Luka Modric

twitter thread suggester
He's great on the ball, but pretty poor when the other team has the ball, and that's why I wouldn't trust him in a 2-man midfield and why the comparison with Fabregas is absolutely ludicrous. He can easily become a liability when Tottenham are not in possession or when he's having an off day.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's nothing special.
For someone so relatively inexperienced he has quite an impressive footballing brain, I think.

One of those players that do things other players don't even see.

He's nothing special now, and he might never be, but he does have the potential to.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Glaston, who is better right now, Anderson or Modric?
That's right, ask GlastonSpur who is well renowned for his unbiased attitude towards football a question about who is better an United youngster or a Spurs youngster.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For someone so relatively inexperienced he has quite an impressive footballing brain, I think.

One of those players that do things other players don't even see.

He's nothing special now, and he might never be, but he does have the potential to.
Agree with this. I think hes a top talent. His first touch and passing is Scholesque. His vision is also top notch. But hes not fulfilling his potential right now, dont see it happening at spurs.

vuc

First Team Serb
Guys, like I said before - Judge him next year. He has only recently started to get himself more involved in games.. It's clear he is a talent on the international level and we should see the better of him next year.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
What about when Modric made Lampard and Gerrard look ten times their value in shite against England?
The same could be said for Dwight Yorke, Andreas Ivanschitz, Szabolcs Huszti, etc. It's hardly a benchmark.

Interista

You guys should sign him, may be decent in the Stankovic role.
I agree with you, he would provide quality to our midfield which clearly lacks it. I would field him in midfield in a line of three rather than in the Stankovic role though. I think he would do well in the serie A since the pace is slower.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
He'll do well for Spurs next season if 'Arry puts together a team, adds some steal to the midfield instead of the likes of Zakora, Huddlestone, Jenas...

I think Modric is a cracking wee player, remember it's his first season in England coming from Croatia and considering he's playing for probably the most underperforming team in the league i think he's doing not too bad. Next season i'd expect him to crack on because he has a lot more quality than alot of players who are big names in the premier league.

Doevle

Lets just put in a bid for him. I have missed Mr. Levy
If we are to bid for a Spurs player, I'd like it to be Heurelho Gomes. He proved in the Carling Cup Final that he is one of the leagues best goalkeepers, and I think he could be the perfect successor to Van der Sar. Probably wont cost too much as well

lol

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
If we are to bid for a Spurs player, I'd like it to be Heurelho Gomes. He proved in the Carling Cup Final that he is one of the leagues best goalkeepers, and I think he could be the perfect successor to Van der Sar. Probably wont cost too much as well

lol
:lol:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Glaston, who is better right now, Anderson or Modric?
I haven't really seen enough of Anderson playing to justify my having a clear opinion on this. All I know is that any Caftards who claim Modric is average (or worse) are wide of the mark. I think he's a class player who has generally gotten better and better as the season has developed and he adapts to the Prem.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I haven't really seen enough of Anderson playing to justify my having a clear opinion on this. All I know is that any Caftards who claim Modric is average (or worse) are wide of the mark. I think he's a class player who has generally gotten better and better as the season has developed and he adapts to the Prem.
Fair points made there man :cool:

I think you'll see the best of Modric next season tbf. He seems to be a little inconsistent this season, but its his first season & it takes time to adjust to a new club & country. I thought he played well on Sunday aswell, so that should give him confidence for the remainedr of the League campaign, although i didnt think Gibson played well & allowed modric to float around unnoticed. But respect due all the same!

Personally, I love Anderson's aggression & strength when on the ball. He's brilliant at running with the ball & allowing the ball to do the work for him in tight areas & he rarely gives it away.

They are different players in many respects, i wouldnt regard Modric as box-to-box but I certainly would consider M-I-S-T-E-R A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N just that :devil:

Considering that Anderson is three years younger at 20 years old, i wouldnt swap him for anyone!

Brwned

Yep, pretty much how I'd see it.

Have you not seen enough of Anderson to at least say the same?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Yep, pretty much how I'd see it.

Have you not seen enough of Anderson to at least say the same?
I guess so, but I haven't seen him playing in United matches anything like as often as you so I don't have that much to go on.

Brwned

Don't you wish he would cut out all that crap too?

Modric shouldn't be passing comment but he is correct.
Who cares?

Seems like you're just winding people up for the sake of it now Frank.

FranklyVulgar

Who cares?

Seems like you're just winding people up for the sake of it now Frank.
What for saying what is blatantly obvious, wouldn't you like Ronaldo more if he was more dignified? His petulance detracts from his play and his reputation. And as Modric says he doesn't need to do it and it's pointless. Ronaldo could do that stuff and get away with it in spain, portugal, italy etc but it isn't expected in England.

If you enjoy Ronaldos acts of petulance and theatrics then that's your perogative, personally i don't like it and agree that he's doing no-one any favours with that sort of behaviour. All it does is turn people against him.

