Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rojo does a job at LB, but we definitely do miss Shaw there, just show's how important it is to a decent fullback. I would personally prefer Young to start at LB next time. Hope Shaw is back soon though!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The lad is definitely a class player or will be soon.

Still think Van Gaal should not have publically said he was unfit earlier in the season. He should learn to be a lot more diplomatic in public how he talks about players. Players are the clubs most important assets along with fans. Criticising them in public causes their confidence and values to dip.

Man Utd 1:2 Arsenal

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Tough first half so far. Continuing a worrying trend of offering little going forward, even more so considering Bellerin is on a yellow and there for the taking. He has also been unusually destroyed defensively too by Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Hope he has a blinder soon, in an attacking sense, he's a very good defender on the whole and we could do with unleashing a beast like Patrice from left back at times again.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He somehow manages to be worse than Valencia going forward which is really annoying.

justboy68

Not surprised to see him come off at half time, he was all at sea in that half. Hopefully it is that and not another injury.

Acole9

Outstanding
What a waste of money. The lad just isn't fit, he's 18 or 19 and has the fitness of a pub team player complete joke.

ZDwyr

It's amazing how many times I have read "pub player" or "pub level" in the player threads tonight. Anyway, he wasn't great. First game back though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What a waste of money. The lad just isn't fit, he's 18 or 19 and has the fitness of a pub team player complete joke.
He hasn't had fitness issues until he joined our club... hes also not the only one having them here...

Devil may care

Really struggled with Ox, right call to switch him and Rojo but then Ox got injured so it didn't matter, I think Rojo is better going forward right now though.

Kag

Ay, that's nonsense.

First game back and he struggled. Unless you include a dead rubber against Costa Rica at the World Cup then tonight's match is possibly the biggest he's played so far in his career. He slipped a few times, too, which won't have done anything for his nerves.

Acole9

Outstanding
He has to come off in most games and was apparently "tired" and didn't play another game as a result. For his age and the price we paid it's a disappointment. This isn't a knee jerk because of tonight's loss more of what I've seen over the season so far from Shaw.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
I seem to remember he was good outlet on the left for Southampton with good technique on his delivery, but his crossing is even worse than Evra's now.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Having him go off injured was a complete waste of a sub we could have used. Sick note and so far as big a waste Of money as any of our new signings.

SqueakyWeasel

He has to come off in most games and was apparently "tired" and didn't play another game as a result. For his age and the price we paid it's a disappointment. This isn't a knee jerk because of tonight's loss more of what I've seen over the season so far from Shaw.
I wonder if he actually is struggling or if LvG just see's someone with that body-type and dismisses them as "unfit" and sends them to Fat Camp. He was apparently a lot less fit than he is now when he was at Southampton but attracted admiring glances from everywhere … we paid lots for him to beat off the other suitors and then LvG came in pre-season and decided he was fat!

drdoityourself

I'm a Shaw-boy but he really needs to support the winger better. Especially with Young opting for going on to his right he needs to be there for the overlap. They were often waiting for him to come or basically telling him to move further forward, it slows us down and lord knows we could do without further pauses in our play.

rooney1905

It's getting really frustrating at this point. From a coaching standpoint I'm not sure why he continues to start when we know he almost always one of the subbed off players. Until he is fit enough he shouldn't be starting. If it is due to chronic injuries than why is Rafael banished to the bench? He is a quality player but until we can rely him he needs to be benched. Subbing him, a left back, means we usually have to shift in defense and/or midfield. That is too much disruption just to start a second half.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Wasnt surprised he got taken off, kept falling over and Ox was causing him a bit of bother, most surprising bit though was LvG put Rojo at LB instead of moving Blind over and putting Carrick in his place.
Do we have confirmation if it was tactical or injury?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasnt surprised he got taken off, kept falling over and Ox was causing him a bit of bother, most surprising bit though was LvG put Rojo at LB instead of moving Blind over and putting Carrick in his place.
Do we have confirmation if it was tactical or injury?
Blind would have been a disaster vs Ox tbh

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Blind would have been a disaster vs Ox tbh
Fair point, Blinds distribution would have been several hundred percent better than either Rojo or Shaw from the left though that was my initial thought.

Ludens the Red

What on earth happened to the player we signed from Southampton? Why do we always get conned? Or is it something we're doing wrong? I dont understand, why does he look shattered after 5 minutes of every game he plays? He's never in the opposition half anyway.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He was very, very good last season for Southampton (and England). This season he's injured every other game. Don't know what the problem is, but so many injuries so early in his career is not a good sign.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Makes you realise just how spoilt we were with Evra from a fitness and attacking pov.

Hamadovich86

Seems like our worst signing this season so far. I wasnt following him when he was at Southampton but I heard really good things and I thought we were set, I sincerely hope that this is not the best he can do otherwise we're going to need to buy another LB this summer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: couldnt make it up. Now we have to rely on Rojo as our left back. Or better, lets revert to 3-5-2.
Wouldn't mind something like this:

De Gea
Jones - Smalling - Rojo
Valencia - Carrick - Blind - Young
Herrera - Mata
Rooney​

Mali_Zeus

Seems like our worst signing this season so far. I wasnt following him when he was at Southampton but I heard really good things and I thought we were set, I sincerely hope that this is not the best he can do otherwise we're going to need to buy another LB this summer.
Don't exaggerate please.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We had Evra for 8 and half year, and I can't remember when he was injured to be honest. Shaw has been bought 33M this summer, no assist, no goals, can't play 5 games in a row.

What's the problem with all the English player now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.