View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

edgecutter

Madness that he came back on, especially when we were 2 up. Hopefully that hasn't caused significant damage

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's not like Martinez didn't get asked how he felt and what he wanted to do. Maybe he wasn't sure at first and gave it another chance. Just unfortunate and nobody's fault.
I think you need to save the player from himself if there's a chance it's something that could be worsened. Someone like Martinez is probably going to say he wants to carry on if his foot's hanging off.

Castia

In 2 seasons he’s going to sit out well over a full season. 3rd big injury he can’t stay fit

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think you need to save the player from himself if there's a chance it's something that could be worsened. Someone like Martinez is probably going to say he wants to carry on if his foot's hanging off.
I agree he should have gone straight off. but if the player tells the medics he feels okay then they have to trust him on some level. Only he knows how it felt at the time, I don't think we should be blaming the medical staff.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
In 2 seasons he’s going to sit out well over a full season. 3rd big injury he can’t stay fit
The first two were the same injury that was incorrectly treated and/or rehabbed, and this one is a freak accident.

If your foot is planted at a wide angle and that thug Coufal chucks all his weight on your leg, you're getting injured whether you're Phil Jones or Bruno Fernandes.

hobbers

If it is an LCL tear, even a bad one might not be season ending.

Best case it's a bad LCL sprain.

Definitely going to be months out though.

3KDré

I love him and our season is over without him. However, we should be looking to replace in the summer. Clearly built from glass.
Our most important player IMO. These really sucks. We need to go into for a LCB in the summer. Branthwaite looks like the one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gutted for him. Why he was allowed to continue is beyond me.

We’re going to need to buy another ball playing centre half in the summer. We can’t have the entire team fall to shit whenever an injury prone defender gets injured.

Delano

Fecking hell, gutted about this. Makes a night and day difference to this team.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Whatever you look at it you can’t have your most important player missing so often. Gutting.

Spark

This one is just sheer bad luck. I actually don’t think he’s glass, the one today was a nasty impact injury. Coufal fell with all his weight onto Martinez’s planted knee, there’s sweet feck all you can do about that.

Let’s hope it isn’t as bad as it seems, but yeah what a depressing situation.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This one is just sheer bad luck. I actually don’t think he’s glass, the one today was a nasty impact injury. Coufal fell with all his weight onto Martinez’s planted knee, there’s sweet feck all you can do about that.

Yeah the worry is if these freak injuries (that’s two now) cause him actual long term issues. Ugh it’s just so frustrating.

El Zoido

He seems very injury prone. I’m constantly concerned he’s injured every time he goes in to a tackle.

hobbers

He's not made of glass or injury prone. The problem he has is the same as early Phil Jones. Commits into challenges and doesnt think enough about dodging impacts or riding challenges himself.

Vidic did the same in the air and that's why he took about 300 blows to the face every game. Licha is doing that but with his legs.

It will end his career early if he keeps it up.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
The injury was caused deliberately and you can't change my mind.
Ball is out of play, he doesn't make any attempt to protect Licha, just drops his full weight on his knee.
Looks smug about it too.

How I long to see West Ham relegated....

stu_1992

Feck sake. Those quotes are very concerning. Hoping for the best though. Absolutely irreplaceable player.

doomy20

True. For others, no opponents fall on their leg like that for years. And for him it happens right after coming back from an injury. It just isn’t ment to be.

DON’T PANIC ™

I hope further damage wasn’t done by trying to play on.
He should’ve been subbed immediately. History shows time & time again, you don’t run off knee ligament damage.

Blood Mage

Looks like ligament damage potentially, just devastating. We will need to sign two new CBs in the summer at this rate as he has no luck at all.

arthurka

Not injury prone? Please, he is always injured. Broke his foot running and did his knee standing firm shielding the ball. Why the feck can't we get any luck with these. Our season has been a absolute trainwreck. But let's not kid ourselves with him he is definitely injury prone.

Last edited:

Nicoteiro

Not injury prone? Please, he is always injured. Broke his foot running and did his knee standing firm shielding the ball. Why the feck can't we get any luck with these. Our season has been a absolute trainwreck. But let's not kid itself with him he is definitely injury prone.
So you have two long term injuries and suddenly you’re injury prone :lol: These people…

Varane , Agüero are/were injury prone players. Licha has been terribly unlucky. That’s all.

Giggsyking

If it is an LCL tear, even a bad one might not be season ending.

Best case it's a bad LCL sprain.

Definitely going to be months out though.
The mechanism of the injury strained the MCL. I wish he will be fine, all depending on how extensive the damage to the ligament is. Difficult to know now, sometimes surgery is the best and fastest option.

Unam333

The injury was caused deliberately and you can't change my mind.
Ball is out of play, he doesn't make any attempt to protect Licha, just drops his full weight on his knee.
Looks smug about it too.

How I long to see West Ham relegated....
In the heat of the moment I said that the West Ham player's intent was to deliberately hurt Martinez. Now I don't think he wanted to hurt Martinez, but he made no attempts to avoid falling on Martinez's knee. In fact, the ball went out of play and he just dropped like a sack of potatoes, forcing his whole body weight on Martinez.

Betson

Does not sound too good going by the post march soundings , ETH said it is very sad and personally devastating for the player , sounds as if his season is done.

As good as he is we need to face up the fact that he has through no fault of his own become quite injury prone and we need to be thinking about alternatives in the market.

pacifictheme

Does not sound too good going by the post march soundings , ETH said it is very sad and personally devastating for the player , sounds as if his season is done.

As good as he is we need to face up the fact that he has through no fault of his own become quite injury prone and we need to be thinking about alternatives in the market.
Having a player fall into your standing leg and giving you ligament damage is not being injury prone.

Getting a million muscle injuries on the regular is though, which as far as I am ware has not been the case for him.

We do need another CB though, because at present he is the only one I trust and the gulf between him and the rest is huge.

Malone_Post

Absolutely fecking gutting.

The fact the medical team let him come back on after the first knock as well.

Amateur hour once again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not injury prone? Please, he is always injured. Broke his foot running and did his knee standing firm shielding the ball. Why the feck can't we get any luck with these. Our season has been a absolute trainwreck. But let's not kid ourselves with him he is definitely injury prone.
He did his knee because a full human fell on it. Not from just shielding the ball. But you know that.

Kobbie Mainoo had the exact same thing happen to him in pre-season.

El Zoido

I was in the Stretford end and we were giving him everything we’d got as he was walking down the tunnel, but he looked so down and barely acknowledged us.

Darkhorsez

I was in the Stretford end and we were giving him everything we’d got as he was walking down the tunnel, but he looked so down and barely acknowledged us.
That’s just so sad. Such a warrior. This is devastating for him and for the team.