Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFish

Really impressed with his performance v Chelsea. Consistency will come, but the talent shines through. Can see him being our LB for the next decade.

Ekeke

I think that Shaw could be an excellent wingback if he had more confidence in his obvious ability to leave people for dead.
Agree.

For most of the season Shaw has underwhelmed going forward. Too often he passed the ball back to a teammate instead of trying to run down the line. When he's got into good crossing positions, most of his crosses failed to beat a defender or he took too long and the chance passed him by.

The Chelsea performance showed not one bit of any of that. And its nothing new to me, because I saw him do the same things - dribble past players and pick out a teammate very well - when he was at Southampton last season. These werent things that came from nowhere, these were things he's already shown he can do. He just needs to believe in and want to do that more often than earlier in the season when he was content not to penetrate down his wing and just keep the ball by passing it inside.

Trizy

Agree.

For most of the season Shaw has underwhelmed going forward. Too often he passed the ball back to a teammate instead of trying to run down the line. When he's got into good crossing positions, most of his crosses failed to beat a defender or he took too long and the chance passed him by.

The Chelsea performance showed not one bit of any of that. And its nothing new to me, because I saw him do the same things - dribble past players and pick out a teammate very well - when he was at Southampton last season. These werent things that came from nowhere, these were things he's already shown he can do. He just needs to believe in and want to do that more often than earlier in the season when he was content not to penetrate down his wing and just keep the ball by passing it inside.
Lads, he's 19 :lol:

Plenty of time to work on his forward game, especially with LVG as his coach.

kps88

Thats nothing to do with repeating what he's already shown he can do with consistancy.

He's done it, so he can do it again. Doesnt matter if he's 28 or 15
Of course it matters! Expecting a 19 year old to consistently maintain a top level of performance across multiple seasons is unrealistic. We've seen many young players have a great break out season followed by a slight dip in performance. Consistency comes with age and experience.

Ekeke

Of course it has. Inconsitency is much more common in young players than in older more experienced players.
Its not consistancy

Its belief

One season he consistantly does something, the next he doesn't try it. Is Antonio Valencia inconsistant?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Agree.

He's played 19 games and has been a sub, or subbed off very early in 7 of those. He hasn't really had a season, it's been wrecked by injury. Can't judge him on anything yet imo.

Ekeke

He's played 19 games and has been a sub, or subbed off very early in 7 of those. He hasn't really had a season, it's been wrecked by injury. Can't judge him on anything yet imo.
I dont know why nobody is bothering to read the whole post. I'm praising him and saying it shouldnt be a surprise because thats what he was doing at Southampton. He just needs to believe in the ability he clearly already has because he's already shown it, which is what he did against Chelsea and that was fantastic.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dont know why nobody is bothering to read the whole post. I'm praising him and saying it shouldnt be a surprise because thats what he was doing at Southampton. He just needs to believe in the ability he clearly already has because he's already shown it, which is what he did against Chelsea and that was fantastic.
I'm with you on that one, at times earlier on in the season he's seemed a little overwhelmed by the scale of the club and this has hit his confidence a little bit, choosing the easier option to avoid making mistakes. There's no doubt he has it in his locker as proven by the Chelsea game, more performances like that and he'll be our first choice left back for the next 10/12 years.

itso 7

If we do get Depay, that could set our left side up for the next 10 years. Vital that he forms a good partnership with whoever is ahead of him. With Di Maria, he ignores him too much and opts to cut inside. Young is great at allowing overlaps and Shaw looked great due to it.
Just like De Gea was supposed to be our Goalie for the next fifteen years? The fact is we could help him be the best in the world and in three years he could stall on a new deal, force his dream move and we are back to square one. From now on we need to reserve that priveledge for our own graduates like McNair and Blackett.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just like De Gea was supposed to be our Goalie for the next fifteen years? The fact is we could help him be the best in the world and in three years he could stall on a new deal, force his dream move and we are back to square one. From now on we need to reserve that priveledge for our own graduates like McNair and Blackett.
Okay :lol:

ZDwyr

Thought he was one of our best players. Have no issues with him in the long term, think he will be brilliant for us.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
2 posts today?! Posters love focusing on the negatives, eh?

Him and Smalling were the stand out performers today.

saivet

Very good again today. Solid defensively and probably our best player going forward too

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's going to be a star here. 2 games back and he was our most dangerous player.

He sounds like the thickest footballer out there, but his footballing intelligence is wise beyond his years. His runs towards the bylines, both the timing and the pace at which he does it, is on the same level that Evra used to do, and that guy has over a decades' more experience than Luke. Right now he seems like our best outlet by far, and we should focus on our attack coming predominantly from that left hand side next season, hopefully with Depay coming in to add extra threat.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
2 posts today?! Posters love focusing on the negatives, eh?

Him and Smalling were the stand out performers today.
Indeed, a new CB and a new RB and we'll have a very solid defence. Shaw seems to have gotten a bit of confidence after his performance against CChelsea, he was good today.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
a real highlight recently. I just hope we can get a RB equivalent

Kag

He's stupidly quick. He breezed by one of their players into the box in the opening ten minutes. Eating the ground up!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Along with Smalling he is probably the only one who can hold their head up. Was quite good today, is getting better at going forward and is almost impossible to stop he is so fast and strong. Got burnt a couple times by Lennon but then Lennon used to routinely roast the shit out of Evra consistently. Just going to be and already is a great player.

Skills

Snitch
Put in two scrumptious tackles today. One on Lennon and the other one on Barkley (?) where they got a bit hurt. First one was especially terrific to be honest, made it look so easy.

Classical Mechanic

He's going to be a star here. 2 games back and he was our most dangerous player.

He sounds like the thickest footballer out there, but his footballing intelligence is wise beyond his years. His runs towards the bylines, both the timing and the pace at which he does it, is on the same level that Evra used to do, and that guy has over a decades' more experience than Luke. Right now he seems like our best outlet by far, and we should focus on our attack coming predominantly from that left hand side next season, hopefully with Depay coming in to add extra threat.
I can't remember exactly who it was but around the time of the World Cup an Italian legend highlighted him as one of the world's top young players, he said that he already plays like a veteran at 18.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He is brilliant. Our left side scary good once we play a world class wide player in front of him.

Cina

His groin? It must be from wearing those skin tight pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.