Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole90+3

I mean, you're talking about 1 situation and Varane also had trouble with against Gabriel (muscling and backing into and getting on the end of the ball). The main thing was Arsenal had all of the ball and Gabriel did a really good job, getting himself into loads of situations against our CBs. Some Gabriel won, some our defenders won.
I read this thinking you were on about their CB until the last sentence :lol:

chris123

Gabriel Jesus was far too good for both Martinez and Varane.
Is this really true? Didn't score or have any dangerous attempts in the box. Jesus is seriously talented and had a good game, but I don't think he got the better of our two centre backs by any stretch.

ShinjiNinja26

I really hope it’s nothing serious he went off with. It was absolutely terrifying seeing Maguire at the back despite only being on the pitch for 15 minutes.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a really good defender. Smart, calm, aggressive and physical.

Delano

His passing through the lines is fundamental to our build up. Hope its not too serious.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Love him already (and to be honest, already loved his style of defending from highlight videos before we signed him :lol:), but he wasn't quite as solid today as in some of the other games so far. Both him and Malacia were a little bit shaky, but got through ok.

-Supreme-

His passing ability has alleviated our transitions and particularly when being pressed, this is such a vital part of ingredient to Ten Hag tactical setup.

Ekeke

Is this really true? Didn't score or have any dangerous attempts in the box. Jesus is seriously talented and had a good game, but I don't think he got the better of our two centre backs by any stretch.
He had 5 key passes, he worked his socks off and caused problems but there were several times that Lisandro or Varane came out on top too. Its just they came up against each other so much that both sides had success. If Arsenal were better at getting their shots on target it could have led to more goals, but it didnt today

ManRed

Drop in quality and my confidence after he got subbed off says it all. Never sure with Maguire in there to defend or build an attack. Hope the lad is ok

mancan92

Agreed it was a great battle. Jesus is going to cause every team trouble. But he didn't have any meaningful attempts on goal and thats down to both cbs

The United

I mean, you're talking about 1 situation and Varane also had trouble with against Gabriel (muscling and backing into and getting on the end of the ball). The main thing was Arsenal had all of the ball and Gabriel did a really good job, getting himself into loads of situations against our CBs. Some Gabriel won, some our defenders won.
Of course, I compare him and other CBs of ours against top and in form strikers and see how they do. I don't expect him to be perfect all the time. But I am hoping that little detail one situation does not happen regularly. Because all of them count when you are competing for the highest honors.

Blood Mage

Please tell me he won't be out for long. Will instantly lose confidence in our defending with Maguire back in there.

He was good today, better than he was against Leicester. Jesus is a top player and will give the best defenders in the world a challenge.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Please tell me he won't be out for long. Will instantly lose confidence in our defending with Maguire back in there.

He was good today, better than he was against Leicester. Jesus is a top player and will give the best defenders in the world a challenge.
I doubt it was anything that actually needed subbing off, but we were at the point where we had to make our last subs so couldn't risk anything with him or Rashford so just took them both off. Probably just cramp after he cleared it.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Future captain of Utd, no question. He's a player that makes his team mates fight. His attitude is the bar that all the others have to match

dbs235

I really hope it’s nothing serious he went off with. It was absolutely terrifying seeing Maguire at the back despite only being on the pitch for 15 minutes.
I've never been as harsh on Maguire as most people are, but I was the same, terrified until the final whistle went :lol:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This man spells the end of the passive defending we have had for the past few years. No more backing off as players charge 40 yards towards the goal, but more front foot defending.

His passion is intoxicating, exactly the sort of attitude we need running through the team. I actually think he fires others up a lot and raise their game with all the aggressive cheering he does.

criticalanalysis

Poor foul to give in the 1st minute and then overeager in the channel in the 2nd half. Other than that, as others have said, it was a good battle with Jesus and both players ended up 'winning' or edging battles. Overall though Varane and Martinez kept them at bay with plenty of support from Dalot and Malacia. Not perfect but overall a good defensive effort from the back four. With better Arsenal players, they could have taken their chances but that's for another day.

His passing through the lines was great. Would love to see how some may spin his passing as 'nothing special' anymore.

El Jefe

Tbf Jesus would have given any defender in the world problems with how he played today. Not even Casemiro could get him off the ball cleanly, Mctominay had to rugby tackle him to get him to go down.

As well as Jesus played, he didn't have any real opportunities on goal so you would still have to say the CBs did well even though they lost a few duels.

TheReligion

Abusive
Here's hoping his injury is nothing serious

They mentioned cramp at the end.

He walked off and came back on the pitch to celebrate at full time.

Can’t imagine it’s anything too bad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His playing out from the back is fecking fantastic. Don't think anyone else in the league is capable of the line splitting passes like he's been doing for us as a center back. Brilliant defender as well.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This man spells the end of the passive defending we have had for the past few years. No more backing off as players charge 40 yards towards the goal, but more front foot defending.

His passion is intoxicating, exactly the sort of attitude we need running through the team. I actually think he fires others up a lot and raise their game with all the aggressive cheering he does.
He only played few games in the league and is already not having issues to settle with his new partners in defence. Such a big difference to piss-poor Lindelof. This style of defendeing is not just entertaining, more effective defending but also gives us all kinds of chances to start quick counters and with the quality of final ball of some of he the players ( him including) we are creating all kinds of great opportunities.

Talking about turning defence into attack quickly great we are finally getting it what's important and adding more ball winning on the front foot defending players to Fred who seem to be the only one up until we added Lisandro, Casemiro, Malacia and even Antony. And others will join them it's contigious.

Such a big difference, we finally seem transform our style of play in the progressive direction...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So I have not read much about his height, is that not a thing anymore? Managers seem to not target him anymore either ;)

IFC 1905

Love that kind of passes at 1:18

There was also a really nice play at the first half where he beats saka (who dived) and goes foward ending it with a nice scoop pass to Sancho who gets a foul with a yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.