Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's never been brilliant against the top teams and defenders who can match his pace and physicality. Martinez made easy work of him.
Kane's got a good record against the top teams and he isn't particularly pacy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was always a bit apprehensive claiming that the old time cb greats on the shorter sides would be capable of serving it up in today's game, he's made that go away.

Sgreddevil

He is really one of the best signings post-fergie era. Apart from his skills, the most important trait he has over our past failed big time signings is his attitude. The best example was the last tackle on Kane. He looked utterly disgusted with himself when he misdribbled and got the ball out for a corner. We all knew that won't have an impact to the win even if spurs scored from the corner. He is exactly the type of players that we need to bring in. Competent in his technical ability with exceptional attitude towards each game.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Red Rash

Another really good performance. So assured on the ball and seems to regularly put in those 7.5 and 8 out of 10 performances. Great consistency

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What do you think bro. As I said when you guys signed him this summer: he will become a fan favorite and is a future captain.
Well you did get some decent cash for him as consolation so not all bad.

Hope you find the next of his kind down the ro

Kane's got a good record against the top teams and he isn't particularly pacy.
Not really, other than Arsenal he's not close to even a goal every 2 games against the big sides. Less if you take away the penalties. Against us he's 5 in 18.

He used to have pace but injuries have taken a lot away.

IFC 1905

He is really one of the best signings post-fergie era. Apart from his skills, the most important trait he has over our past failed big time signings is his attitude. The best example was the last tackle on Kane. He looked utterly disgusted with himself when he misdribbled and got the ball out for a corner. We all knew that won't have an impact to the win even if spurs scored from the corner. He is exactly the type of players that we need to bring in. Competent in his technical ability with exceptional attitude towards each game.
I hope @GifLord can make a gif of that play or a video, not when Kane has the ball but before it, before the ball reaches the area. Martines is reading the play all the time. First, he's about to come out to press, then gets back and reads the Kane possibility. And then he goes against him and wins the ball, tries to preserve it instead of kicking it elsewhere and gets the corner. He gets mad with himself with all the stadium screaming "Argentina, Argentina".

It's amazing to watch.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I hope @GifLord can make a gif of that play or a video, not when Kane has the ball but before it, before the ball reaches the area. Martines is reading the play all the time. First, he's about to come out to press, then gets back and reads the Kane possibility. And then he goes against him and wins the ball, tries to preserve it instead of kicking it elsewhere and gets the corner. He gets mad with himself with all the stadium screaming "Argentina, Argentina".

It's amazing to watch.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not really, other than Arsenal he's not close to even a goal every 2 games against the big sides. Less if you take away the penalties. Against us he's 5 in 18.

He used to have pace but injuries have taken a lot away.
I always felt like he had a better record against us. I know early on he didn't score against us for ages but picked up later. Fair enough.

El Jefe

My Butcher.

He put England's golden boy in his extra small pockets tonight. Wonder what the pundits will say now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's genuinely a world class CB IMO. Don't even think it's too early to say. He just looks so good, pretty much every game. On and off the ball. A class above. What a signing. And to think out of all our targets, I thought he was kind of random:lol:

Future captain for sure. Keep him away from Barca and Real Madrid.

Welbeckham

He’s already one of my favourite United players of the post-SAF era. Great player, brilliant character.

Rolaholic

He's got the makings of a future club captain honestly, his fire and attitude is infectious for the squad.

eire-red

He has been the catalyst on the pitch, and ETH has been off the pitch. Two great decisions to get them in the club.

redom

Class act, his composure on the ball and also when defending is fantastic, he never looks rushed or panicked and just picks his moment to get a foot in or apply pressure but it's also paired with a real tenacity so attackers never feel settled or comfortable.

Elcabron

Agreed. There was a little moment at the end of the first half as well where Kane was just about to pass to someone and Martinez barged, cleanly I might add but unexpectedly and won the ball. I love his agression, ability on the ball and determination.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect much of him we signed him and had major doubts after first couple of games. Those two games looking like Evra and Vidic first games now.

Valencia Shin Crosses

A colossus. He proves the 'height is most important' pundits wrong week after week, game after game. Long may it continue.
I thought that was the dumbest argument ever when people made it. As if we are playing giants every week that just look to dominate the air like prime Ronaldo. This isn't the 442 era of the PL, you don't need tree's at the back if you can defend on the front foot and are a dominant passer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His proactive action to win the ball back in midfield resulted in us scoring our first goal. It won't go down as a assist but his contribution was key in that goal. He's a brilliant player who plays with good technical ability and a big heart.

RuudTom83

What a god damn genius he is....truly wonderful to watch (even more so as a pair with Varane)

Status
Not open for further replies.