in everything he does, which Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly all lack. It's no wonder we've been so soft ove rthe last few years.

GueRed

It's only three games in but I like him already.
If he fully adapts to the Premier League I think he will be very good..

He reminds me of Gabriel Heinze but much better on the ball.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Aggression in everything he does, which Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly all lack. It's no wonder we've been so soft ove rthe last few years.
I’ve been banging that drum for years. I hate the passive type defending that’s become acceptable at United. It’s no wonder the team was soft as shite. Loving the new aggressive streak, long time needed!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bailly didn't lack aggression? He was pretty wild actually. Just can't stay fit.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think Malacia was better but was solid. Still think there's much more to come, especially on the ball.

Ekeke

5 aerials won, joint most on the pitch with Bella Ketchap

Lots of people shitting their pants with the idea that you can win the ball in the air if you arent 6 feet tall

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Love him. He’s like the anti-Lindelof. Plays on the front foot, makes ground challenges, challenges for every aerial duel, plays like a hard bastard. Hope he stays injury free.

the_cliff

MOTM again for me.

Hopefully Varane can stay fit because this partnership looks good.

GoldanoGraham

All those Liverpool fawners shitting on him a couple of weeks ago - he is a beast - looks like he is gonna be out new Vidic - hard as nails.

Fantastic signing - thank him we listened to ETH and went for him rather than Pau Torres!

Abraxas

Two performances in a row that were man of the match contenders. Really good.

mu4c_20le

Stats like that don't show his mistakes. But he was still 9/10. Good signing so far.

FatTails

MOTM. He’s such an aggressive defender and the contrast of styles with Varane is really nice. Not saying they’re at the same level, but very similar to the Rio and Vidic pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.