View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Adamsk7

Our only world class player (IMO). Being a great player is more than moments like we get with Bruno and Rashford, it’s about consistency and this guy is solid every game.

It’s the thing that gives me more hope over Mainoo being that than say Garnacho.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Praying he stays fit because he’s a colossal player. I’d argue our most important player and on consistency probably our best player too.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Licha is world class footballer.

Posters who kept spamming "he's so overrated", "he needs to be moved on", "he won't make a difference" while he was injured, are world class clowns.

NoPace

Our only world class player (IMO). Being a great player is more than moments like we get with Bruno and Rashford, it’s about consistency and this guy is solid every game.

It’s the thing that gives me more hope over Mainoo being that than say Garnacho.
Only player on the team I might throw in a World XI, though only in a 3 at the back situation where he could play with 2 other CBs to his right. Probably would be him in that spot with a slightly younger player (Bastoni, Gvardiol, Colwill) challenging him pretty soon.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Carragher isn't wrong. His height is weakness on set pieces. General play it's less of an issue.

NoPace

This guy is hyped beyond belief. Yet to see it.
He looked great a couple times for Brighton last year when I watched them. He's 20 years old, so that's already pretty promising. Guehi is the next youngest CB in and around the England team and he's 23 and was not there at 20. I'd guess he'll end up being very, very good.

Borninthe80ts

Agreed, of all those who have come back I think he is the most positively influential.
He really changes the dynamics of how we play and for me is our most important player. I’d really like us to get a good back up who can play in the same style as when he is missing we are definitely a different team. The young Everton defender looks primed and ready.

Fallon d'Floor

He really changes the dynamics of how we play and for me is our most important player. I’d really like us to get a good back up who can play in the same style as when he is missing we are definitely a different team. The young Everton defender looks primed and ready.
Branthwaite?

He's not that good on the ball. He has the occassional long diagonal in his locker, but is inconsistent with it.

He actually reminds me of a young Phil Jones. I'd be wary of signing him due to the style he's used to with Dyche.

dutchred

Branthwaite?

He's not that good on the ball. He has the occassional long diagonal in his locker, but is inconsistent with it.

He actually reminds me of a young Phil Jones. I'd be wary of signing him due to the style he's used to with Dyche.
He was very very good at PSV last year

Borninthe80ts

Branthwaite?

Yeah I meant him. I’m sure there are probably better players technically, and Martinez is a level above, but I think he has a good range of passing that can be developed. He is rangy, composed and good in the air. His not as aggressive but this to can be worked on.

I’m not sure about the Jones comparison. Phil was decent on the ball but more blood and thunder type of defender for me. Both similar in pace but styles are fundamentally different.

Takes so much pressure off us. Teams don't press us as much and when they do he cuts through their lines.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hopefully we get some clarity on the icing post match and it’s simply precautionary.

He did seem to be walking around on the pitch fine at the end of the game

Red00012

The Butcher has returned and he’s still class. Didn’t like his foot getting strapped up at the end though, worried we’ve rushed him back again.
But but but he’s not tall enough and injured alot and other stuff we can abuse him about

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's a huge player for us. You can see his influence all over how we played in the first half.

led_scholes

Licha is world class footballer.

Posters who kept spamming "he's so overrated", "he needs to be moved on", "he won't make a difference" while he was injured, are world class clowns.
Name and shame. Who the hell said that?

lex talionis

Proper Man, even if he is only 5’5”. It’s not hard to see Barcelona coming in for him soon.

Ekeke

I dont think its unfair to say hes weaker than some CBs in the air. But playing CB is about your partnership with another or multiple players if you include the keeper coming out for crosses, or playing in a back 3 and having 2 partners

When Rio first came to United I remember people questioning how good he was in the air because he was a lot better on the floor. He had his best times next to Vidic whos strength was being a one man clearance crew from our box. There used to be passages of play where opponents put the ball into our box, Vidic heads it out, the opponents pick it up and keep up the pressure and again it came in and again he would head it out. And again they would pick up the ball and who was there to deal with the cross? Vidic.

So Lisandro not being as strong as some CBs in the air is fine, you just need to make sure he's with someone whos fairly strong in the air. You just dont want 2 CBs who probably the best method to get past them is to cross the ball in and compete in the air. Thats what it would have been like if we signed Timber like some posters wanted. Lisandro is best suited to someone taller and good at clearing the ball out in the air next to him. We have that with Maguire, Evans and Varane. And Argentina have it with Romero

The partners we look at in the future should also be solid in the air to help him out and there will be no issues

criticalanalysis

His only issue is defending set pieces because he can't get a running start/needs to defend from his heels.

In open play, he's more than fine and in attacking set pieces, I'd argue he's one of our biggest threats because of his sheer desire and movement. Case in point, look at the McTominay goal, it was all Martinez.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s more skillful on the ball than all of our midfielders except Mainoo from what I can see. The first touch, close control/dribbling, agility and passing range is superior to pretty much all of them.

Blood Mage

He's like a playmaker in defence, so influential in helping us to dominate games. We went back to our usual headless chicken routine when he came off.

Is there a better CB on the ball right now? Saliba and Stones are maybe the only two who are his equals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was our best player last year until his injury so it’s been an enormous loss to have him out all this time. We need to give him time to get back to his best and look for the ideal partner next to him for next season.