Brwned

What for saying what is blatantly obvious, wouldn't you like Ronaldo more if he was more dignified? His petulance detracts from his play and his reputation. And as Modric says he doesn't need to do it and it's pointless. Ronaldo could do that stuff and get away with it in spain, portugal, italy etc but it isn't expected in England.

If you enjoy Ronaldos acts of petulance and theatrics then that's your perogative, personally i don't like it and agree that he's doing no-one any favours with that sort of behaviour. All it does is turn people against him.
No, I wouldn't care in the slightest. I don't care if he's petulant, I don't care if any player does that, I'll look past it.

You don't like it because you don't like him.

FranklyVulgar

No, I wouldn't care in the slightest. I don't care if he's petulant, I don't care if any player does that, I'll look past it.

You don't like it because you don't like him.
Fair enough, you'll turn a blind eye to any players actions or behaviour. As i said that is your perogative but for me i don't have to like it and wont pretend i do.

For example Carrick dived against Inter Milan, whilst he isn't thought of as a diver i wasn't going to turn a blind eye to it, it disgusted me. Theatrics, cheating and diving all disgust me. Petulance, waving imaginary cards etc are all things that detract IMO from the game of football being played. All it does is piss me off when watching the game.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet

More arsenal for your anti Ronaldo rhetoric. I get it, you don't like the man. But what exactly did Ronaldo do in that game or thereafter to merit the comment from Modric? Modric is needlessly jumping on the bandwagon, as a player one shouldn't criticize others especially when they themselves are occasionally guilty of the same crimes as the ones they criticize.

Incidentally if Modric was so righteous and knew the way things are done in England, wouldn't he have criticized fellow Spurs players for diving and waving imaginary cards in the air?

He maybe a decent footballer BUT Modric is as guilty as the person he is chastising

FranklyVulgar

More arsenal for your anti Ronaldo rhetoric. I get it, you don't like the man. But what exactly did Ronaldo do in that game or thereafter to merit the comment from Modric? Modric is needlessly jumping on the bandwagon, as a player one shouldn't criticize others especially when they themselves are occasionally guilty of the same crimes as the ones they criticize.

Incidentally if Modric was so righteous and knew the way things are done in England, wouldn't he have criticized fellow Spurs players for diving and waving imaginary cards in the air?

He maybe a decent footballer BUT Modric is as guilty as the person he is chastising
I did say in my first post that he shouldn't be commenting. Brwned doesn't care about petulance or cheating in football which is fine that is his opinion on it. Just because you support United doesn't mean you have to like a players behavior 24/7 even if he is the best player in the world.

Brwned

Fair enough, you'll turn a blind eye to any players actions or behaviour. As i said that is your perogative but for me i don't have to like it and wont pretend i do.

For example Carrick dived against Inter Milan, whilst he isn't thought of as a diver i wasn't going to turn a blind eye to it, it disgusted me. Theatrics, cheating and diving all disgust me. Petulance, waving imaginary cards etc are all things that detract IMO from the game of football being played. All it does is piss me off when watching the game.
Really?

But being such a big fan of La Liga I can't see how you can't just look past it now, with how often it happens.

FranklyVulgar

Really?

But being such a big fan of La Liga I can't see how you can't just look past it now, with how often it happens.
I don't look past it, i deride any player who goes to ground easily or dives, cheats etc. You see quality football which i like and the theatrics are definetely worse but the Prem isn't exactly not guilty with stevie hypocrit starfish, Joe Cole, even Rooney has done some awful attempts at diving and Carrick now. Ronaldo is certainly the worst and could be having an influence on the players around him in that regard.

Suedesi

Ronnie is no worse than your average diver out there, the likes of J. Cole, Gerrard, Drogba, Ballack, Eboue etc, but b/c of the "he sent Rooney off in the WC" brigade, his actions get scrutinized and amplified more than the rest.

Merman

I can count the number of times Ronaldo dived this season. Gerrard, Torres, Robinho, Drogba are all worse than Ronaldo.

Scholesy

Redknapp praises Modric.

'I think he could play for any team in the world,' said Redknapp. 'I said Lassana Diarra could play for any team in the world after two weeks at Portsmouth and he ended up at Real Madrid. This kid's the same.

'Alex Ferguson said to me after the the Carling Cup final last week that he thought he was fantastic and Alex changed how they played because of him.

'Sir Alex said "I took John O'Shea off and changed our system because Modric was causing us so many problems".

'We're looking to keep pushing Tottenham forward and hope that he won't want to go anywhere. I said to Ferguson, "no, you don't want him, Alex".'

'Luka never misses a day's training. I've had a few Croatian lads over the years and I've found them to be terrific lads.

'Slaven Bilic played for me as well. I talk to Slaven a lot. He tells me that this fella will be one of the best players in the world.'

Redknapp thinks Modric is 'an amazing player with a great brain' but admits he was surprised by the Croatian's bravery.

'Not only is he a great footballer, he's strong,' said Redknapp. 'He works for the team, he takes knocks, he gets on with it. He challenges, he heads it.

So... I told you he was the bollocks.