Luis Nani | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Nani isn't leaving stop worrying. He is doing his best to get paid as much as possible by United just like Rio,Rooney,Keane etc has done in the past. And United being United wants to pay him as little as possible eventually they will find a agreement that pleases everyone. Portuguese/English media is of course lapping it all up trying to sell papers.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Been Portugal's best player again tonight, Ronaldo once again has just tried to do everything himself but Nani's team play again has been brilliant

Keown is a cnut

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Just because the commentators think he is shit doesn't make it so.

His end product has been poor but again he has looked lively and the one most likely to make something happen. His pass to moutinho set up the goal and the one to pereira a great chance straight after.

Ronaldo may draw the plaudits but Nani has played better for the team IMO.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Apart from that one moment I dont think Nani's end product has been poor at all. He's got almost everything spot on in each of the 4 games so far.

Baxter

Not a great first half, but I think he's been very good in the second half.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
His end product was fine except that one cross not long before he got subbed off. They can't all land on Ronaldo's forehead

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Portugal need to get the ball out to Nani as much as possible. Creates something pretty much every time he gets it.

It's mad to think that we had him, Ronaldo and Rooney in the same team at one point.

Ekeke

Wasnt great today and Czech forcing him to play in very tight pockets of space when he had the ball at his feet restricted how dangerous he was going to be.

But he wasnt half as bad as Keown was trying to make him out. Everytime Portugal lost the ball or failed to score he came up with a reason why Nani is at fault

Godfather

Portugal need to get the ball out to Nani as much as possible. Creates something pretty much every time he gets it.

It's mad to think that we had him, Ronaldo and Rooney in the same team at one point.
Nani wasnt the finished article he is now back then though.
Would love to see them together now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The pass between the legs was lovely. Was pretty good again. Tougher game for him due to the tight marking by the Czechs.

Cina

Definitely not as good as against the Dutch but still a few sparkles of brilliance.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Been Portugal's best player again tonight, Ronaldo once again has just tried to do everything himself but Nani's team play again has been brilliant

Keown is a cnut
Nani was average at best tonight. Ronaldo was the stand out performer tonight.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

Keown is a cnut
?

Was his worst game so far though he was OK.

Keown is a bell end though. I liked in the post match analysis how Klinsman was the only pundit to give Nani his due. At one point Hansen named all the quality players in the the Portuguese team and left Nani out only for Klinsman to throw him in at the end.

Nice one Jurgen.

Hellboy

Looked tired, didn't beat his man a lot but some of his decision making was wonderful again. Superb skill near the end with that nutmeg. :drool:

Skywarden

He was tackled badly at one point. Perhaps it had something to do with his, relatively speaking, calm evening.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought it was a pretty ordinary performance from him. Not poor but he's certainly capable of much much better.

Bape

Very average game today, doesn't help when he's being massively overshadowed by Ronaldo either.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His crossing has been consistently ridiculously good so far in the tournament. I've got really big expectations from him when he comes back.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Nani was good tonight. People have been praising Gerrard, but that performance today was no worse than anything he has put in so far.

Baxter

One thing I'd say, and I don't know if it comes from the manager but I think he should play more on the "inside" occasionally. When he's out wide he is great, as he can take on a man, and is a fantastic crosser, but like where Ronaldo plays on the left I think Nani should come into more often on the right. He has a great shot on him on either foot, and his passing ability is very good also. I think he'd lethal from there.

Cold_Boy

True, just saying. It'd be madness having them in the same team now. So much ability.
We had Tevez too.

If he had not acted like a cnut....

--------Carrick-------Scholes---

Nani------Rooney--------Ronaldo

-----------Tevez--------------

:drool:

askabob

We had Tevez too.

This team could regularly challenge Guardiola's Barcelona. Incredible attacking prowess.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Together with Rio and Vidic at their best, with Evra remembering how to defend and an amazing VDS in goal

Devil may care

Not at his best against the Czech's but I think with Ronaldo playing so freely Nani is being a bit more conservative.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We had Tevez too.

I don't think it'd have worked that well.In each team you need some sort of balance, this would remind too much of Madrid's galacticos.A assembly of extraordinary attacking talents don't necessarily make for a good team

Cina

His passing has been awesome at times though. Something you don't see as much for us, makes me wonder if we limit him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.