Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

If you cant play for the club because you're constantly injured, you're a terrible buy so far. Sorting out injuries isnt the easiest thing ever, ask Robben or Hargreaves.
He's a young lad who just moved to one of the top clubs in Europe. Referring to him as a terrible buy in his first year here at the age of 19 is ridiculous to be fair. I'm willing to bet he will turn out to be an excellent left back for us in the future. Vidic and Evra struggled when they first came here and Shaw has arguably been more impressive at a younger age, in his debut season at the club. He does need to sort out his injuries in the future but the talent is undoubtedly there. Has all the attributes to make it here.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's a young lad who just moved to one of the top clubs in Europe. Referring to him as a terrible buy in his first year here at the age of 19 is ridiculous to be fair. I'm willing to bet he will turn out to be an excellent left back for us in the future. Vidic and Evra struggled when they first came here and Shaw has arguably been more impressive at a younger age, in his debut season at the club. He does need to sort out his injuries in the future but the talent is undoubtedly there. Has all the attributes to make it here.
The words ; so far, isnt so difficult. So far, he hasnt played many games for us and has been injured more than he's actually playing, so far he just isnt a good buy. He could prove to be that in the future, but his first season here has been a failure.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He'll be off to the Czech Republic this summer to take part in the Euro U21 finals unfortunately.
The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see him having to sit it out due to injury. Although knowing our luck he'll be fit as a fiddle for them and get injured upon return.

Amir

I don't recall him being injured as much last season.
We know Van Gaal wasn't happy with his fitness levels. Maybe whatever training scheme we set up for him causedthose problems. Question is if he's going to come out on the other side of it a fitter player who doesn't get injured regularly.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't recall him being injured as much last season.
I recall he had a couple long layoffs. Watched him a lot because of all the speculation at the time. Also been watching Clyne this season and he's as reliable fitness/availability wise as Valencia

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He was a big loss for the West Brom game. Would have given us a good overlap with Young and allowed Blind to play the holding role and Herrera to play in his normal position. That said he would have been told to keep possession at all costs and be patient!

Ozio

I love Luke Shaw the player.....I think he could surpass Denis Irwin...That's how highly I rate him...

But, these injuries are beginning to take the piss
Wouldn't wanna get him confused with the other Luke Shaw.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Irwin was much more hardy and not prone to weak injuries. He is good but I don't think he will reach the level of Irwin.
One has to say we were very lucky to have both Evra and Irwin as our full backs. Superb players and very rarely injured.

If Shaw can even get close their levels he will turn out to be worth the money paid.

Coxy

I recall he had a couple long layoffs. Watched him a lot because of all the speculation at the time. Also been watching Clyne this season and he's as reliable fitness/availability wise as Valencia
well you obviously didn't watch him that closely as he never had long layoffs at all. Like someone else said, I don't think he ever missed more than 2 matches.

Just look on wiki - he played 35 matches last season....25 the year before that.

With you lot...15. He wasn't injury prone till he joined you.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He has clearly got the ability, its just the injuries hindering his progress the slightest. Unfortunate.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
well you obviously didn't watch him that closely as he never had long layoffs at all. Like someone else said, I don't think he ever missed more than 2 matches.

Just look on wiki - he played 35 matches last season....25 the year before that.

With you lot...15. He wasn't injury prone till he joined you.
That's cause teams try against us ;)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hope he is back for Saturday, will really need his speed/strength against Zaha/Bolasie.

Stretford End Phil

One has to say we were very lucky to have both Evra and Irwin as our full backs. Superb players and very rarely injured.

If Shaw can even get close their levels he will turn out to be worth the money paid.
Young players who are plagued by injuries never seem to achieve the heights. Seen a number of full backs since Tony Dunne and Shaw has the makings. I just think it's going to be a challenge now for him to cross the threshold into greatness. Mind you I hope he does.

Coxy

That's cause teams try against us ;)
in all seriousness - isn't it mostly in training he's getting injured?

That never happened to him at Southampton (not as often anyway). Your players (especially defenders) do seem to be very injury prone. Are you guys torturing them in training?!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Might not be his fault, but he is making a habit of this.
Aye, awful habit of being elbowed in the face receiving what looks to be a broken nose and a bout of concussion.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah let's throw him under a bus because he gets a freak injury that has nothing to do with muscle or ligaments or something affecting his movement. He gets hit in the face, draws blood and is concussed. Grow up

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I'm pleasantly surprised, I was sure people would somehow be blaming him for the injury.

soapythecat

Looks a proper fanny to me. May be a broken nose but he looks like he has just been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
The girl needs to drink some Iron Bruce and man the feck up.
I bet LVG hates him for been such a soft cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.